Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sx4
    The Monsta

This update is very interesting, an important watercooling part is integrated to the build: Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480mm.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	62.5 KB ID:	90346

I bought it for 100$ from a friend and the rad condition is really good. I think I made a good deal considering this part is sold new more than 300$!

The Monsta is mounted on The leg's angle iron frame and I am really happy, every holes fit perfectly!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	78.8 KB ID:	90347

The leg is back again on his foot and the four threaded holes still fit perfectly! I am very satisfied of the result, I love the look! This concept is awesome!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	69.5 KB ID:	90348

And the look is even better with the look of those EKWB Vardar evo RGB 120ER! Thank you DazMode and EKWB for those fan! I ordered them with the EKWB credit I won last year on the CAMC 2019.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	90350
    Last edited by C0LLARD; 03-12-2020, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Sx4
      The holders

Those parts are literally like their name, they hold The case. Made from brass and galvanized iron plumber parts, I choose to use that because their threads fit (not perfectly but just enough) in the four G1/4 side holes on The Monsta and they are way less expensive than watercooling part like Barrow. Also, they are really strong, tight (no swivel part like Barrow 90°) and, after all, they do not look too bad.

The four holder's fittings end, that hold The case, have screw (with bolt) thru them. Those screws are long enough to be fixed with another bolts inside The case.

Name:	
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	90353

The other end of The holders, that screw on The monsta, need to be sealed. I filled them with epoxy.

Name:	
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	90354

They are now almost done. They just need to be adjusted to have all the exact same length.

Name:	
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	90355

Final step: cleaning, primer and paint.

Name:	
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	90356

Everything looks great! They are now screw in the rad with Teflon tape in their threads to reduce the leaking risk.

Name:	
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	90357

Comment

Sx4
        The Protium

This beautiful reservoir is the final part of the stand. It is like we often say in french "la cerise sur le sundae" in the positive way of the expression.

​​​​​​I would like to say thank you to Singularity Computer and DazMode for this impressive 250mm reservoir. I received It with winner's prices after the CAMC 2019 and this one was big surprise for me. I never expected this level of quality from a reservoir.

I reserved the best spot on Sx4 just for it; the center. Mounted on the top of The Monsta and surrounded by The holders, The Protium will be half inside and half outside The case.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	102.8 KB ID:	90362

The fitings I used to attach it to the rad are 2x 30mm male-female extension, 2x 15mm offset and 2x 21mm male-male extension. They were around 3mm off but I was able to fit it anyway. This is why they have a small angle, the look is not perfect but they should not leak.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	58.5 KB ID:	90361

The next pictures show the output pass thru link for the radiator. I used a chrome plated 14mm tube with 2 Barrow fittings for now. Maybe in the future, I will put an acrylic one just for the look and the lower thermal conductivity between the liquid inside the output tube and The Protium.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	102.0 KB ID:	90363

The stand is now almost completed. I will only have to add another four Vardar RGB and make the cable management to feed them all.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	90.8 KB ID:	90364
        Last edited by C0LLARD; 03-20-2020, 03:31 PM.

Comment

That is a very original reservoir setup you have going on there.
          Very interesting build log.
          Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
          OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
          Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
            That is a very original reservoir setup you have going on there.
            Very interesting build log.
            Thank you! I will try to keep it that way (interesting build log).

Actually, the project is on pause during the COVID-19 quarantine. I have enough pictures in backup to do another one or two updates. Me, my pregnant wife and my 3 boys are home 24/7. Ironically I do not have enough time and energy to work on Sx4. This is in this time that we perfectly understand how busy is to be mother at home.

I hope everyone here (DazMode and Moding community) and their family, are safe from this virus.

Comment

Sx4
              The Case

The metal chassis of the Vendesing Mfg. is made of five bend formed steel sheet spot welded together (four corners on the base). After the sand blast and first primer, I made some holes on it:

- One hole for the power on push button.
              - Two rectangular Holes for the FAN+RGB cables.
              - Three holes for the vario D5 pump (two on the side + one on the bottom for the manual adjustments).
              - Four holes for the stand's Holders screw.
              - Five holes for the PSU modular connection board.
              - And a form shaped hole for the AC input and switch.

Name:	
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	90393 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	90394

Now the primer, paint and clear.

Name:	
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	90395

The Holders and The Protium fit perfectly on The Case. I used a new toilet rubber seal to fill the gap between the reservoir and the chassis.

Name:	
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	90396

I think (I hope) I didn't miss one hole...
              Last edited by C0LLARD; 03-23-2020, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Sx4
                The Sour

The perfect sour candy are those Nerds. I will mix a lot of different flavors and color to make a sour rainbow unicorn inside this container.

The Sour container is also the one with the PWM D5 pump mounted in a Bitspower Top and cover kit with a freezemod flow meter on it.

The back of the acrylic container got some holes:

- One small for the PWM and power cable.
                - Two large for the flow IN and OUT.
                - Four small for the mounting bracket screws.

The pump I got was defective (one cable had a bad solder inside), I had to fix it before continuing.

Name:	
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	91257

Here are the pictures of the first completed side of Sx4:
                Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	64.3 KB ID:	90399 Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	70.4 KB ID:	90398

The Nerds are not there yet because all four containers will be filled soon the project is completed.
                Last edited by C0LLARD; 07-17-2020, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Sx4
                  The Mobo

As you guessed with The Sour update, the PC parts will fit in all four Sx4 containers.

The main problem with this design is heat. There will have zero air circulation inside each compartment. Happily, watercooling will help and for that, VRM should be covered with monoblock.

