Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overclock.net $10,000 Prizing | Interest in Grand Champion Series Event | March 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the OCN Forums:

Admin will be making a more official announcement shortly, but as a quick update we ran into some trouble with the venue we were planning with. Their rental rate for the venue itself was reasonable but their exclusive providers were coming back to us with ridiculous quotes. Just as an example their electrical provider gave a quote three times higher than anything myself or Admin expected based on our past experiences with other venues and providers. Needless to say talks have more or less fallen through at this point.

The official post from Admin will explain what our next steps are from here. Just to keep people from wildly speculating: yes we'll be postponing to a later date. Somewhere around the June/July time frame, just like the first Toronto event last year, would be a good bet but you'll know when we have an official date. Also, we're going to start taking a more structured approach to our LAN schedule so that there's less guess work involved for our attendants when trying to figure out when the next LAN will be.

Kind of sucks but at least I can concentrate on my wedding and honeymoon plans with the lil woman

Comment

someone's having a good Valentines Day at least.
      HAF932 Mods
      C70 Mods

Comment

Well I've tried up teen times to post OCN' Admins offical post here but this site keeps throwing an internal server error.
        I can make very short posts only.

Hey Guys!
        Unfortunately, March 16th and March 23rd just don't look like they are going to work.

A little more detail:
        - We contacted many great venues. Some were available during those dates and things looked very promising.
        - One of the venues really impressed us and was our number one selection. The prices appeared to be workable.
        Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Continued

- After recieveing the quotes from their exclusive AV company, it no longer looks doable. For reference, the AV would have cost 7 times more than our last event. It would have blown our budget.
          So what's next?

- We are planning on an even larger upcoming event with $15,000 in prizing. We will have the venue and pricing secured before posting an interest thread this time

- We are working with eSportsCanada to setup MONTHLY online tournaments. We hope our first event will be in March. More news to come.

To say sorry...

- We know many of you were as excited about this possible event as we were. We put a lot of work into it already and it always sucks when you have to come to terms with it not coming to frutition (for now). So, we will be randomly giving out $1,500 (15 x $100) in paypal prizes to people who voted in the poll in this thread before the time of this post. We are just doing the DB pull now. Winners will be announced shortly.

Sorry again guys. Our next one will be bigger and better than ever.

Comment

So why couldn't I post that all in just one cut and paste????

Comment

ya... that is weird... I think we've seen this before.
              I can't even moderate to merge your posts.

maybe the back end is smart enough to not like OCN copyright content
              HAF932 Mods
              C70 Mods

Comment

Nah. thats not it.
                It's something in the server or site setup.
                The content posted was all pasted from OCN after being reformatted in notepad.exe so therewas no issue of bad character or wrong format of characters.

Comment

Wow only if i knew about this website back when I use to live in toronto..... FACEPALM

Comment

Working...
                  X