• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really want to say something naughty there about curves

Comment

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Danny79-Qc View Post
        Wasn't completed but only picture of it I have. I say over 3 bends it starts getting hard lol
        Yeah, it's rough. What kept you from finishing yours? It looks good.

Mine technically worked, as I used it for a couple months while my main rig was down, but I just finished replacing it with two shorter tubes. It had a few problems:
        1. It was tricky to keep the CPU end from leaking, due to the super short final bend. A 90 degree fitting doesn't look as good, but it's more reliable.
        2. It leaned slightly due to the long run, which meant it wasn't parallel with the other tube running from the graphics card.
        3. The Antec Striker has 3 graphics card heights. I used the middle one, but since the display ports face down, that meant I couldn't plug cables in without raising the case on a stool.
        To fix all 3 issues I had to make another tube, which definitely isn't worth the effort unless it's split with a multi-link adapter. Having the extra anchor point makes everything easier.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Sir Meowric; 12-21-2020, 08:54 PM.

Comment

I call this perfection what you did. Its very beautiful from all sides!

I stopped mine because the case was a few centimeter short for the dual loop. Tried 3 cases so far and no luck. I now know which case to get for my nephew but it's another 700-800$ with the pedestal addon. I'm still waiting on the 10850k anyways so it gives me time to work on mods like the carbon look I started to fit the EK board.

So that 7 bend tube has been spilt for different routes since I changed case lol. It's going to be so much fun once I get the new one. Wont be near as you on aesthetics but as long as it doesn't look too terrible and my nephew is happy, I'll be happy too haha.

Some funny dude here called my mods hideous but I think he's wrong. But again, tastes are to each their own :-). Anyways, keep making pretty builds like this. It's really good for the eyes@

Comment

I finished the drive tray, and this time photographed the entire painting process: cut, prime, basecoat, preshade, shade, preshade, shade, clearcoat, and varnish. Next time I'll ensure there's consistent lighting across photos.

Unfortunately, I can't get the BIOS to recognize the sata SSD. Sata's enabled in BIOS and set to AHCI mode. It works if I use an external drive enclosure with USB, or if I use the same power+data cables in a different PC. I gave up troubleshooting it, as the two M.2s should suffice, and I can use the sata drive in the next build.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Sir Meowric; 12-14-2020, 10:46 PM.

Comment

The build's done and running Manjaro, although I still need to apply stickers to the glass and photograph the RGB. I had to set the PCIe to gen 2 mode, as the riser cable was causing hard-freezes and kernel panics even in gen 3. Memory stable at 3600.
              Attached Files

Comment

Pics2
                Attached Files

Comment

Stickers + RGB.

The rgb chip is faulty/damaged, so it maxes out the green, and the red line stopped working entirely. I swapped the green and red wires. Now the reservoir and graphics card are always red or purple. 5V aRGB works fine.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Sir Meowric; 12-14-2020, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Very nice mate! Sucks for the general not working but it's a minor issue easy to fix. Everything fits together, a real piece of art!

Comment

Definitely the most interesting build of the year
                      The paint is truly wild

Comment

Sweet compact build. Fully open cases are hard to master. Well done!
                        Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                        Venom Build: Build Log,
                        Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                        Orange Build: Final Video
                        HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Working...
                        X