No announcement yet.

Wolverine - Old Man Logan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell us they perform. I read they were average performers per say.

Comment

The gpu block or the cables sorry? The cables are always top notch from gs he’s an incredible craftsman and the gpu block has worked great for me ! I used some thermal grizzly and with ek Cryofuel temps have been no higher than 69 in benchmarks but during regular idle time or most of the time in gaming even its around 38-45 C

Comment

I like those cables!
        Sentinel Build: Build Log,
        Venom Build: Build Log,
        Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
        Orange Build: Final Video
        HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Hey guys ! Sorry for the delay on making a build log post here, work has been demanding the last week and a bit.

Here I have the photos of the components being put into the chassis as well as the cables ran and the watercooling components placed.
          I definitely like how everything looks here on the Asrock B550 Steel Legend board, and am happy about the bit of paint we put on the CPU block !

I also took a small amount of thin felt gasket (used on a radiator) and cut 4 small squares to add a little bit of sound dampening between the DDC pump mount and the frame, as it was mounted metal on metal and I anticipated a decent amount of noise so hopefully that helps it run a little quieter.

Next stop - Bend some tubes!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5314.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.3 KB ID:	91725 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5309.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.3 KB ID:	91728 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5318.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.0 KB ID:	91727 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5320.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	91731

Comment

Rocking it man! This build is epic with all the little details! Keep up the stellar work!

Comment

Thanks man!

Comment

A classic "Preparing for battle" photo of the fittings laid out before I began work on the loop

My initial tube set the tone for the whole loop here as I went high and came back down, with the other tubes meant to kind of look like Wolverines 3 claws, though getting the bends to portray that was pretty tricky, I'm still glad with how it turned out!

I used the air pump leak tester for a spell, and then it was the first wet test. I used some used coolant of the same brand here to not cause any issues when I added the final Cryofuel, but still gave me a chance to leak test and flush the system a little before adding the final product and calling the loop done.

**When I did the wet test I did uncover one small leak, which was on the return line going back into the top of the reservoir. I had one of the Thermaltake C-Pro fittings going directly into the res, but this didn't quite get a sufficient seal, and I was able to correct the issue by adding a spacer between the res and the C-Pro fitting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5328 - Copy (2).jpg
Views:	289
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	91746 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5329 - Copy.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	91745 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0018 - Copy.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	91744 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0020 - Copy.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	91747 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0029 - Copy.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	91743

Comment

I love the paint! You definitely have good skills in case painting. Beautiful build!

Comment

A few additional pictures with the coolant in the system! EK's Cryofuel (from dazmode ) in Scarlet Red. I love how this coolants color pops as well as the great temperature performance!

Name:	IMG_0116.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	91800 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0114.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	91799 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0108.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	91797 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0115.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	91798

Comment

Well, here are some final photos of my build and submission to the 2020 CAMC. Wolverine- Old Man Logan!

This build was extremely fun to do but also held a fair amount of challenges in getting the theme across and having the dark and beat up look I was wanting, as you read back when the build was briefly orange"

Hope you guys like it and it represents what us Canadian modders can do ! This competition has been a goal of mine all year, having only done my first mod back in November 2019, I learned of watercooling, painting, and just what you can do when modding computers all this year with the mod of the month competitions as an incredible motivation and many of the members good feedback or encouraging comments towards my builds, leading up to this bigger yearly competition.

Thank you guys, wherever my build is placed I appreciate it but I'd like to use my submission as a way to say thank you to all the members who have helped me with feedback, guidance and support, as well as thank you to Daz for running the site that enables many of us to get the parts and supplies we need for watercooling here in Canada!

Ill post more photos of this build here on the thread as time goes on to show it in use, and the setup.

Name:	003-2.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	91822 Click image for larger version

Name:	001-2.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	91823 Click image for larger version

Name:	006-2.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	91824

Comment

Wow! Your "Old man Logan" is outstanding! I love it! Beautiful build!

Comment

Sweet build!
                          Paint work is awesome. Love all the little details.
                          Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                          OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                          Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

thanks so much guys! glad you like it !

Comment

I did a bit of a fun edit on a photo of the build, set up on the custom wood desk built to accommodate the PC

Name:	IMG_0225.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	91998

Comment

Wonderful build that looks perfect in this setup! Great job!

Comment

Working...
                                X