Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Throneroom - By: Kaidis86 Aka PartyBros Design!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks interesting. Cant wait to see more. I like the idea of a lightsaber as the power button. Nice touch.

Comment

Update!! Received the finals bits I needed to start running all the tubing and mounting reservoirs from DazMode on Friday! A butt ton of fittings, a few spare tubes juuuuust in case, and the flow meters!

I 100% contemplated rolling around on the floor with all of these like a pile of money hahahaha

ps. These torque 3 way fittings are BOSS!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190913_140557.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	88102

drilled a few holes in the base of the case to mount the reservoirs where I wanted them!

Name:	20190913_231340.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	88103

Most of the tubing run! It wont be so saggy once the passthrough plate is installed to hold up the bottom portion of the loop, right now the tubes are just connected via passthrough hanging there.

Name:	20190913_234732.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	88104

so far I'm happy with how it's coming along! A few tweaks here and there, and then the remainder of the custom bits, cables, shrouds, panels and plates and then I'll be ready to criticize it for the next 2 months until I'm happy as can be with it!

Name:	20190913_235338.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	88105

Comment

Sweet job so far! Cant wait to see it completed!

Comment

Thats a big pile of connectors haha.
          Looking good though.

Comment

Originally posted by SystemTech View Post
            Thats a big pile of connectors haha.
            Looking good though.
            Thanks! Heh it's a fair few so far to manage but itll be nice and tidy when it's all together!!

Another tiny little update!

Made a set of cables a bit earlier this year for this build, with black, and shades of grey, but decided with the little bits of red I was adding to the build and case it would be a nice touch to add some into the wires as well! So I popped the connectors off and replaced a few strands with red sleeving in an asymmetrical pattern! (Ran out of red before finishing the CPU cables so they stayed grey for now until I put together the additional 4 pin eventually)

Name:	20190917_042457.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	88183

since my entry from last year got stripped down so I could send the case to England, I took the nanoxia cable combs from Lightbringer and tossed them into this! They are just too beautiful to let sit!

The 8 pin cpu cable I really like with all 4 combs on it, despite not having the red strip yet!

Name:	15687503635182943028187907926559.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	88185

Simple colour scheme to bring out that extra little bit of "Galactic Empire" aesthetic.

Also put my drains together! 2 darkside ball valves with red handles, 2 ekwb Torque 3 way fittings, and 2 darkside 16mm HT fittings, 2x 10mm darkside male/Male spacers

Name:	20190917_135620.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	88184

Tomorrow/Thursday I'll be finishing the baseplate and test fitting, then its onto my side panels on the shapeoko!!

Comment

Looking good. Those cable combs are very cool.
              I also like the red handles on the drains.

Comment

Quick update for today! Working on the bottom floor plate for the mod! All of the details on the plate were done with a 1/16" solid carbide ceramic coated 2 flute tapered ball nose bit!

After some quick re measurements and designing changes to accommodate the mounted pumps and reservoirs, I finalized the design for the top of the plate and buzz buzz buzz 2 hours later we have an engraved floor plate!

Engravings are done at 0.032" depth to emulate floor panels. Unfortunately having a bit of an issue with the y axis travel on my machine today without the assistance of clamps for the workpiece. So since this is not something I'm willing to take a chance on at this stage of finish, I'm going to cut the remainder of the profile by hand, and finish the edges smooth.

First few lines down and looking solid!

Name:	20190919_084235.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	88240

starting to look like floor panels!

Name:	20190919_085245.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	88241

Adding in the accents to each panel.... over 140 little markings, took the bulk of the time (cause I'm forgetful sometimes and had my retract height set too high for a slow plunge rate, so I got to watch it cut air for 2/3 of that operation as it slowly crept towards the plate from 1/16" above it) YAY LEARNING!

Name:	20190919_092823.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	88242

All the engraving done! Now I need to profile it properly!! Then there are a few little accents to add on, and paint!

