• Thank you very much!

Here's a Snapshot just for you:

Click image for larger version

Name:	November_SnapShot.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	92400

Originally posted by Tefen View Post
    I love how you still kept the candy inside of it and the separate compartments.
    That was really important for me to keep the candy machine 100% functional.
    Last edited by C0LLARD; 11-20-2020, 04:35 PM. Reason: November Snapshot

Comment

• Great job! But you have the proportions wrong. This build is too sweet!

Comment

• Originally posted by C0LLARD View Post
        The liquid is the same mix used for MP90; deionized water that contains bittering agent with a small part of Hy-per Diesel additive on it.
        Out of curiosity, what made you choose Hy-per Diesel over Hy-per Lube? They don't list their ingredients, and their marketing page doesn't show a clear difference between the two. I've used Hy-per Lube for a few years, but the Diesel's pink colour definitely looks better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grinder View Post
          Great job! But you have the proportions wrong. This build is too sweet!
          That is a sweet comment!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20201230_154004.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.2 KB ID:	92956

Originally posted by Sir Meowric View Post

Out of curiosity, what made you choose Hy-per Diesel over Hy-per Lube? They don't list their ingredients, and their marketing page doesn't show a clear difference between the two. I've used Hy-per Lube for a few years, but the Diesel's pink colour definitely looks better.
          The first reason is the smells; the green one have a strong "prestone" odour. I was using the green one on the first MP90 versions and every time I made modifications on the loop (splash splash), the build smelled the old car for days, so I changed for the pink one. It run with this fluid mix for more than a year and half now and no sign of any issue.

The second reason is the pink colour. This is more appropriate for a candy machine mod. The only thing that seems to "degrade" over time is the pink colour; the liquid tends to become less "pink" and more like pure water after few months.

There is one Sx4 picture on his natural habitat. I put it in the corner under the TV in the play room. This is the safest spot; protected by the original candy machine and a leather chair (removed for the picture). This way the kids can't make the build dangerously fall on the floor.

Name:	Gen.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	92958

Thank you
          Last edited by C0LLARD; 12-31-2020, 12:04 AM.

Comment

• Sx4
            In extremis pictures

I know I already post a ton of pictures and I don't want to "spam" to much of them into my own buil log, but I think this is a good idea to ad those one to the show.

I love that one:

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	92775

All four sides:

Name:	
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	92776

Name:	
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	92777

Name:	
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	92778

Name:	
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	92779

Happy holidays everyone!

Comment

• Sx4
              Conclusion

First of all, I want to say thank you DazMode , this forum and this annual event gave me the passion for modding. When I won the third place with MP90 last year, it give me the motivation to do better. I started the Sx4 log soon after the beginning of the year and that was important for me to complete this project before August (wife birthday). That was such an adventure to do that in time and I learned a lot in the process.

In September the contest rules had a big change and I believe it is for the best (and the survival) of this unique competition in Canada. Like Daz said, the fack that I am not sponsored did not change the creativity and the quality of the build. In a certain way, being not sponsored helped my creativity. This big change to the rules gave the chance to many sponsored modders to enter and this is really good for the visibility.

I also want to say thank you to every judge for taking the time to read and rate every build log.

May be I will come back for 2021.
              ​​​​​​

​​​​​​Carl Collard

Comment

• The very growth of this competition is what will help modding in canada grow! With more insanely talented modders like yourself coming out of the shadows, its only a matter of time before Canada starts getting more recognition. I truly believe this will help more people obtain sponsorship if they do so feel the want to seek it.
                Being a sponsored modder definitely has its perks(obviously) but does come at a time cost that some people just cant afford.
                And not being tied down to agreements, brand loyalty, and freedom from deadlines is a massive plus.

This was an absolutely fantastic project C0LLARD and I look forward to seeing what you create for 2021

Comment

• This is an amazing mod! Sometimes I start thinking, that there is nothing left and I saw it all... and then something like this coming along. Glad to be proven wrong again and again. Fantastic work.
                  Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                  Venom Build: Build Log,
                  Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                  Orange Build: Final Video
                  HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

• Very thorough attention to the small details and overall execution! I was particularly impressed with the PSU surgery, I have always avoided PSU mods and you knocked it out of the park.

EDIT: going to try a PSU mod in the future, very inspired.
                    Last edited by Seaplan3papi; 01-07-2021, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• That is very cool, and original! Never seen something like this. Congratulations
                      Orange Horizon (Parvum Systems S2, i5-4690K, GTX 780TI, 16GB CL9, 500GB, Custom Loop)

Comment

• Congrats
                        Hugues P
                        nothing else...

Comment

• Congratulations on your win Collard. Your build log was just as exceptional as your build. I’m pretty sure that your family will love Sx4 for many many years. I can hear it now. “ Hey do you want to see something really neat. Yeah, my Granddad built this back in the twenties.” “No way!” “ Yes way!” That’s right, people will still talk like that in the fifties
                          The SLOB : A 3570K Build
                          Down & Out : A 2600K Build
                          V-353 : A 4770K Build

Comment

• ​ Wow that is awesome! Thank you very much everyone! It was an honor to share the Sx4 construction here. Winning this contest means a lot for me. I discovered a real passion where I can express my creativity in modding here, big thank you Daz for that.

Originally posted by Tpbmods View Post
                            This was an absolutely fantastic project C0LLARD and I look forward to seeing what you create for 2021
                            Thanks Kevin! It is confirmed for 2021, my wife gave me the OK to build another one. I am currently buying parts for and the build is in brainstorming creation process in my head.

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                            This is an amazing mod! Sometimes I start thinking, that there is nothing left and I saw it all... and then something like this coming along. Glad to be proven wrong again and again. Fantastic work.​​​
                            I am really happy that Sx4 made this effect on you! This impression on you looks to be something pretty hard to accomplish. I will take is as an official Daz achievement.

I don't know if the 2021 project will be as impressive, the bar is now pretty high.

Originally posted by Seaplan3papi View Post
                            I was particularly impressed with the PSU surgery, I have always avoided PSU mods and you knocked it out of the park.
                            Thank you Seaplan! This part of the project was by far the most complex and difficult. I don't know if I will ever do PSU surgery again. That took me forever to build this section.

Originally posted by easynator View Post
                            That is very cool, and original! Never seen something like this. Congratulations
                            Thank you easynator! Spoiler alert: my next build will introduce two "never seen before" exclusive interesting custom watercooling elements on it. I can't wait to start building!
                            ​​​​​​​
                            Originally posted by wattermain View Post
                            Congratulations on your win Collard. Your build log was just as exceptional as your build. I’m pretty sure that your family will love Sx4 for many many years. I can hear it now. “ Hey do you want to see something really neat. Yeah, my Granddad built this back in the twenties.” “No way!” “ Yes way!” That’s right, people will still talk like that in the fifties
                            Thank you very much wattermain! Your comment is really funny, It made me dream about this moment in the fifties where I will be grand father and I suddenly felt old. Hahaha it made me laugh. You also said something pretty important about how my sons and grand childrens will be proud of me (for everything I created including them). I love to think this way. I also hope that Sx4 will got some hardware update until then.

Comment

Working...
                            X