Deus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deus

This will be my 2nd year, but I will be limited by time/funds unlike last year so this will be more of a challenge. I had a lot of fun last year and look forward to seeing everyone's hard work and great ideas. I will update this but for now here is the basis of the build.

One of my favorite games of all time is Deus Ex: Human Revolution then Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. I am going to be using inspiration from those games to put into my newest personal rig; Deus.

Components!

Case: NZXT H700i
    Motherboard: MSI X370 SLI Plus
    CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X, currently at 4.1GHz, will push this once the loop is done
    Ram: TeamGroup Delta RGB 16GB(4x4GB)
    GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW
    PSU: EVGA 850 BQ
    Storage: Intel 250GB m.2
    Storage 2: TeamGroup Delta RGB

Cooling Components:

Reservoir: Bitspower 250mm
    Pump: Thermaltake Pacific P1 Black D5 Pump
    Tubing: Darkside PETG 16mm OD
    Fittings: Mix of Thermaltake/Darkside
    Cpu Block: EK Supremacy Evo
    Flow meter: Thermaltake Pacific Flow Indicator
    Radiators: EK Coolstream SE 360
    Fans: NZXT AER RGB and/or Corsair SP/AF 120/140

Custom Pieces:

Custom acrylic back panel
    Custom top and front panel

I have to decide what cooling components I will be using but will just be doing a CPU loop this time around due to budgeting constraints. Will update the component list shortly.
    Last edited by bms97; 10-10-2019, 03:10 AM.

Welcome back

I hear you about budgeting constraints! Hopefully your time won't be too limited, as it's more about creativity and hard work (and having fun as you pointed out!). Last year I used a 5930k, soft tubing, and a couple of used swiftech universal GPU blocks (among other money savers) and still did ok.

Good luck, looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder View Post
      Welcome back

I hear you about budgeting constraints! Hopefully your time won't be too limited, as it's more about creativity and hard work (and having fun as you pointed out!). Last year I used a 5930k, soft tubing, and a couple of used swiftech universal GPU blocks (among other money savers) and still did ok.

Good luck, looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
      Thanks man! Bad time to be doing a basement reno lol. Either way I'll get something entered

Comment

A few shots of the case and some of the components before the teardown.

Click image for larger version  Name:	00000IMG_00000_BURST20190922220054299_COVER.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.9 KB ID:	88624 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190909_213851~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	54.9 KB ID:	88623

Comment

The start of a custom back panel. Original one was lost when the case was given to me(hence the price of free). Started as a piece of white acrylic and will be painting black with some custom paint design. Also had to make a custom panel mount.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190922_201938.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	88626

Comment

Started as silver fittings and black CPU plate. Testing some colors to see how they look.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_6721.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	88628
            Click image for larger version  Name:	00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190920225321087_COVER.jpg Views:	0 Size:	93.2 KB ID:	88629 Click image for larger version  Name:	00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190920224940627_COVER.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.0 KB ID:	88630

Comment

Well I've been on a pause as I've been trying to finish a basement reno so all of my modding stuff is put away in boxes. Hoping to finish the basement this weekend and get my ass in gear to at least get something built. It likely won't be anything special like I wanted but at this point I'd just be happy with a finished build. Hopefully more progress to come next week.

Comment

I feel you regarding the amount of modding time available. Life happens.
                I hope to see some progress this weekend as we all only have a few days left.

Comment

Won't get around to finishing but I'll still try and post something today.
                  Last edited by bms97; 11-23-2019, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Well just wasn't able to pull it all together in time. Got as far as some pieces painted, case disassembled and built a test bench along the way.

Thanks to all the judges, competitors and Daz for hosting this competition. Unfortunately it didn't go as planned this year.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191123_093914.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	89326

Comment

Atleast you came thru with some sort of finished project! All those PCBC slackers couldnt even bother entering!

Comment

I feel your pain! Good on you for getting something posted. Show us when you find the time to finish!

Comment

Sorry to see this not finished. Great candidate for BOTM!
                          Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                          Venom Build: Build Log,
                          Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                          Orange Build: Final Video
                          HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Working...
                          X