(Can clearly see I'm learning heh, the big nasty bit is one of my ENORMOUS failures in an early rendition. Luckily in the end it wasnt a throwaway causing issue! Gotta make sure to double check everything you can think of before starting, EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Even if it's a pain in the ass. Learn from my mistakes so you dont have to make them )

Name:	20190919_181453.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	88243

Comment

Oh wow, thatsa very intersting panel right there. Its going to look great once you have added colour to it.

Comment

Oh wow, thatsa very intersting panel right there. Its going to look great once you have added colour to it.
                    Thank you! It's one of 2 levels that will be included in the floor plating Its been a lot of fun planning it out and making it so far. I'm debating on whether or not to leave the engravings as raw aluminum and paint the panels for some contrast, or to coat the whole panel and maybe paint the engravings for contrast a more "popping" colour like red.

I'm leaning towards the first option. I think 140 red dots might be a bit too much lol. So I'll probably q tip some vaseline into the engravings before paint to keep them raw looking.

I've also decided to add a hand sculpted element in towards the end as I did some sculpting with polymer clay last year and I'd like to keep that hand made inclusion as a kind of signature

I'll reveal that part a little later though once the side panels and floor plate are installed !

I've got 11 more custom items to go on the shapeoko. Some of which I'm saving until I finish upgrading the spindle and Z axis. As I just picked up a ballscrew for better tolerance and rigidity, and a huanyang 2.2kw spindle kit. Which is also water cooled haha and going to be using a heatkiller reservoir and hwlabs rad for that!

WATERCOOL ALL THE THINGS! HEH

Anyway... here's a photo of the new Z axis before install which will be aiding in the construction of several of my mods!

Name:	20190917_142056.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	88247
                    So much nicer than a belt driven axis!

And a little teaser... a rendering of the case feet I designed.

Name:	20190920_080803.png
Views:	271
Size:	189.4 KB
ID:	88248

If you know your Star Wars this should be a pretty easy recognition item !! I'll be making 4 of these from a 1" aluminum plate!

Name:	15689885799036013566249247371200.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	88249
                    Cant wait to turn this into a big pile of aluminum chips

Comment

Ohh AT-AT feet. NICE!
                      Ok, noob questions, what on earth is a Z Axis?

Comment

Ohh AT-AT feet. NICE!
                        Ok, noob questions, what on earth is a Z Axis?
                        Z-Axis is the verticle or (Up / Down ) movement of the cutting tool and Im totally jealous of the entire unit lol. Looking forward to see the new feet!

Comment

Originally posted by dknourek View Post

Z-Axis is the verticle or (Up / Down ) movement of the cutting tool and Im totally jealous of the entire unit lol. Looking forward to see the new feet!
                          Yessir! I'm looking forward to doing the feet as well! My 2.2kw water cooled spindle arrived today, so as soon as I finish the side panels and passthrough plate, I'll be installing it for the case feet!

The side panels will involve my first attempt at double sided machining as well, so I'm trying to push the envelope of what I can do.

Next year I'm *hoping* to have a nice lathe, and I'm going to try to make my own fittings

Tiny update for the day, got my flow meters installed, getting close to being able to fill it up

Name:	20190922_174832.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	88289

Should hopefully have the side panels finished by Thursday to post!
                          Last edited by Kaidis86; 09-24-2019, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Omg i love where this is going!

Comment

Originally posted by drunknfoo View Post
                              Omg i love where this is going!
                              Thanks I'm stoked to get the side panels done and photographed. Got caught up doing some farm work today so postponed doing them to tomorrow

Comment

Thank you for joining competition ! Fantastic build-log.
                                __________________________________________________
                                Retro Build: Build Log,
                                Baby Blue Build: Build Log,
                                Green Lanten Build: Build Log,
                                Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                                Venom Build: Build Log,
                                Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                                Orange Build: Final Video
                                HTPC Build: Final Video
                                __________________________________________________

Comment

Working...
                                X