The second problem is, of course, the available space. The only motherboard size that could fits on it is the mini ITX. According to the research I made, there are two mini ITX mobo with monoblock compatible; Asus ROG STRIX Z370-i and Z390-i.

I chose to buy the Z390-i but the price is pretty high (around 300$), so, I found a defective one (bend socket pins) on ebay and I made the gambling to fix it.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	115.4 KB ID:	90416
                  With the microscope help, I made my best to bring them back.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	138.1 KB ID:	90419
                  To test it, I had to complete the PC with a new i5 9600kf + pair of T-Force (8gb 3000mhz) + m.2 SSD Samsung 970 EVO 1TB + EK Momentum monoblock + Zotac 1070ti mini + 360 rad + D5 pump reservoir + old redneck case.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	98.5 KB ID:	90418 Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	93.0 KB ID:	90417

Then, I installed Windows with Steam + Oculus and I played Half Life: Alyx, Farcry 5, 3d Mark, The Walking dead: Saints and Sinners without any problem. I am really happy!
                  Last edited by C0LLARD; 12-25-2020, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Bent pin mod! well done
                    HAF932 Mods
                    C70 Mods

Comment

Nice job fixing that socket. Just wondering, how is the voltages when enabling xmp? Im asking because i have to fix alot of bent pins like that for my clients. Lets say 75% of my repair contracts are for fixing this kind of beginner accident. And 75% of the time i get voltage issues when enabling xmp or trying to oc the ram/cpu.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny79-Qc View Post
                        Nice job fixing that socket. Just wondering, how is the voltages when enabling xmp? Im asking because i have to fix alot of bent pins like that for my clients. Lets say 75% of my repair contracts are for fixing this kind of beginner accident. And 75% of the time i get voltage issues when enabling xmp or trying to oc the ram/cpu.
                        This is a good question, I didn't OC the CPU during the test. XMP was activated but didn't took notes of the voltage. I am working now on the mobo container and it is not possible to do anothers tests until I finish this section. I will get back to you with these information soon I test it.

Here is a snapshot of my works with the section:

Name:	
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	90574

Comment

I fixed a maximus xi hero recently. It had almost half the socket with bent pins. I fixed it but sadly it has this issue and when i enable xmp, ram voltage goes up to 1.4/1.45 and vccio goes up to 1.35 along with cpu system agent. Doing this even when i'm trying to set ram timings manualy. It just overides it on reboot. Hope you dont get the same problem. If you dont plan on overclocking, it should not be a problem though. Anyways, let's return on to the subject.. You're putting alot of work into that build. Definatelly very unique. Cant wait to see the final results. Keep posting pics of the progress you make!

Comment

Sx4
                            The Spicy

This container is the one with The Mobo inside. This is the one to be The Spicy because those anis black ball candy will look very good with.

The Spicy section was not easy, the container was originally 4-5mm to small; I had to modify the acrylic container by precisely doing two angled slots for each side of the board. That was my best idea to make sure the board could fit on it. In addition, those slots are holding The Mobo really well. I also made an acrylic backplate to protect the back of the board from the candy's attack (chemical).

Name:	
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	90617 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	90619
                            Let's see if The Mobo fits in...

Name:	
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	90618
                            And now let's see if The Mobo with all the connections on fits in...

Name:	
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	90621
                            Finally, the modified (with two holes for the cables) distributor end of the container also fit perfectly:

Name:	
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	90620

Here is the part list:

------- Computer parts -------
                            - ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-i (painted white by the last owner)
                            - Intel i5 9600KF
                            - 1TB Samsung 970 EVO nvme SSD
                            - 1 SATA cable
                            - 2 Charcoal power extensions (24 pins + 8 pins)
                            - 2 black RGB extensions (5V + 12V)
                            - Charcoal FAN extension
                            - 600mm Phanteks premium shielded riser cable
                            - Power switch/Power LED/HDD LED extension

------- Watercooling parts -------
                            - EKWB Momentum monobloc
                            - 2 Barrow 90°
                            - 2 Barrow 90° swivel
                            - 4 Barrow soft fittings 3/8-1/2
                            - 2 Barrow soft tube 3/8-1/2
                            - 1 Barrow 10mm extender
                            - 1 Barrow 15mm extender
                            ​​​​​​​- 1 Barrow 30mm extender
                            ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​- 1 Barrow 40mm extender

Comment

Originally posted by Danny79-Qc View Post
                              I fixed a maximus xi hero recently. It had almost half the socket with bent pins. I fixed it but sadly it has this issue and when i enable xmp, ram voltage goes up to 1.4/1.45 and vccio goes up to 1.35 along with cpu system agent. Doing this even when i'm trying to set ram timings manualy. It just overides it on reboot. Hope you dont get the same problem. If you dont plan on overclocking, it should not be a problem though.
                              I tested The Mobo after I completed The Spicy. I used the loop 2 from MP90 to watercool the EKWB Momentum Z390i.

Name:	
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	90632
                              I overlooked it to 5ghz at 1.35v and let run Prime95 for around 3h without any problem.

Name:	
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	90633
                              ​​​​​​​ I don't know if it's the best way to test it? Do you have another suggestions about how to test a bend pin mod OC stability?

Comment

Not really. You set xmp and overclock your cpu in the bios. Save and restart. Go back in the bios when it's booting and look at the vccio, system agent and ram voltages. If they show correctly, you are fine. Nice job fixing it really. Maybe i should send you mines lol!

Comment

Working...
                                X