Limbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grinder if you find any cheap ones that are good, let me know
    These are made by Prime, and theyre HVAC Seamers, fkn things were like $119, but theyre machine finished and perfectly flat.
    Thankfully, I borrowed these.

Comment

Always good to have friends with tools! I really don't have any reference point to know if they are good or bad, but I went for a variety of cheap tools at Princess Auto. Hopefully that will give me some flexibility for different situations. I got an 18 inch long duct folding tool,10 inch/2inch wide jaw locking pliers, and 6 inch wide sheet metal seamers, for a total of <$100 tax in.

The duct folding tool was great for the first honeycomb mesh I was working on, did the whole long edge in one go. I made the bend a bit crisper on the vise later with a hammer, but it was awesome for long, straight, consistent bends (albeit the max depth is 1 inch). I found the 6 inch seamer good for making adjustments or flattening metal. And the clamping strength of the vise grip ones worked well to bend the mesh onto the end pieces rather than just grip the metal to hold it while bending. I'll be doing another mesh piece for the top of my case that is much more irregular, so the seamer will likely be of more use than the folding tool there. Would love to build a brake if I had more time and space!

************** EDIT **************
      I'll probably return the seamer, wasn't happy with the quality and the other two tools met my needs...
      Last edited by Grinder; 12-07-2021, 10:21 PM.

Comment

When a project has been a year long mental struggle, sometimes it seems easier to just start over or give up.
        When you have a vision in your head and nothing seems to fit, Just keep modding it till its possible.
        I knew fitment would be the biggest nightmare...but were getting somewhere.

Let the spirit of our lost brother SpartanMods live strong in this project, without him I wouldnt have as many little tips and tricks that I use today

Modding the PSU to gap enough room for cables and fans in the basement

Comment

No room for fittings to come off a rad? Whatever, stick em out the sides!

Definitely not cutting a PCB, so I guess I have no choice but to wait for a block and vertical bracket

Comment

And finally, some actual progress has been made. Two nearly hidden 420mm X30mm radiators, a low profile mounted FLT d5? one of the longest PSU's on the market sitting next to 2 120mm???
            I definitely wont have a GPU in this by years end, but whatever, Hardware doesnt make the mod.

Comment

Nice progress. I like bumping out the PSU, looks like a pull out on an RV!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder View Post

HAHA A pullout on an RV! DAMN Grinder that got a good chuckle

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder View Post

I can't look at this without seeing the slides on my RV now lol

Comment

Well here we are at the end of 2021, And just like Covid;Limbo still isnt over.
                    A year of never ending bullshit and constant setbacks wouldnt be complete without component shortages and shipping issues!
                    To add the icing to the cake that has been 2021, I move out of my house and lose my shop January 1st. FFFFUUUUU
                    With all those excuses out of the way, I present to you PROJECT LIMBO, As it sits... Till further notice.

Comment

I feel your pain, I ended up making the same decision. At least I know I'll still have some worthy competition in 2022!

Comment

Damn, that sucks Kevin, I know the work you put into your mods so this must be tough. But lets look forward to a strong 2022, can't wait to see this project finished!

Comment

Just a heads up, Hooded let me know that we can't postpone till next year.  

Comment

If we don't extend the deadline we should almost make an exception on carrying a build into the new year due to world circumstances, just my 2cents.

Comment

Too bad it is only halfway. Hope 2022 will bring it home.
                              __________________________________________________
                              Retro Build: Build Log,
                              Baby Blue Build: Build Log,
                              Green Lanten Build: Build Log,
                              Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                              Venom Build: Build Log,
                              Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                              Orange Build: Final Video
                              HTPC Build: Final Video
                              __________________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                                Too bad it is only halfway. Hope 2022 will bring it home.
                                I hope the judges were able to look past the Missing GPU, It was the last piece of the puzzle, but im waiting on a Block/Backplate/Vertical kit
                                We always say, Hardware doesnt make the mod... but we all know that the only thing that matters is the end results.

Comment

Working...
                                X