Two Rigs One Chassis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Rigs One Chassis

So I ended up being able to build two new Ryzen 3000 builds this year. One will be my main PC at home and the other will be my PC at work. Still working out all the details but confirmed parts are :

(Home/Office)
    - Ryzen 3900X (with Heatkiller CPU Block IV- Temporary)/Ryzen 3700X(will use current CPU block on 3900X)
    - Asus X570 Hero VIII/Asus X570 Tuf
    - 32GB DDR4 Ram for both (Gskill Trident Z RGB and Gskill Trident Z Neo)
    - 2 x 1TB NVME (960Pro and SN750)/2x 500GB (970Evo Plus and WD Black)
    - RTX2080TI (with existing heatkiller GPU block)/RTX2060(aircooled)

Case : Lianli PC-011XL with vertical mount (will paint Pink)
    PSU: Existing EVGA G3 1000 or Seasonic Prime Titanium(considering)
    Cables: Existing MDPC-X Set or New Updated MDPC-X (Seasonic) - Thinking Combo of Pink, Carbon Blue, Shade 19, Carbon White.
    Water Cooling (TBD based on what fits best for my setup in LianLi PC-011XL)
    Current Parts (from existing caselabs s8): 2 x Aquacomputer D5 Next, 1 x Aquereo 6LT, 1 x HWL 360GT, 1 x HWL360GTX, Bitspower 10mm PEGT Tubing and various fittings, 8 x A12x25 and 4 x Lian Li Bora Premium, Barrowsch Flow Meter,

Newly Ordered Parts(For Testing/Permanent Use so I don't need to take apart My S8 till I am certain PC-011XL is ready for transplant): 1 x 360mm HWL GTS360, 1 x 360mm HWL GTR360, 1 x Heatkiller Tube 200 D5, 1 x Aquacomputer D5 Next, 2 x Koolance QD3 (to allow for easy swapping for 2020 RTX3080TI) , Royal Blue Brass Tubing, Extra Adapters.

Any excess parts will go to the Work PC. Timeline to finish will be 2.5ish months compared to my normal quick timeframe. I got the 3900X running in my existing my X299 setup in my Caselabs S8. Posting up the existing caselabs S8 pics but this case was used as my entry in 2017 and its only been improved on over the last two years. I will be moving the hardware in the S8 over to the PC-011XL.
    Last edited by section31; 09-16-2019, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Great start, looking forward to your progress.
      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Update: Starting to receive parts. Case just came in. So time to plan out the build.

Finding it easier to build new with what i have spare atm (order new to supplement) and once i get working build than i swap the cpu,mobo, ram, vrm. Just have to adjust the S8 for taking its gtr rad (in exchange for an gts) , the aquereo 6 lt fan controller and the barrowsch flow meter. Also in process of selling the rtx2060 and getting an 5700xt with block in its place.

​​
        Last edited by section31; 09-21-2019, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Comment

Remaining Photo. Got some drilling work that needs to be done on heatkiller reservoir to make it fit on hardwarelabs radiator (side one)

Comment

Update: Slight Change in CPU Block. Going to try out Optmius Water Cooling AM4 block. Not many reviews out there but i read its better than even aquacomputer own block Also might endup doing cpu block testing using 3700X/Asus Tuf (will choice between it and nickel black heatkiller CPU block for 3900X/Hero VIII.
              Last edited by section31; 09-27-2019, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Finally Installed the reservoir/pump. Just missing one more HWL GTR360 so I can complete loop planning.
                Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for joining competition ! Looking forward all the uber parts.
                  Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                  Venom Build: Build Log,
                  Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                  Orange Build: Final Video
                  HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Very excited to see what comes of the new pc-011! Lian Li really fixed the issues from the v1!

Comment

Coming along nicely! I like the white. Have never built in a Lian Li

It will be interesting to see what you come up with for planning your loop, that drives me nuts sometimes!

Comment

Looks amazing. I still have to test it out but i feel heatkiler block is more heavier.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder View Post
                          Coming along nicely! I like the white. Have never built in a Lian Li

It will be interesting to see what you come up with for planning your loop, that drives me nuts sometimes!
                          White is nice but going pink/blue for it since my wife likes pink/blue. Loop planning is almost done but i have ordered way more extensions than need so i can do multiple alternatives.

Comment

That is wise! In last year's competition I assumed that something I planned for my loop would work out, but there wasn't really enough space, and no time to order more parts. I found a solution in the end, but it cost me quite a few hours to find a workaround. Enough that I just barely got the system up and running and crappy pics taken and posted just a few minutes before the deadline, without really putting finishing touches on it.

Nice that your wife takes an interest, mine doesn't care for hardware

Comment

Mine doesnt either just has opinion on the colors. Its something to symbolize us being together. Most important thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X