Max-Overdrive 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SystemTech View Post

Did you try contacting them at the time. It sounds like something that they would be able to fix by sending you a replacement?
    That is very sad though none the less.
    Ok Im back, unless there is another emergency that pops up which seems to becoming a norm around my house lol.

Actually I did. I have sent 2 emails and left 2 reviews on their own site (and one accidental double post) on the block I bought and haven't heard a thing from them which is really disappointing. But chalking it off as a learning experience and unsure how much or if anything that I buy of theirs in the future, only time will tell but IMO its not worth getting worked up about it.

Anyway on with the show...

I got the block mounted after a little more frustration when realizing I couldn't use the factory ROG backplate and have to buy the Watercool one which I'm going to order soon hopefully as I need a number of other parts as well. Along with a G1/4-19 tap which is apparently not a very common one as I'm finding out and nobody local has anything like it

Adding a couple pics of the GPU block install, along with the idea I'm attempting which may or may not work lol. I'm taking my Barrow distrobution block and making a new top for it so I have one continuous back plate and incorporating it in to the motherboard mount as well, replacing the stock backplate in the TT Level 20 GT. **fingers crossed** lol

I took out the stock 12v RGB strip as I want to run DRGB in it, so I dropped in an Aquacomputer RGBpx strip, the one that has 30LED's in a strip about 27cm long and 5mm wide which fit pretty well in the channel that the original strip came out of. Since this thing has been such a pain in my butt, I might throw caution to the wind and router out the rest of the groove for the LED's and have the end of them come out the other side. Where IMO it should have come out in the first place
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7947.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	88586
    Stripped down the Strix 2080Ti and added the provided thermal pads

Name:	IMG_7948.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	88587
    New block is mounted, still debating if I want to polish it myself or cover it with a coloured vinyl or simulated metal vinyl or just paint it...

Name:	IMG_7957-edit.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	88588

So far so good, i drilled out all the holes for the main screws. I would take more pics but still have the masking tape on it and cant see the waterway mounted through it. Also this part is kinda on hold till I can get a Tap to make the holes for the fittings... Stay tuned...

Name:	IMG_7955-edit.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	88589

Comment

Are you by chance from Calgary? I have a g1/4 19tpi tap

Comment

Originally posted by Kaidis86 View Post
        Are you by chance from Calgary? I have a g1/4 19tpi tap
        I am in Calgary, where did you get the tap from? Oh do you know what size drill bit do you need for it?

Comment

Originally posted by dknourek View Post

I am in Calgary, where did you get the tap from? Oh do you know what size drill bit do you need for it?
          I got it from KMS tools up near memory Express southeast.

Mine is 18 NPT but I know it works with fittings as I've made water blocks and used it on them.

7/16 drill.

Comment

Oh cool beans! I just tried a tap I had here (had to pop out n buy a drill bit for it) and it seems to be working great. I drilled and tapped a small scrap piece of acrylic and then threaded an extension on to it and I can see the o-ring is sealing and pulled the fitting in all sorts of directions to see if it would budge and its holding tight My tap is a 1/2NF20 and a 29/64" drill bit lol

Name:	F00EA95C-53C6-4C81-9102-C9135E6D4A2E-3938-000004C82CCF6B39.JPG
Views:	261
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	88604

Comment

Thanks for the info Kaidis86 ! I might still have a look at KMS though. I assume yours is a metric tap then?

Comment

Name:	15706569619733308159846378112583.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	88610
                here's a photo of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaidis86 View Post

Name:	15706569619733308159846378112583.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	88610
                  here's a photo of mine.
                  Oh cool, I just found an 18NPT Tap and 7/16 drill bit at Lowe’s, going to see if I get a better seal on that one as it’s slightly smaller. Thanks a bunch for the help today, I always appreciate it

