No announcement yet.

DFrame FCE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is beyond impressive, and inside my personal unicorn!
    The D-Frame is IMO one of the coolest, most unique cases that ever came to market.

The machining work on your panels is superb! Are you a machinist by trade?

Comment

A little bit of background. I work for a company specializing in custom hvac solutions. My job shares many commonalities with what's been presented in this build log, from design to construction, albeit on an industrial scale. I'm fortunate to have permission to use a subset of machinary on my own time. This does not include any CNC based machinery. It's understandable given its extraordinary cost. In regards to the panels, following a slew of failed attempts to have them made locally (Minimum orders and massive lead times), I messaged Protocase with my models. Parts were in hand 4 days later. Exceptional service.

As you mentioned Tpbmods, the D-Frame is an iconic chassis, breaking conventional design tropes. For that reason, it was critical that every design choice would be made with intent and purpose. I wanted this to appear as it was orginally constructed to look like the finished product...while simultaneously housing a partially removable, performance, liquid cooling solution ;-).

Comment

This is a cool project with lots of work put into it. I believe you still working on it.
        Sentinel Build: Build Log,
        Venom Build: Build Log,
        Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
        Orange Build: Final Video
        HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Working...
        X