Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Markes12344
    replied
    Well this all escalated quickly, sorry, thanx Daz and Hooded, I do understand the reasoning behind it all. Was hoping a question, if any, stayed generic... to help everyone and not get centralised / specific to one person. Daz your responce in particular is the kind of thing I was looking for. It answers a generic question that everyone can reflect on. This compitition sure is fun, that's what keeps bringing me back.

Leave a comment:

• section31
    replied
    Thanks for organizing the competition. It was great fun.

I guess my prize is
    • EKWB Vardar RGB Fan (2 pack)

Leave a comment:

• bms97
    replied
    Originally posted by Hooded View Post
    Get on a social media search for judges @ youtube and the like.
    See what the judges like.
    We had a very large number of judges this year and each has their own likes an dislikes (Taste).
    Judging must remain anonymous so please don't be annoying our judges.

Thank You
    No one is trying to "annoy" the judges. We're simply asking if they would be interested in feedback on our builds.

If Wayne Gretzky was judging my hockey skills it wouldn't stop me from asking him for feedback.

Part of being a celebrity is helping other's become better at what they do.

Leave a comment:

• DazMode
    replied
    I think we need to take it less serious and just enjoy the little party. Having said that ill
    poke our judges for feedback on expanding score card. I’m not hopeful as it is significant time commitment as it is.

Leave a comment:

• Hooded
    replied
    Get on a social media search for judges @ youtube and the like.
    See what the judges like.
    We had a very large number of judges this year and each has their own likes an dislikes (Taste).
    Judging must remain anonymous so please don't be annoying our judges.

Thank You

Leave a comment:

• bms97
    replied
    Originally posted by DazMode View Post

I understand from where you guys are coming from, but we need to keep in mind that I’m asking somewhat famous and busy people to voloteer their time for me just in spirit of common hobby.
    The favor should not be a burden.

Also, this is not exam or any sort of formal evaluation. Each judge is a person and ranks according his personal preferences.

I can speak for myself, that I like to see custom Or unusual work, I like to like what I see regardless cost of parts, I hate brand whoring, I don’t like my ocd to be hurt with poor pairings (imho), some things may trigger sentimental thoughts. Does it all make my PERSONAL preference a some sort of guide? I don’t think so!!

This is annual event to get together for common minded people with few random perks attached, not competition driven by greed for a free stuff or formal modder certification.

Happy to to discuss this further.
    Thanks for the feedback. The judges time is appreciated, but I do agree that the only way for an amateur to improve is through criticism/feedback. Would it be possible to maybe add 2 categories to what the judges fill out next year? Along with the scores there could be a category for Biggest Like and Biggest Dislike. Then from there they just enter a simple answer. Scorecards are great but feedback is even better to help the little mod community grow!

Leave a comment:

• DazMode
    replied
    Originally posted by Markes12344 View Post
    Curiosity thought, now that comp is over, can each member ask judges one question?.. For instance I would like to know what is the #1 like and #1 disslike in a build log?
    I understand from where you guys are coming from, but we need to keep in mind that I’m asking somewhat famous and busy people to voloteer their time for me just in spirit of common hobby.
    The favor should not be a burden.

Also, this is not exam or any sort of formal evaluation. Each judge is a person and ranks according his personal preferences.

I can speak for myself, that I like to see custom Or unusual work, I like to like what I see regardless cost of parts, I hate brand whoring, I don’t like my ocd to be hurt with poor pairings (imho), some things may trigger sentimental thoughts. Does it all make my PERSONAL preference a some sort of guide? I don’t think so!!

This is annual event to get together for common minded people with few random perks attached, not competition driven by greed for a free stuff or formal modder certification.

Happy to to discuss this further.
    Last edited by DazMode; 12-11-2018, 05:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Francois
    replied
    Originally posted by bms97 View Post

I was actually wondering that too. Would be nice to hear some feedback on our builds so we know what to improve for next time out
    IT would be extra work for them and they would have to re evaluate all of our work, but it would be useful for sure !

Leave a comment:

• bms97
    replied
    Originally posted by Markes12344 View Post
    Curiosity thought, now that comp is over, can each member ask judges one question?.. For instance I would like to know what is the #1 like and #1 disslike in a build log?
    I was actually wondering that too. Would be nice to hear some feedback on our builds so we know what to improve for next time out

Leave a comment:

• Markes12344
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cyclops
    replied
    Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
    Super fun builds all round. Congrats to the winners!!

Super Special Short Bus High Five to Cyclops for being a cool dude all round.

.... and ya. Next year. My turn.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Tpbmods
    replied
    Originally posted by Grinder View Post

Great idea! I wonder if it will help...
    I started in Sept, Westcoast living and no workshop means I rely solely on good weather.

Leave a comment:

• Grinder
    replied
    Originally posted by DazMode View Post

you can start Jan 1st and just save pictures till September.
    Great idea! I wonder if it will help...

Leave a comment:

• DazMode
    replied
    Originally posted by Grinder View Post
    Awesome! Congratulations to all the competitors on their fine builds, particularly to Seboo and Kaidis86! Thanks to all who made this possible, I am honoured to be in such fine company.

Next year I will try to finish with more than 4 minutes to spare!
    you can start Jan 1st and just save pictures till September.

Leave a comment:

• Markes12344
    replied
    Congratulations to everyone, I really have to give in and start using dies... I guess even if its only for the competition. Sure was a tough competition this year, i'll surly be back next year. Not to sure what I will be doing yet, but I hope to only step up the game.
    congrats again everybody, hope to see you all and more next year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X