Mini Itx Open Concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Itx Open Concept

Started this build in earnest around January and with a move and other work I am starting to pick it up again in a push to finish by deadline. Through the home move I managed to lose the majority of my log but as I work towards final assembly I can get more shots from my phone library albiet out of chronologial order. The proper way would be a single post but I am excited to share what I have so far and just writing this up is good motivation to finish. I kept having to take breaks due to work and getting stumped on the difficult bends.

Specs:
    Mobo – Aorus X570i

RAM – Patriot 2x16gb
    CPU – 5800X
    GPU – 6800xt
    PSU – Fractal 650 SFX

Loop:
    EKWB – 6800x block nickel. I had a nice Aphacool rad in hand but unfortunately it was 5mm too thick and I had to use my older rad froma previous build since I could wedge it between the case flanges.
    Bitspower – Summit M in chrome
    Pipes – aliexpress stainless 12mmOD
    Fittings – mostly EKWB nickel
    Alphacool – NexXXxos XT45 silver radiator
    Alphacool DC-LT 2600 12V pump
    Older Aquacomputer fan controller

Fans – cheap 120mm from silent pc or amazon, had to buy a few to find some that weren’t too noisy

Case: ITX steel case from a small machinist in Bulgaria. I feel the design is a bit of a rip off to the Xproto but I prefer this take nonetheless.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2301.JPEG Views:	2 Size:	48.2 KB ID:	95186

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2293.JPEG Views:	2 Size:	49.7 KB ID:	95189

After purchasing the case I decided to strip it down and apply a chrome esque coating. The cost to chrome was simply too high. I couldn't use a sand blaster since it would cause too much pitting and had to resort to a grinder. All in all I am not too disappointed but against my chromed test bench you can tell its not the real deal. 
    Click image for larger version  Name:	36CC389B-16EC-4EE7-9702-C1C4518072C6.jpg Views:	2 Size:	34.7 KB ID:	95187

Had to get a bling shot of the summit block. Really love the intel bracket also.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	212388BF-7FFE-4E7C-9994-E2652D092C1C.jpg Views:	2 Size:	34.1 KB ID:	95188
    This rad really appealed to me since it matched the silver/chrome look I was going for and it had so many ports that would come in handy since I didn't have a concrete idea for my tube runs.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	8F199BC1-588C-4B96-8381-6CD1DC214A4A.jpg Views:	2 Size:	51.0 KB ID:	95190
    Last edited by Seaplan3papi; 11-25-2021, 05:00 AM.

I bought some clear silver wire from MDPCX, 23AWG for the fans, pump, and aqua computer board; 23AWG for the power supply. I want to avoid any ugly wires when every angle of the computer is visible. Making a riser is not something I could see myself doing and the closest thing I could find that fit the spirit of the build was the Loque Cobalt riser, just the right length.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_9494.jpg Views:	3 Size:	66.1 KB ID:	95192
    I was hoping to use a quadro on this build but unfortunately the usb pins on that board were a bit too close for my soldering skill and I went with an old poweradjust ultra with a single control channel :/
    Added a pic with both boards side by side so you can all see the pin proximity of the newer board and how much wider spaced they are on the poweradjust.
    The 2600 pump got a new set of wires and I added some epoxy to make sure the wires didn't go anywhere with the constant repositioning.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-4918.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.2 KB ID:	95194
    The rear runs are a lot for this 2600 to push, I haven't done any math on the flow rate but I was unable to get my hands on a dual pump block for the 2600's so this is the way. Is using the radiator drain port to feed the pump a bit questionable? Probably ;P
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-4922.jpg Views:	0 Size:	82.0 KB ID:	95195 
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-4925.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.0 KB ID:	95196
    The next step is to finish making the wires for the mobo and gpu. A little tedious but no sleeving required so its a bit faster.
    Last edited by Seaplan3papi; 11-25-2021, 05:10 AM.

Comment

Looks good so far, stainless looks nice and case is unique.  Hope it all comes together in time for you!

Comment

Very cool build. One-of-a-kind for sure!

Comment

Looking great
          Sentinel Build: Build Log,
          Venom Build: Build Log,
          Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
          Orange Build: Final Video
          HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Love those tubes! Very nice work with the cables.

Comment

Looking great!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4992.JPEG
Views:	201
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	95298
                On day 3 my poweradjust3 ultra stopped delivering steady voltage and began spiking from 1.2 to 1.7 and I could not recitify the issue. I think changing my mind on the soldering to the front of the board and then to the rear for cable management was not so good for its health. Since the DC-LT 2600 is not PMW I decided to try another poweradjust 3 ultra since it has voltage control and I am able to adjust the speed to around 2,200 which gives really ideal temperatures. I really cannot believe how quiet these things are!

Name:	IMG_5119.JPEG
Views:	190
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	95299
                The wiring was pretty straight forward just had to keep it all really short. 

Name:	IMG_4949.JPEG
Views:	181
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	95300
                I picked up two EKWB chromed ram heatsinks to match the CPU block. 

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC08353.JPG Views:	0 Size:	63.9 KB ID:	95302
                  I added an NKK switch for power and decided it was time for some photos.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5133.JPEG Views:	0 Size:	61.7 KB ID:	95303

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC08375.JPG Views:	0 Size:	63.7 KB ID:	95305

Name:	358EB3AC-9E97-419F-8A49-A5D97DFBA786.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	95308
                  Last edited by Seaplan3papi; 12-17-2021, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Name:	DSC08400.JPEG
Views:	197
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	95310

Name:	DSC08367.JPG
Views:	191
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	95311

Name:	DSC08389.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	95312

Overall really happy with how this project turned out. Easiest loop I have filled yet, will have to update with some performance numbers in the near future. 

Comment

Wow this is really elegant with all those chromed and aluminum parts. Beautiful pictures! I love how it looks. Also, the way the GPU is "hidden" put those really well bent tubes on the spot.

Bravo!

Comment

Very nice !!

Comment

Nice bends, love the fishhook shaped one for the CPU block 

Comment

Last note for this project.
                            Wife and I tested positive over the holidays and we spent New Years at home with some local multiplayer games. After several hours the numbers settle around mid 50's and jct high 60's for the 6800xt with the fans below an obnoxious level of noise. I wouldn't say it is the best thermal performance I have seen but I am happy for the size and overall heat management.
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	long run 6800xt.PNG Views:	0 Size:	81.1 KB ID:	95498

Truly a potato pic of the mini itx in action.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Seaplan3papi; 01-06-2022, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Wishing you mild symptoms and no spread!

Nice to have an excuse for a gaming session with the wife 

Comment

Working...
                              X