No announcement yet.

Maximus Prime 90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! O_O Seeing the map, one can appreciate how much thought you put in to this. Nice work!

Comment

MP90 V8
      CAMC
      Part 2/5
      140mm Fan switch

​​​​This update made me ask myself 10 times if I am willing to do it. Particularly because the easiest way to change them is still an hard work. A lot of part to remove. The three 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC-3000 are good but too loud for me. Also, the New Thermaltake Riing Trio 140mm are beautiful! Their light effect thru the Koolance radiator should be awesome!

As you can see, the removal process is not an easy thing! Thankfully, I can still use the PC with Loop 1 isolated like I explained in the last post.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20191019_143515.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.8 KB ID:	88805
      I just received the package, I am really excited! The box look very good too!
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20191026_172017.jpg Views:	0 Size:	60.2 KB ID:	88806
      And switch fan!
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20191025_204947.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.0 KB ID:	88807
      After several hours, i finally finished the remplacement. I am very happy of the result. The front look (left side) of the PC is awesome with the fan's light that goes thru the Koolance radiator.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20191026_201903.jpg Views:	0 Size:	33.1 KB ID:	88808
      The side of the build look very nice too! Those fan with their rings make this radiator configuration more aesthetic. I love it!
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20191026_202100.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.9 KB ID:	88809
      Last edited by C0LLARD; 11-22-2019, 01:43 AM. Reason: Final adjustments

Comment

Awesome update for an utterly incredible build!!

Comment

Ohh those fans look fantastic. I really do like them.
          mm thinking i might need some LED fans as all mine are plain boring fans haha.

Comment

Those fans are going to look awesome! I personally like them a lot too as they have close to the same lighting on them weather you are looking at the back or front of the fan. I would have all TT fans in my builds but I need more control over the fan curves and from what I can remember from the last time I had some installed there were just a couple pre-defined settings and it just didn't work for me in my situation. But in your build they look pretty awesome! and I still cant get over your tube runs and the planning that went in to them, pure genius in my book

-dave

Comment

Wow thank you guys! Your positive comments are really appreciated! The military life with 3 young kids do not left me a lot of free time and, for what I have left (no wife, no kid...I mean, FREE), I spent it to work on this modding project, despite of gaming and/or sleeping. Finding a good balance of everything is a daily fight. Good feedback like yours keep me motivated! Thank you again!

Comment

Originally posted by C0LLARD View Post
                Wow thank you guys! Your positive comments are really appreciated! The military life with 3 young kids do not left me a lot of free time and, for what I have left (no wife, no kid...I mean, FREE), I spent it to work on this modding project, despite of gaming and/or sleeping. Finding a good balance of everything is a daily fight. Good feedback like yours keep me motivated! Thank you again!
                Oh, I didn't realize you were in the military, or maybe I did but my memory is not that great sometimes. Regardless, Thank you for your service Sir. !
                I do feel your pain with having little time when you have your wife and kids there, its very hard to get away unless you work on the builds between 10pm and 4am, lol I know that one from experience. I also know all too well when they go away and you are alone, the house turns in to a computer and tech warehouse/build shop. Where you go hard core building and or fixing rigs with little to no sleep, barely noticing if the sun came up at all, drinking so much redbull or coffee that you can see noise, and also knowing cooking as a total waste of time that could be spent building, you order Skip the Dishes or pizza and have food or anything else you need delivered. Because these opportunities don't come around often, but when they do... Sleep is an inefficient use of time

Keep up the great work brother

Comment

Originally posted by dknourek View Post

I do feel your pain with having little time when you have your wife and kids there, its very hard to get away unless you work on the builds between 10pm and 4am, lol I know that one from experience. I also know all too well when they go away and you are alone, the house turns in to a computer and tech warehouse/build shop. Where you go hard core building and or fixing rigs with little to no sleep, barely noticing if the sun came up at all, drinking so much redbull or coffee that you can see noise, and also knowing cooking as a total waste of time that could be spent building, you order Skip the Dishes or pizza and have food or anything else you need delivered. Because these opportunities don't come around often, but when they do... Sleep is an inefficient use of time

Keep up the great work brother
                  This is the best description ever of what happened the last time my wife and kids gone to her parents an entire weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by C0LLARD View Post

This is the best description ever of what happened the last time my wife and kids gone to her parents an entire weekend.
                    LOL yea, thats pretty much what happened here when my boy went to my ex's and my wife to Vegas...

