Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Throneroom - By: Kaidis86 Aka PartyBros Design!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy folks! Back with another little update! Leak testing is still underway. Had a couple tiny drips that needed addressing. But after a few little twists of some fittings everything has been going smoothly since!

I initially had thought maybe one of my fittings wasnt quite threaded as far as it needed to be, but it turns out the threads inside the block were about 0.25mm too shallow so it wasnt making good contact with the o ring on one of the fittings. Luckily the block is copper so its soft enough to allow the thread to be tightened down enough to make a seal.

Here it is full and circulating! Distilled with EK Cryofuel clear concentrate added in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191012_163213.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	88669 Click image for larger version

Name:	20191012_163306.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	88670 Click image for larger version

Name:	20191011_193840.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	88671

Still debating on whether to add any colorant to the fluid since pretty much every part with fluid circulation is covered by either solid tubing or the custom bits I have planned for the reservoirs. But it might be nice to see some red fluid between the open bits of the pieces I'm planning.

For now it'll stay clear, and tomorrow I'll be connecting everything to fire it up for the first time since test booting! Wish me luck and pray for chilly temperatures!!

Comment

looking good! I totally think once you get the loop finalized, adding some red to the loop might kick it up a notch

Comment

Originally posted by dknourek View Post
        looking good! I totally think once you get the loop finalized, adding some red to the loop might kick it up a notch
        Thanks mang! I'm leaning the same way too. The clear fluid seems to kind of detract from the overall aesthetic so, its gonna end up turning red. Just need to order some suitable dye.

Well I Couldn't sleep last night with this big thing all connected and waiting to be turned on so at about 4am I decided it was time to boot, and "make this battlestation fully operational" heh.

To the bios we journey!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20191013_000737.jpg Views:	0 Size:	84.4 KB ID:	88679

Obviously rainbow isnt a very "Galactic Empire" colour scheme... so this needs adjusting!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20191013_000758.jpg Views:	0 Size:	59.5 KB ID:	88680 Click image for larger version  Name:	20191013_014709.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.8 KB ID:	88681

Playing with some colours for the fans, likely just gonna go with red as it seems to work the best! With white on the bottoms to illuminate the side panels.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20191013_013753.jpg Views:	0 Size:	57.5 KB ID:	88682

And a nice semi glam shot of the whole thing so far! Still missing most of the custom bits. Little millennium falcon making its attack run from the top of the reservoir!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20191013_015440.jpg Views:	0 Size:	38.7 KB ID:	88683
        I need to drain the CPU loop and turn my flow meter around cause I put it on backwards by accident. But they are working great so far!

Comment

Nice Build. Always love your work. You inspire me to look out for new products to try. I wouldn't have checked out that Optimus came out with an AM4 CPU block. After using them, I am now thinking about shifting the GPU waterblock over to them for the 3080TI myself now.

I was going to use the same black nickel heatkiller CPU block. After installing the Optimus and doing testing, I am going to use the Optimus. It performs as well or slightly better as aquacomputer kryos next, looks nice for my build and its one of the few AM4 blocks that can do goofy layout. The goofy layout turned out to better for my loop planning. I intend to do an parallel loop.

Comment

Looking great. That all red glow is awesome

Was the falcon captured or are they doing some sneaking infiltration there

It looks great though. Loving this build.

Comment

Originally posted by section31 View Post
              Nice Build. Always love your work. You inspire me to look out for new products to try. I wouldn't have checked out that Optimus came out with an AM4 CPU block. After using them, I am now thinking about shifting the GPU waterblock over to them for the 3080TI myself now.

I was going to use the same black nickel heatkiller CPU block. After installing the Optimus and doing testing, I am going to use the Optimus. It performs as well or slightly better as aquacomputer kryos next, looks nice for my build and its one of the few AM4 blocks that can do goofy layout. The goofy layout turned out to better for my loop planning. I intend to do an parallel loop.
              Thank you! Always happy to inspire heh

Originally posted by SystemTech View Post
              Looking great. That all red glow is awesome

Was the falcon captured or are they doing some sneaking infiltration there

It looks great though. Loving this build.
              Thanks! The Falcon was pulled in by the tractor beam! They're in for a rough escape! Heh

I just picked up a fun little ornament to sit inside when everything is finished!

gonna be finishing the floor plates this week with paint, then I need to figure out standoffs for them. Since i Dont have a lathe yet its gonna be difficult to make standoffs the way I want them, plus they're gonna be entirely hidden so I may use some small L brackets doubled up to make U shapes if I cant figure out something else suitable.

