Clear All

• Long Wave

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201107_175553.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	92296

Hi everyone,

I have been a PC player for over two decades. As the PC community evolved, I was always amazed by the craftsmanship and ingenuity of the first PC water cooling mods. Hardware suppliers found awesome ways to give modders something different and unique. All those years, I have been sitting on the passenger’s seat. Today, I’m the driver.

My contribution to this year’s Canadian Modding Competition will be an homage to the long lost era of LAN Party UV monsters. To make this project possible, I will use UV LEDs to their full potential by combining old and new hardware.

The idea is the create as mush parts as i can from scratch. Wish me luck.

Hardware list so far:
    Tpower I45
    Intel Core 2 quad q9550
    Nvidia GTX 280
    Danger Den Tieton waterblock
    240mm Radiator

Here are a few picture of the hardware i have so far. A friend gave me this awesome motherboard. it look amazing with uv light. The VRM cooler is really nice but if everything goes as i wish, i won't be using it

Comment

I bought thy GPU a few years ago. it was sitting on a shelf until now. It's really dirty, so i will need to take it apart. The Danger Den waterblock is really nice, so it will re use most of it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20201107_180535.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.6 KB ID:	92302
      Attached Files

Comment

Oh man! My first real gaming PC had a core 2 quad in it! Love the throwback components! Nice to see a deviation from the "latest and greatest" to some components that were top of the line for their time!

Stoked to see how this turns out!

Comment

Thanks, i'm glad to know that i am not the only one to like older component.

today, was cleaning day. I needed to prepare the motherboard ans the gpu for the project.

The gpu needed a little more scrubbing, as it has alot of dust stock on it. I used some alcohol and an old toothbrush to clean it.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Francois; 11-11-2020, 03:44 AM.

Comment

here is the naked Biostar motherboard. Do you have any idea of where i'm going with this?

Comment

This GTX280 GPU block looks awesome! I like all those fluo colors slot on the mobo. Do you plan to watercool those two chips on the motherboard?

Comment

Originally posted by C0LLARD View Post
                This GTX280 GPU block looks awesome! I like all those fluo colors slot on the mobo. Do you plan to watercool those two chips on the motherboard?
                Yes, and yeally look insane with uv light. As for the chips, i did not remove the coolers just tho clean them up

Comment

So pumped to see you joining the festivities this year!

Comment

Hmmm. Actually running the old hardware? Or using it as a display and hiding new stuff in behind?

Comment

I Thought that i could do it during december, but i had way too mush work at my job. This project is NOT DEAD. It will be done in 2021. Good luck to all the 2020 edition competitior, You guys are awesome !

Comment

Francois you damn tease! PLEASE Keep me up to date, tag me if you need to.... I want to see this done!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tpbmods View Post
                          Francois you damn tease! PLEASE Keep me up to date, tag me if you need to.... I want to see this done!!!!
                          Yes, As soon i can, i will repost it on the 5th annual competition a i will be working on it for the whole year.

Comment

Looking forward to this, I may have some UV in my next build...

Comment

sorry you couldnt finish in time, but looking forward to seeing this finished in next competition

Comment

Working...
                              X