Comment

Just found out something interesting. I compared the original hole that i drilled with the 29/64 bit and tapped with the 1/2NF20 Tap and beside that I drilled a hole with the 7/16 drill bit and tapped with the 1/4-18NPT Tap and the first one is a fair bit smaller. I measured them with my caliper and the first is 11.5mm across and the second is 12.5mm across. I think Im going to keep moving forward with the original one as for me personally it seems to be working a little better. I took a quick photo to show the difference if anyone is curious

Name:	IMG_7960.JPG
Views:	266
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	88618

Comment

Well I'm finally back up and running. I was hoping to receive an order as Saturday am I saw the tracking on FedUp as out for delivery by 5pm and at 3pm it changed to Tuesday delivery as it was cleared after the truck left the facility... not sure how that works but its not the first time this has happened and I think the delivery driver just wanted to book off earlier for the weekend... Then while my main workstation is down, as that is the one that Im working on for the competition. Saturday evening I went to post an update on my backup workstation and it completely locked up. After all day Sunday and today troubleshooting that one, I concluded the AMD TR4 2990WX CPU has crapped out... thankfully I had an older AMD TR4 1920X CPU on the shelf that I could drop in but it seriously blows going from an AMD 2990WX 64 thread to a 1920X 24 thread

So unfortunately I haven't gotten much done on Max this weekend. *Fingers crossed* my luck somehow improves this week and I can get back on track on this build.

Cheers everyone.

Comment

Yeah, I had a delivery on the courier truck a couple of years ago. It didn't show because the driver couldn't find me... Had to pick it up at the depot. Dumbasses. A 10 year old could have found my place. Hope your stuff shows up soon.

Shame about the CPU. RMA? At least you had a fallback, hope it doesn't affect your work too much.

Comment

lovely pics dude!
                          Sponsors: Thermaltake, TTesports, Apacer

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009118150299

https://twitter.com/EZgunna82

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYK...nTKQoIX-sPI1UA

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/

http://community.thermaltake.com//

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder View Post
                            Yeah, I had a delivery on the courier truck a couple of years ago. It didn't show because the driver couldn't find me... Had to pick it up at the depot. Dumbasses. A 10 year old could have found my place. Hope your stuff shows up soon.

Shame about the CPU. RMA? At least you had a fallback, hope it doesn't affect your work too much.
                            Thanks brother, this kind of things with couriers happens a lot with me. My luck isnt the greatest when it comes to almost anything lol. Anyway the parts showed up but at the wrong address but I finally have them here

EZ's PC's Thank you

Comment

OK long overdue update...

The merging of the full plexi back plate in to the distro plate, Ill leave it as it went completely sideways and drawing up plan... I think I was on "plan H" at that moment...

The chaos had slowed down a touch, so I was excited to get back at my build and got the case completely stripped down.

Name:	IMG_8028.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	88815

So then I set the case aside Friday night and assembled the loop components together without any of the electronics to make sure all the waterblocks for CPU and GPU along with the distro plate, radiators and pump with soft tubing to make sure everything was water tight and not going to leak, leaving it run while away with family stuff. Fast forward to this morning (Sunday) and there is water all over my bench... SMH... I looked over every piece of the loop and couldn't for the life of me figure out where the water was coming from. Then I flipped over the distro plate and seen it...

Name:	IMG_8031.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	88816
                              The crack is nearly 4" long and on the side that has the channels cut out so its pretty much toast at this point. The only thing I can think of is there is a flaw in the acrylic as its origin is the inner edge thats cut out for the reservoir...

Zoomed in view:

Name:	IMG_8032-2.png
Views:	101
Size:	299.0 KB
ID:	88817

On to plan J I think it is now. Not sure what I'm going to do at the moment as a large part of the build centered on that unfortunately.

Off to sketch some possible alternate ideas.

-dave

Comment

That sucks! If the crack isn't visible until you turn it over, I wonder if you could temp fix it with acrylic cement (the kind that melts and fuses the edges) until you have the time/money to redo it? I once over tightened an EK Supremacy CPU block and cracked it, then used that fix while I waited for an EVO upgrade kit...

Name:	DSCN6090.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	88821

Comment

Working...
                                X