Comment

Keep up the great work K! You need to make your standoffs exclusively by manipulating the material with the force...

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder View Post
                  Keep up the great work K! You need to make your standoffs exclusively by manipulating the material with the force...
                  Thanks mang! I've totally been trying, not gonna lie. Definitely did some "teras kasi meditation" yesterday before finishing my other side panel

Speaking of! Here's a few shots of yesterday's work, just a duplicate of the other side panel, BUT THIS TIME WITH PROPER FAN SPACING!! YAAAAY.

It's currently hanging to dry in my garage after paint. Tomorrow itll be assembled and then I'll install both panels and the bottom floor plate! Then over the next week Im gonna be a bit AFK starting school again November 5th. So I want to focus on my first week of class. Then its finishing touches and photography time!!

buzz buzz buzz goes the endmill!
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	20191023_153057.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.6 KB ID:	88791

Laid in place on the acrylic mid pieces!
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	20191025_165141.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.1 KB ID:	88792

After a quick trim sandwiched between both sheets of aluminum!
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	20191025_165156.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.6 KB ID:	88793

Aaaand after being base coated, another touch of the Dark Side, with some satin finish canyon black paint!
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	20191026_110216.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.6 KB ID:	88794

It's a bit more of the same from earlier this month, but each piece is a huge step in and of itself so I like to show you all what goes into it!

Comment

Holy crap dude, this looks amazing! I wanna see this beast on a scale. This looks like one of those rigs you need to build in the spot that it's used in, since it will be too heavy to move once you're done, LOL!

Comment

The new panels look sick! Cant wait to see them installed!

Comment

Originally posted by dknourek View Post
                        The new panels look sick! Cant wait to see them installed!
                        Thank you

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
                        Holy crap dude, this looks amazing! I wanna see this beast on a scale. This looks like one of those rigs you need to build in the spot that it's used in, since it will be too heavy to move once you're done, LOL!
                        Thanks mang!

I'm gonna have to get it weighed for sure. Presently, without the panels, its pushing the 75lb mark I'm sure. Then with all the metal I'm about to add in, I'm gonna assume it should be damn near 100lbs if not more. It's definitely being assembled in place. It sits on it's own small coffee table haha.

I'm terrified to try and move it lol. I'd pretty much need a gurney from a hospital with a lift on it.

One huge upside.... AINT NOBODY stealing this thing from my house without some serious effort.

Tomorrow I'm installing the floor panel, then I'll be finishing the little touches and second floor panel on Tuesday and installing the remaining touches for photos, then its first week of school, installing the new spindle on the machine, and giving the case feet a shot finally with more suitable tools!

Comment

Maybe instead of the coffee table, you could set it on a treadmill

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder View Post
                            Maybe instead of the coffee table, you could set it on a treadmill
                            Two or three treadmills and you've got a conveyor belt to move it from one place to the other.

All joking aside, I bought one of those cheap Ikea desk drawer units that are so popular and then built a tough base it sits on with roughly 2.5" castor wheels under it that have a nice wide tread and can swivel 360°. Ive built a couple of my bigger builds on it as they were like yours, hitting 80lbs plus so that I can spin the unit around to get at whatever side I need and i have drawers to access any tools or parts for assembly or disassembly. Or for ones that I can still manage to move on my own, I build on my bench which is a little higher and then carefully move it to the drawer unit to move it to another place in my office/shop or to a separate area to get ready for shipping. I also stuck a switch on the side for my Hue Lights in my office and the remote for my Air conditioner

Name:	IMG_8041.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	88831

-dave

Comment

A wee update!! First Floor plate installed! Propped up on some risers from my old Z axis I removed from the shapeoko! Lol REALLY putting my machine into this build!

Also added in a bit more front panel flare, took the nameplate from the titan and attached it to the opposing side to the power led.

Emperor Palpatine will sit on the second floor when it's in, with the red HDD light behind the imperial fan shroud from the titan flickering away!

Have a few wires to lengthen as well, small shroud pieces to hide some wiring, and the red dye to add to the reservoirs!

Here's a few shots of the full progress so far and the new addition to the front!

Name:	20191028_170444.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	88860 Click image for larger version

Name:	20191028_170508.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	88861

Name:	20191028_173601.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	88862

Had to drain the CPU loop to get the floor plate in!

Name:	20191028_161519.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	88864

My pride and joy so far of this mod! My side panels both complete and chillin together!

Name:	20191027_150639.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	88863

Comment

Looking fantastic. Side panels really look great.
                                Coming along nicely here

Comment

Working...
                                X