Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zombie Edition

Hi,
    This is my first modded PC and I am as new as they come, I wasn't going to enter until someone told me it was for amateurs and my work was pretty good. However I don't even think I'm fall under that category. So here I am, I have been a PC user my whole life and just love the endless possibilities out there for PC, and have always browsed forums to see all the great builds and ideas. I was sitting on a motherboard, a Gigabyte z97x gaming 3 to be exact for some time now and I figured that it was time to put it to use. Not planning to do a modded PC, it kinda was an idea that fell into my lap when I saw a video on hydrographic dipping. I thought it would be a idea to explore and mix with my build and since at the time I was playing DayZ, I started to blend the ideas together. I have never hydro-dipped or seen it first hand before and was extremely nervous, however I called around and none of the companies that did it would really discuss much, so I it was then I knew I had to just dive in on my own. So this was my result, I must say it's a lot easier then it looks, because I managed to pull it off my first attempt without any mishaps. Anyways I'm not sure what is expected of here and I'm not sure what to say, so I think I let the build do most the talking and feel free to ask any questions. On a side note, I made this just for fun, and see what I was capable of and wasn't expecting to be here, entering competitions, so I don't have the perfect log or photos like most. I only have what I could find. But I must say, I'm kinda getting hooked, I did recently pickup a T900, because I wanna try some hard tube, so who knows I may be back next year. Thank you for this opportunity.

PC Components -
    Case: Corsair 275R with custom front panel(drilled Corsair logo and hydrographic dipped)
    Mobo: Gigabyte Z97x Gaming 3
    CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.6ghz
    GPU: Asus Turbo GTX 1070 Ti 8gb (Hydrographic dipped)
    Pci-e Riser: Phanteks PH 220mm extension.
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32gb @ 2400mhz
    PSU: Corsair RM650x Full Modular(Red Cablemod Sleeved Replacements)
    Aio Cooler: Corsair H60(Corsair 120mm fan)
    Boot Drive: M.2 Trenscend 2242 256gb(Custom Alum. Heatsink - Orange x 2)
    Slave: 1) Adroitlark Sata -SSD 480gb 2) SP - SSD 1TB Fans: EzDIY-FAB 120mm Red Led Double Frame x6

All work has been completed by myself.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	pc1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	60.2 KB ID:	92218Click image for larger version  Name:	PC2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	163.1 KB ID:	92222Click image for larger version  Name:	PC3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.8 KB ID:	92221Click image for larger version  Name:	PC4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	22.8 KB ID:	92219Click image for larger version  Name:	PC5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.8 KB ID:	92220

This is where I decided this would not be just your average RIG.....................
    So I started with a little step of adding a bit of cooling to my M.2 Drive... ​​
    So I took an old heatsink off of another mobo and hacked it up to suit the M.2 Drive
    ​​ This was the Final results.....which I was very happy with.. ​​

https://imgur.com/a/bZKkU2z

https://imgur.com/a/bZKkU2z

Now on to my next project a simple but effective, I get the most compliments from........The bloody hand prints......
    Just used simple automotive vinyl transparent decals......
    ​​ ​​ ​​
    which were then applied to the inside of the side panel reversed, to look as though they where the the outside...

https://imgur.com/a/u2hf2m7

And that is when I decided that the front panel was too bare, and I heard internet chatter regarding the solid panel preventing airflow......
    ​​ ​​ ​​
    That gave me little logo gave me an idea........So I attached my Dremel to the drill press attachment, and printed out a large image of the Corsair Logo and filled the logo in with tiny circles and went to work, resulting in this.

https://imgur.com/a/xxpvgUA
    ​​ ​​
    That is when I started to research Hydrographic dipping, thought I might be able to apply it to some other areas, that is if I was any good at it.....Everything I have been doing here is a first for me, so I was keeping my fingers crossed throughout the entire processes.........
    So once my homework was done, I figured it was do or die time. Since I didn't want to ruin any of my actual RiG, I decided to test run Hyrdo-dipping on my controller I use to game and that would allow me to decide to move ahead or not.......
    So here I stripped down my controller and GPU and painted them Matte White before the dipping process....You can see me laying out the film on the controller...

https://imgur.com/a/u6nBxE6

And after the controller was a great success, I moved on to the GPU.........Which you can see me laying out the film and included a before and after.

https://imgur.com/a/lhjpGjp

You will have to excuse the lack of pictures during the whole process, as I wasn't actually creating a log during the build, I was creating for my own enjoyment and never expecting to find myself in the position of entering my Zombie Edition Rig into a competition. Fellow PC enthusiast seen my build and suggested I try and enter, so I have no clue what I'm doing, please bare with me................

And now the GPU, I decide to leave one pin strip of silver along the GPU to ad contrast and to try and match the silver ring on the fan....

I was so pleased with the way they both the controller and GPU turned out, I decided I would try and do some larger pieces, which included the front panel....

https://imgur.com/a/eTKLY8p

Well I was thankful that was all over, and was pretty happy with everything I had accomplished. However I had this pretty cool looking rig and yet starring at me in the face was this giant white canvas along the bottom of my case...After some inspection, I figured that I would have to drill out some rivets, then remove pretty much everything I just finished putting together and then either re rivet or bolt it back up the case afterwards....So I did some thinking, I was trying to figure out how to fix my situation with out a huge inconvenience. So what I came up with was what if I could Hydro-dip a sheet of acrylic and then form it to the shape i needed? I looked around and couldn't find out anything on, because everything kept telling me that Hydro-dip needs a painted surface to stick too. So I went ahead and did it, why not?

So this is my custom shroud cover.......... https://imgur.com/a/OGDanAM

What do you know it actually worked, once installed you can't see the difference, especially if you don't know my little secret.

I hope you found this build enjoyable and a little informative....Please feel free to ask anything....

PS....Due to the ability to remove the PSU shrouds covering, I am now able to remodify or simply return the case back to it's original state, well except for the giant Corsair logo drilled into the front panel..... lol

​​ ​​ ​​ ​​

​​ ​​ ​​ ​​ ​​ ​​ ​​ ​​ ​​ ​​ ​​ ​​ ​​
    Last edited by Scotfree; 01-07-2021, 12:21 AM.

Found pictures with side panel on, but powered down.Click image for larger version  Name:	20201026_150149_compress34.jpg Views:	36 Size:	86.0 KB ID:	92119 Click image for larger version  Name:	20201026_150130_compress74.jpg Views:	38 Size:	61.1 KB ID:	92118
    As well just found these extra pictures with the side panel off.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_8017.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	92117 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_8014.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	92116
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20201025_133245_compress93.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	92224
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Scotfree; 11-04-2020, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Great to see some new blood in the competition! (Pun intended hahaha) good luck and have fun!!

Comment

What a BLOODY mess... I LOVE IT!!! Didnt know Dexter was into gaming

Comment

Really liking the drilled Corsair logo

Comment

Working...
          X