No announcement yet.

Sx4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the update! It has been a while since last time and was wondering if you had made any progress. This is the update i prefered so far even tho the other was as impressive as this one. I think you acheived the best job you could possibly do. Getting closer to the final product i can sense it lol. Cant wait!

Comment

Sx4
      The Foot
      One word about Gen project

This "decorative sticker" is my proudest achievement of the project. That was very important to me to do something positive an personal for my wife to stick on the glass foot.

I contacted almost all friends and family close to her to ask them to give me only one word about Gen. I received 60 words (59 without mine)! The idea was to create (with Canvas) a window sticker (from Vistaprint) with all those words and stick it on the foot. The words that was given by many people simply got bigger and every word have the initials close to it.

The Foot itself is 13" by 21" and the closest Vistaprint size is 20" by 30". Then, I created the design in vertical position using 20" by 30" and plan to cut it at 13" by 20". The lost space (17"x20") was filled with words that could be cut and paste on every windows in the house. Here's The Foot design:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	91231

The Foot with the sticker.

Name:	
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	91232

I think she will be touched.

Comment

Sx4
        The Mechanisms

The four coin mechanisms are part of another important element of the Sx4 concept; S​​​​​​on x 4. The idea is to modify each mechanism the way I can permanently stick a coin in the slot. Those four coins were made in the birth years of my boys: 2014, 2017, 2018 and 2020. The 2017 and 2020 one (with Caribou head on it) were hard to find because they are not in circulation, so, I bought them 2$ each.

The Mechanisms needed to be disassembled, modified and cleaned. The first mod was to remove the two fraud coin stopper:

Name:	
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	91245

The second mod was to remove (cut) the coin ejector pin. Then, I fixed the coins with superglue in a way that their year are in the 12 o'clock orientation.

Name:	
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	91244

The result is exactly what I expected; mechanisms work and the coins stay there.

Name:	
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	91246

I also modified the candy chute; I cut the side coin chute to gain more precious room in The Case, I also installed a small press button (power ON/OFF switch) in the side of one of them and I painted black their visible part (small lid outside The Case).

Name:	
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	91247

The last parts are the metal bridge (upper pictures) that hold the chutes and give more structural strength to The case. I sandblasted and painted them. The result of everything together is pretty good (lower pictures).

Name:	
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	91248

The real question is: how much time my kids will need to realize that Sx4 is an infinite free candy machine?

Comment

Loving it.
          Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
          OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
          Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Getting closer and closer!

Comment

Sx4
              The Flavour Tags

The plan is to replace the "USE QUARTER ONLY" sticker with a black plastic tag with the container's flavor according to the Sx4 concept; Sweet, Sour, S​​​​​alty & S​​​​​​picy

I found a cool textured surface black sheet of plastic in a dust corner of the garage and I copied the sticker's shape on it.

Name:	
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	91264

I made four of them and use a white pen to hand write the flavours.

Name:	
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	91265

Layers of double sided tape and voila!

Name:	
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	91266

Sx4!

Comment

Sx4
                The Case
                Build up!

Let's see if I can fit everything together.

First, I installed the switch and power plug. Then, the ground junction and the power supply modular board.

Name:	
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	91272

On the next pictures: The Protium ARGB ring, The Foot cable management cover mod (two pieces under The Monsta and another one in the back) and the last one shows the power+RGB+FAN cables along one of The Holders.

Name:	
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	91273 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	91274

Installation of The Salty (WC PSU container) and The Case pump (WCP Watercool Vario D5) manually adjustable via a small hole.

Name:	
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	91275

Those pictures show The Salty and The Spicy installed. There's also some tubes and fittings in the free space between The Protium and The Cover. Those are the links between the reservoir and the pressure release valve end plug (that goes up The Cover), the reservoir and the two pumps, The Sour pump and the GPU block IN, the GPU block OUT and the monoblock. The two PCI-E extensions connect together there too. This is a real fittings Tetris game. I also have to figure how to place and connect the fourth container (Barrow THDJ20-V1 was the solution).

Name:	
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	91276

As you can see, the working space available is really limited.

Comment

Dam that's a tight squeeze.
                  Fingers crossed it all fits in LOL.
                  Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                  OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                  Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Like we say in french.... "Malade!!!"
                    lol.

Comment

Sx4
                      The Caps

Three containers need something that seal their top. The last thing I want is a melting candy on The Mobo/GPU/PSU. I used the same plastic black sheet previously used for:

​​​​​​The Salty and Spicy.

Name:	
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	91289

The Sweet

Name:	
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	91290

I also made a square acrylic cap for the center.

Name:	
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	91291

Yes! Everything fit tight!

Name:	
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	91292

Name:	
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	91293

Put them all together was big puzzle.

Comment

Lol dont take me wrong, it's really impressive and will be really great once finished but, at the same time, will be such a pain in the (beep) to clean or to troubleshoot if something go wrong haha. I really hope everything will run fine. And i mean it!

Comment

Originally posted by Danny79-Qc View Post
                          will be such a pain in the (beep) to clean or to troubleshoot if something go wrong haha. I really hope everything will run fine. And i mean it!
                          Yes you are right. To reduce the need to clean the container I choose hard candy with "coating" who makes less dust. About the liquid (fill and flush) I will explain how in one of the next updates.

I have to say, it's actually running and my 6 year old son plays at Plants vs zombies GW2 when he comes in the garage and everything works perfectly for now. But yes, if something goes wrong with The WC PSU that will be a pain just to get there.

Comment

Haha for sure. And all those angled fittings, if 1 joint in a rotary 90° angled fitting fails = Catastrophe!! Just in my little loop with 10 90°, i had to replace two. But im the person with the shitiest luck in the world lol! Its really not what i want for you. I do wish you to have everything working perfectly on your first boot with no troubleshooting! Will be waiting on the next update.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny79-Qc View Post
                              Haha for sure. And all those angled fittings, if 1 joint in a rotary 90° angled fitting fails = Catastrophe!! Just in my little loop with 10 90°, i had to replace two. But im the person with the shitiest luck in the world lol! Its really not what i want for you. I do wish you to have everything working perfectly on your first boot with no troubleshooting! Will be waiting on the next update.
                              I probably got lucky with those fittings, I never got a leaking one and (I don't know if you took a look on MP90 from CAMC2019) my last build had a lot of them.

The next update will be The Cover and the update after that will be about coolant, filling and pressure test (I applied 10-15 PSI to the loop without any leak).

Comment

Yes i saw your steamwork like build with all the pumps, rads and the massive amount of fittings lol. Like i said its me who have bad luck. I'm sure Daz would agree with me haha. Even right now, EK has sent me a bunch of stop plugs and new style silver badges because a couple i received either were missing paint or the badges were scratched. I know it comes from manufacturing and Daz would never send something damaged. Helped me and my badluck so often i didnt want To bother again.

Happy your leak test was conclusive. Which tool are you using for it? Thé one from EK or aquacomputer?

Comment

Working...
                                X