No announcement yet.

Max-Overdrive 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks very nice Dave! Normally I hate purple, but in this case (pun intended) it goes very well with the other colours.

I'll be continuing my build log elsewhere as well. I expect that Daz would be happy to move the thread for you. Perhaps touch base with him before you start something new?

Comment

Great looking purple, like it dark! Which liquid is that or did you a custom mix?
      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
      Venom Build: Build Log,
      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
      Orange Build: Final Video
      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
        Great looking purple, like it dark! Which liquid is that or did you a custom mix?
        Thanks Daz, That is a custom mix. I was trying to match the cable sleeving as closely as I could but this build took way more fluid than I expected and I had to dump in a little bit different one I mixed that was even darker. I might filter it and put it back in the build when I'm done the rebuild but I have a little stronger urge to mix up a completely new batch to match the sleeving. I'll see how I feel about it all when I get the rebuild done lol.

-dave

**edit** I do really like how it looks in the distro block though, Im working on a way to backlight that to highlight the fluid a little more

Comment

Can run white led strip along the edge.
          Sentinel Build: Build Log,
          Venom Build: Build Log,
          Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
          Orange Build: Final Video
          HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
            Can run white led strip along the edge.
            Yes I have white leds that can run the entire perimeter but was also considering something like a frosted or white acrylic panel on the backside that would be lit to have a more uniform glow. Or possibly still have a frosted acrylic backplate but also paint it so that only the fluid paths and reservoir section were lit up and the rest was blacked out and maybe replace the top or front plate on the distro plate and still keep it looking the same except etch in the Bitspower dragon so it would pick up the light and glow in the middle of the rez. lol too many ideas in my head at the moment and that is just on the res

I may or given past history, tear it down completely and start over. Thinking about it I would like to get rid of a few things, add others and mod the crap out of the absolute entire case ...

Comment

Working...
            X