Comment

MP90 V8
                      CAMC
                      Part 3/5
                      Pump 2 upgrade & more tubes

After the TT Fan upgrade, I dismantled (again) the second barrow tank/pump combo (P2 in the map). The original one had a black top with fiber carbon on it and that trigger me because the look is not full symmetrical in the dark (or low light) room. I ordered a clear one.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	20191102_133322.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	88919

I am pretty satisfied with the result.

Name:	20191102_222641.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	88922

Because the LED end plug on the side of the top is pointing to us (mirror to the P1), the LED look more brilliant (to much light). I installed a power LED control on the molex.

Name:	20191102_200748.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	88923

I also cut two 90° tubes for the intake and outtake.

Name:	20191102_225223.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	88920

Name:	20191102_161431.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	88921

I feel better now ;-)

Comment

"We will never forget"

Name:	20191104_185200.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	88951

Comment

MP90 V8
                          CAMC
                          Part 1b/5
                          Bypass, loop & one way valves

This update is extra information for the part 1/5.

​​​​​​Valves are one of the essential parts who makes this complex water cooling system functional. There's three kind of valves; Loop valves, Bypass valves and One Way valve. The difference between them is the utility.

-Loop valves (V7, V8 and V9) are normally open and are used (closed), in major case, for maintenance purpose by isolating a loop from the others. Loop valves are all open in the default WC flow configuration.

-Bypass valves (V1, V2, V3, V4, V5 and V6) are used to redirect flow in another flow configuration. This is useful to clear trapped air, to do some maintenance in a loop without make the PC unserviceable, to do some experiments and, of course, for cooling optimization.

-The One Way valve do exactly what it should do; allow only one flow direction. Unfortunately, it have a noticable flow restriction.

For reference, here are the map/legend:

Last edited by C0LLARD; 11-22-2019, 01:55 PM. Reason: Final adjustments

Comment

It blows my mind every time I look at your build. In a good way lol. Its awesome

Comment

MP90 V8
                              CAMC
                              Part 4/5
                              Tubes alignment

This is not new to this version but because of how important the tubes alignment is to this build's design, I have to do a dedicated post about it in the V8 CAMC version.

This build is my first ever Watercooling project. I had to learn everything from scratch and I have to say, I admire anyone with a company that does watercooling builds for others. This is a passion, I perfectly understand that.

Everyone here, on this forum, are watercooling hard tubing build/mod artist and understand how 2mm to long on a tube can make an huge visual difference in the build. This 2mm to long, is also 2mm to short to cut it with a pipe cutter. I am sure everyone here understand this pain. I had to mesure and cut, cut and try, recut and retry, recut again and... for every tubes. It was very important for me to make them all perfectly (almost) aligned together no matter how much time I work on it. Many parts of the design was made to make all those tubes alignment possible. The multiway flow distributor assembly, the position of TEC2, the multiway (3) assy (close to the dual top and 240mm rad) and many other design concepts.
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	20191111_121810.jpg Views:	14 Size:	82.4 KB ID:	89014 Click image for larger version  Name:	20191111_121827.jpg Views:	14 Size:	88.3 KB ID:	89013
                              This is a lot of work and patience but the impressive result's worth it.
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	20191111_122159.jpg Views:	15 Size:	85.1 KB ID:	89015 Click image for larger version  Name:	20191111_121747.jpg Views:	15 Size:	98.5 KB ID:	89016 Click image for larger version  Name:	20191111_122038.jpg Views:	15 Size:	86.3 KB ID:	89017
                              Last edited by C0LLARD; 11-22-2019, 05:13 PM. Reason: Final adjustments

Comment

I am SO curious to see the flow rates on this creation! I've been sitting here trying to figure it out, but for the life of me I have no clue what's going on here lol. It looks incredibly striking though with all that aligned chrome!

Looking good man! awesome work!

Comment

Working...
                                X