Ocn lan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

It was a really good event . I still believe that they should organize the event in Mississauga , Oakville area .
    I was one of the benchers . Unfortunately like last time the hardware did not want to cooperate . We had problems with weird cold bugs , BIOS crashes , one CPU was gone , and much more .
    Here are some pics :
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hur9dm9he23rcl9/Q8--UNttj4

Comment

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hur9dm9he23rcl9/Q8--UNttj4

Comment

I had a great time at the event got to see my friend Daz and gdesmo, I must have missed you Hooded but I hope to see you at the next one and maybe some more of you. I won a raffle for a i5 4670k so my winning streak is still going too lol.

Comment

Just finished editing video. Will post soon.

Got kind of sick yesterday, I think that was too hot inside ...
          Last edited by DazMode; 07-07-2013, 09:00 PM.
          Sentinel Build: Build Log,
          Venom Build: Build Log,
          Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
          Orange Build: Final Video
          HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

LOL I was the one wearing the black Millwright shirt
            Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
            OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
            Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
              Just finished editing video. Will post soon.

Got kind of sick yesterday, I think that as too hot inside ...
              Hope you are OK today, it was hot and sticky in there ! The air conditioning could not keep up with the heat load of the people and all the heat from the puters, let alone the brutally hot and humid day we had. was nice to go home in an ice cold car and be welcome to a blast of 67 degree air when I got home. Hooded grabbed a Gigabyte t-shirt for you Daz, I have it and will give it to you in the near future when I see you.
              3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Cool! I have GA board to review, so that will be right on.

I got home at 6 something and slept till 9 pm! Probably it was to loaded week in general :0

Comment

I was surprised on how little modding I have seen there. Most of systems were cheapest of the cheapest cases full of dust... I knew already that gamers are not my target group, but I did not realized to what degree they are not into that!

First flow was simply awful, second floor was little nicer with several decent systems.

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                    I was surprised on how little modding I have seen there. Most of systems were cheapest of the cheapest cases full of dust... I knew already that gamers are not my target group, but I did not realized to what degree they are not into that!

First flow was simply awful, second floor was little nicer with several decent systems.
                    Jeez , I watched your video and thought the same. "yea its watercooled H100." *facepalm*
                    Last edited by Neo182; 07-08-2013, 03:18 AM.
                    Nova Stryker / Asus Z77 Sabertooth | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 32Gb | Crucial M5 240Gb | WD Black | Asus R9 390 Strix | CM Storm Stryker | BP Summit EF
                    Nova Polaris / Asus Maximus Gene VIII | Intel 6600K | Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16Gb | Intel M2 240Gb | Toshiba 2tb | EVGA GF 1070 | Fractal Node 804 | Swiftech Apogee XL2

Comment

I hope by the next LAN my case will be painted, a friend of mine his dad does airbrushing so I have a red NZXT Phantom and I want some black skulls and use white to highlight it, maybe I'll be lucky and buy 2 more screens and I'll have a 5 screen setup lol.

Comment

It was nice and cool in benching area

Comment

Ah, welcome micul ! Were you beside hellscram ? I plan to take the IHS off of a Haswell next weekend and wonder if they have the same problems as the IVY's encountered. Have a 3770K with the IHS totally removed and was running a block directly on the die, 7-8 degree water temp got me core temps of 11-12 degrees using a dual Tec chiller. New rig has 6 Tec's and I should be able to the water temps down to -20 to -30 area. Cheers !!!
                          3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

yes i was beside hellscream .
                            I think Haswell has the same tim as IVY
                            If you want to try there are a few videos on Youtube how to do it . Only thing is if it's worth it or not . These cpus are a little bit more power hungry than IVY , especially when you overclock them . At -20 to -30 probably you have to take in consideration condensation to . In my opinion this Haswell architecture is something that you can pass it and don't noticed that is here.
                            As you probably could see at LAN we all had our issues with them . We had to draw our CPU's . I draw #10 witch had a cold bug at -135 . When i started to use it at -100 i already hit a CB . I had to keep my CPU under -75 so i can bench and i could boot at 5600 Mhz .

Comment

Originally posted by micul View Post
                              It was nice and cool in benching area
                              They should have had benching upstairs so everyone downstairs could of felt the benefit of the LN2
                              LOL
                              Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                              OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                              Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by micul View Post
                                yes i was beside hellscream .
                                I think Haswell has the same tim as IVY
                                If you want to try there are a few videos on Youtube how to do it . Only thing is if it's worth it or not . These cpus are a little bit more power hungry than IVY , especially when you overclock them . At -20 to -30 probably you have to take in consideration condensation to . In my opinion this Haswell architecture is something that you can pass it and don't noticed that is here.
                                As you probably could see at LAN we all had our issues with them . We had to draw our CPU's . I draw #10 witch had a cold bug at -135 . When i started to use it at -100 i already hit a CB . I had to keep my CPU under -75 so i can bench and i could boot at 5600 Mhz .
                                Did my first one the same week that Ivy came out, have not run one with an IHS yet so I don't think I need to see something I've done before.

Comment

Working...
                                X