No announcement yet.

Boosted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everytime you update us with more pics, makes me wana see more! You really make me regret selling that case haha!

Comment

• Got my tubing for the turbo to the intake manifold (2" exhaust tubing)
      • Did some vinyl work
      • Redid the mounting for the front panel to reflect theme and added tie-wrap decoration "à la" cheap drift car bumper fix. This was actually quite long to do, draw, pierce 1/16" for pilot hole, redrill 1/8" (IIRC), clean up BOTH sides with 1/2" big by hand, put all 24 tie wraps from the back, then again from the front, then attach them all and tighten them, cut all excess
      • Started printing the intake manifold (six total pieces for the manifold itself, one for the flange and a last one for turbo out extension)

Comment

Ends up I totally messed up the spacing between the radiators, have no idea how I measured 220mm+ when in reality it's 150mm, but anyways, back to the drawing board for the manifold and we'll resume printing tomorrow, I've been designing this in overtime lol bed time, it's 1am, I'll divide it tomorrow for the printer.

Comment

How long did it take to print those parts? And which printer are you using? Asking cause 2 of mine Creality are broken. Was going to get mods done by someone but at the price he is asking, I'm better of getting a new one and still undecided. Saw one which can do 3D, laser and cnc but don't remember the brand or if it's any good. From experience, i always had better result to gdt one of each. Anyways, your work is amazing! I wish i had your skills..

Comment

I'm on a wanhao duplicator i3, but the Monoprice rebrand.
            It's very, very modded.

Comment

What's the dimensions?

Comment

Sorry for all the questions lol

Comment

dimensions of the printer??

Comment

My printer is like 200x200x150 the part is 360x120x151

Comment

Ok thank you. I had 220x220x 250 and tought yours was bigger haha. I guess these are standard size. Thanks for the info

Comment

So I started working on making the tubing nice so I can clear coat it, still some work to do, but so far so good!
                        Finished 3D printing manifold and glueing
                        Finished 3D printing flange and turbo extension tube

Now waiting for a few other goodies to arrive. I should be installing LEDs in this case too soon, they will be CableMod RGBUV LEDs as they whine really bright for this big case.
                        I have some finishing work to do also on the remaining 3D printed parts and some painting!

Comment

Glazing the 3D print to try to remove lines as much as possible. I applied less thick than the turbo to try and get better results.

Comment

Finished "brushing" the 2" exhaust tubing to use, it's about 12" in length, so I have a backup length in case anything happens. I put some gloss clear coat over it, came out B-E-A-U-tiful!!
                            Added three main voltage displays on the frosted cover I made, I brushed the plexi, then sprayed it in in clear matte, came out great also, then applied a "negative" decal and cut out the room for all three displays to be glued from the back. I took a modular power SATA cable from the PSUs and took all three voltages from there along with the ground, so it plugs directly in the PSU. Please don't mind the bubbles on the vinyl, I'm not there yet!

To get the finish on the turbo and manifold that I get took quite a few steps, first step was the art glaze from the post above to remove the big stuff, then dual purpose I used spray on gold flake, it's like a thick clear coat with gold flakes that fills in the rest and adds sparkle and a sort of sand blasted finish, then sprayed aluminium silver over it, came out just how I wanted. I used press-in brass inserts for the M3 threads, I put them on the tip of the a soldering iron and kind of melted them in, worked great.

I'm waiting for a new branded cone filter for the build, 2" silicone couplings with stainless straps, thermal hardness wiring tape, a new power button that I might use (not sure yet) and two more items from eBay that is experimental.

Then water cooling odds and ends and voila!

Comment

Love the creativity here. Also makes me miss my 900D

Comment

*Angru Turbo Noises* TsuTsuTsu!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X