Sx4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danny79-Qc View Post
    Which tool are you using for it? Thé one from EK or aquacomputer?
    A tool made for a way different purposes that I converted for Sx4. You will really like this special tools described in two updates.

Comment

Sx4
      The Cover

Like a skyscraper building that end up on the roof, The Cover is the last part to be assembled.

I needed to be very precise in the holes mesures (+-1mm). I cut them with zipcut grainder and hand metal saw. I finished with metal file.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	91302

Then, I applied 2x primer, 2x paint and 2x clear coating. The textured surface is the result of a primer layer on high heat (under the sun).

Name:	
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	91303

Everything fit perfectly

Name:	
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	91304

Name:	
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	91305

Skyscraper antennas!

Name:	
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	91306

I am so happy of the result!

Comment

I would be happy too and im sure others would be the same. Great job!

Comment

Wow turned out amazing!

A super great build.
          Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
          OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
          Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Sx4
            The Coolant

Filling this loop by gravity is near impossible (no reservoir on the pumps). A lot of air are trapped inside every WC parts and both pumps have to much air to deal with. I had to plan an efficient and easy way to fill it. Here comes this special tool; a pressured water fire extinguisher.

This is pretty simple:
            - G1/4 male male variable extender (it's an easy plug/unplug) in the hose end
            - Fill the tank (+-1/4) with liquid
            - Pressurize (10-15 psi) and it is ready to fill the loop.

The liquid is the same mix used for MP90; deionized water that contains bittering agent with a small part of Hy-per Diesel additive on it. This liquid is really good. My last build run with it for more than a year and everything looks same than first week; no corrosion, no deposit, no color change, nothing bad ever happen.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	56.8 KB ID:	91310

I forgot to take pictures while I was filling the loop but I think the explanation will be enough.

The best way to fill Sx4 loop is by fallowing this three steps:

1- Doing an obstruction in one of the two waterways in the bottom of The Protium (the one that connects the reservoir to the radiator). To do that, I cut a piece of hot glue stick (+-3/4"), then, I shaped the end (ensure the best sealing possible) and inserted it in the hole before put back the end plug. This obstruction force the liquid (who comes pressured from the extinguisher via the bottom valve) to go through The Sour > The Sweet > The Spicy > the case pump > The Salty > The Protium and finally, The Cover end.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	46.7 KB ID:	91311 Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	76.2 KB ID:	91312

2- Linking the extinguisher to the bottom valve and another tube from The Cover end to a dump bottle, then fill the system.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	47.0 KB ID:	91313
            2.1- The pressure test is pretty aggressive, I put an end plug on The Cover end, pressured back the extinguisher to 10-15 PSI and use some tape to hold the handle. I left it under pressure few hours. I didn't found any leaks, so, I told myself that if there is no leak at 10-15 PSI, the risk of leak under pump pressure is way lower.

3- After removing the obstruction and the tubes, I put Sx4 on the side (to help to get rid of the remaining trapped air) and turned it ON. I set up the Vario pump at full speed for around 30 min to flush the maximum air from the system.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	141.0 KB ID:	91314

After doing all this procedure, Sx4 came back on his foot. I filled the small gap in the reservoir (filled by the top this time) with the EKWB 1 liter bottle.

​​​​​​
            ​​​​​​​I use turn the build ON each time I go in the garage and everything seems to work perfectly. The next step is to fill the containers with candy.
            Last edited by C0LLARD; 07-29-2020, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Comment

Hahaha thank you!

My wife birthday is next weekend, I am waiting the day before to move Sx4 in the house and fill it with candy.

Yesterday, I polished the external side of the containers with a car headlight renewal kit. Honestly, I was expecting a better result, this thing is not miraculous. This is better than before but not much, scratches are still there.

Name:	
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	91350 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	91351

Next step: candy

Comment

Sx4
                  Candy Time

In respect to the main theme and the name, Sx4 (S​​​​​​weet, S​​​​​​alty, S​​​​​​picy and S​​​​​​our), I had to choose four kinds of candy that meets those basic flavours. In addition, the candy must be hard (soft candy like gummies could get stuck in the containers), must be dust free and must not melt under 35°C.

This is what I bought (except for the salty liquorice bags; gift from Rie).

The Sweet is filled with mixed fruit:

Name:	
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	91399

The Salty received his Danish salty liquorice:
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	88.7 KB ID:	91394

The Spicy have a mix of black anis and silver cola balls:

Name:	
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	91398

The Sour got Nerds layers:
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	70.1 KB ID:	91396

This is an ultimate candy machine:
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	70.0 KB ID:	91397

I can't wait to see the face of my wife!
                  Last edited by C0LLARD; 08-09-2020, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Wow, that has turned out great!
                    Awesome work. this build sets the bar pretty damn high.
                    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Very nice. I dont want to say anything negative. But i would maybe just add some kind of little air vent on top to let the heat exit from in there. At least a couple tiny holes over the MB and GPU. But it's really a great job. It's deff getting out of the usual stuff lol.

Comment

Thank you very much Hooded and Danny!

I would maybe just add some kind of little air vent on top to let the heat exit from in there. At least a couple tiny holes over the MB and GPU.
                        The cover have a dome like shape. That makes a small gap (around 3mm). This is more than enough to evacuate the little air heat generated wherever outside the watercooling system.

Name:	
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	91406 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	91407 ​​​​​​​

Thank you anyway for the advice.

Comment

Heh. I just hope you didn't take it badly. It's always eaiser to think about those little things when it's not our own build. For me at least. I know my build is no where near the perfection and i should focus more on my own work than others. I sure hope the little space will be enough. In a case where it would not, it would not look bad to make just a couple slots with a filter inside the top. If you say you will be fine then everythings fine hehe!

Comment

Heh. I just hope you didn't take it badly.
                            No worry, this is an advice not a criticism. I am always open for that.

Originally posted by Danny79-Qc;n91408I
                            sure hope the little space will be enough. In a case where it would not, it would not look bad to make just a couple slots with a filter inside the top. If you say you will be fine then everythings fine hehe!
                            Actually, the build was given to my wife last weekend. Sx4 is theoretically finished. I do not want to work anything else on it anymore, except for repair or maintenance. I think you know well Murphy?

Comment

Haha i bet. You put a lot of work, time and effort in that present for your wife! How did she react?

Comment

Sx4
                                The Gift

The build is now full of candy and almost ready for her birthday. Last thing; test the PC again.

Name:	
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	91415

Everything works perfectly. Time to cover it for tomorrow (by the time of the pictures last week, it was the evening before her birthday).

Name:	
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	91417

She is really happy and impressed by the candy machine and kids ate a lot of sweet mixed fruit. Gen love the machine, she took a selfie with Sx4.

Name:	
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	91416

But, I think my 6 years old son is the most happy!

Name:	
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	91418

The toddler is so curious!

Name:	
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	91419

The Gift is a complete success!