Razor Crest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Razor Crest

Hello fellow Canadian Modders, hope everyone's had a great year.
    I'm a little late to the sign up and I apologize for that. I haven't worked out many details for my build yet but I think what I'd like to do this year is to take an idea I've had on paper since working on my last personal build, which I themed after The Mandalorian, and I'll build his ship, The Razor Crest, or some version of it. I know Star Wars ships aren't new as a concept for a PC mod, as the X Wing and a Tie Fighter have been done, however I love LOVED them both, and want to see if I can even scratch the level of detail in those mods. Mine will however be quite a bit smaller, because well, my house doesn't have room for a life size spaceship. Fun fact the model used to shoot the Razor Crest in the Mandalorian show was only 24" in size, so quite small, and YES they used a model for the show to bring back the epic old school Star Wars feel, so The Razor Crest wasn't completely CGI !! These are all factors that have drawn me to this project and want to work on some version of one myself.

*Edit* I'm happy to say I've been sponsored a 650W SFX Power Supply for this build from Seasonic, my only sponsor thus far for this project and they are fantastic, highly recommend you guys reach out to them about supporting your mods as well. *

I currently only have the case ill be using selected and that is going to be the Coolermaster NR200.

Many details to be worked out, but I'll be getting started soon.

Good luck everyone, have as much fun as you can, reach out with questions or feedback, I'm open to talk shop and learn new things at all times.

As a parting note on this post, I've started to keep a bit of a log on my own website www.rhoadspc.ca as well as my YouTube Channel Rhoads Pc.

Have Fun !

Click image for larger version  Name:	RC.jpeg Views:	66 Size:	47.1 KB ID:	94629
    Last edited by Rhoadspc; 09-23-2021, 04:36 PM.

Okay, since submitting my entry thread here a couple hours ago, I've gotten pretty excited about this build and the competition as well!

So I've spent a little time doing a few rough sketches just to add context to what I'm aiming for and keep me accountable to the idea I'm going for in the start of this one anyway.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sketch2.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	94645 Click image for larger version

Name:	Sketch1.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	94646

Comment

Hi Rhoads, I really like the concept. Looking forward to the mods!

Comment

The Coolermaster NR200 arrived , and I thought a quick quality of life build for this project would be to give it a dedicated table in my workshop, so I took an old speaker stand and cut up some mdf and bam it’s got a home.

Next steps are to measure and start chopping it up

Name:	B4FF987C-CBF0-4B25-8BA5-F50664D3ABBB.jpeg
Views:	441
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	94728

Comment

Okay supplies in hand ! Getting started on the engines! Wish me luck.

Click image for larger version  Name:	A90CB9C5-4DF2-45A0-A8B1-9F367DED2F01.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	67.0 KB ID:	94855

Comment

First night in on making the engines and so far so good I’m really enjoying this hands on approach !

Materials used here are EVA foam, PVC pipe and super glue.

Video progress of the build is being taken and whenever this project wraps up I’ll have the montage up on my Rhoads Pc YouTube channel! Just sayin

Click image for larger version  Name:	2EC02F11-35BA-4318-B4BC-15EFD65755FF.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	97.3 KB ID:	94859

Name:	9306E406-183C-49F8-802A-DFF8DD96A821.jpeg
Views:	424
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	94863

Comment

Some more progress on the engines ! Have the foam and pvc pipe portion of the engines done and 3D printed the ends of the engines. Also strung an led light strip inside the engines to be able to light up and will string the cable through the wing when I make them.

I used foam clay to sculpt the details and mesh the parts together, this can be sanded down and cleaned up when it dries after 24hrs.

does anyone else let their prints go hangout outside and catch some rays ☀️

Name:	image_9344.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	94878

Click image for larger version  Name:	4220E469-4399-415C-869E-56AA811AE46F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	67.0 KB ID:	94879

Comment

looking very interesting!
                Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                Venom Build: Build Log,
                Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                Orange Build: Final Video
                HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Thanks Daz!

Comment

Realy nice work with the engines!

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	3A6BB9D2-825D-491D-BC44-4DB377EE3112.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	120.8 KB ID:	94891

The foam, pvc, clay and printed parts finally all glued together, next step is to etch in some details, then it’s on to the wings !!

Once I have the wings built I’ll attach the engines and move on to painting (my favourite part) honestly these have been fun but i just can’t wait to paint them
                      and make them look cool hopefully, in foam form they’re kinda ugly haha

Comment

The pieces for the front of the ship are printed, 2 of the prints were 19 hours and the third where I printed the bottom half as one was a 44 hour print!! Crazy hah proud of my little Prusa. Next is to cover these in foam and fit them to the front panel.

Click image for larger version  Name:	BA98913F-E800-43A8-B4BA-11B9EFE14812.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	118.3 KB ID:	94912 Click image for larger version  Name:	867CEBD9-86B3-489A-A189-FDEF113758B0.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	92.5 KB ID:	94913

Comment

Name:	ACF87F2C-F89B-40D1-B4E1-C05FD5BB4C4F.jpeg
Views:	391
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	94943 Click image for larger version

Name:	B1828365-A871-45FB-89B0-7278052149BC.jpeg
Views:	383
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	94944

Comment

Okay we’ve got the front cannons printed and one of the engines etched and sprayed with a layer of filler ! A few blemishes on the engine, was kind of a learning curved but I definitely think I can clean it up going forward. I etched the details by using my soldering iron on the foam, while wearing a respirator, safety first ! Haha

Comment

Name:	A22AE5ED-5EEC-4992-8572-2C93F2943608.jpeg
Views:	385
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	94950 Click image for larger version

Name:	DA437267-FE7E-4961-BF02-F7E64752B93E.jpeg
Views:	379
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	94949

Comment

Working...