Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To continue my march towards Zen2 I ordered 32gb (4*8gb) of Team Group DDR4 4000mhz CL18 ram today.

Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Intel i7 3930K | Crucial 4x4Gb | OCZ Vertex 3 MaxIOPS 240GB | WD Velociraptor 1TB | AMD r9 290 Crossfire | Win8.1 Pro 64 | EK-Supremacy | 2 x Alphacool XT45 360 | EK - FC290 | 2x Liang DDC 3.25 | Koolance RP - 401X2 | Case Labs M8 |

Comment

• Originally posted by drkCrix View Post
      To continue my march towards Zen2 I ordered 32gb (4*8gb) of Team Group DDR4 4000mhz CL18 ram today.
      I'm still waiting for word on testing and timings, particularly from G.Skill. I'm hoping to reuse RAM I already have, but I'm guessing I'll be buying new stuff, again!

Comment

• I'm looking forward to a cheap upgrade to someone's Zen 1 system :p 3770k is getting a bit slow

Comment

• Unfortunately it won't be mine

Putting my 1700 (once its back from RMA for the Linux bug) I will be taking it from my main floor tv PC and putting it into a (FreeNas, Unraid, OMV) build.

Picked up some surplus WD Red 2Tb drives from work and had a couple sitting at home.

Ordered a bitfenix shadow and a 650w EVGA psu to power everything.

Should be about 8TB total with 2 parity drives (not a lot by today's standards but plenty for me, plus the drives were free)
          Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Intel i7 3930K | Crucial 4x4Gb | OCZ Vertex 3 MaxIOPS 240GB | WD Velociraptor 1TB | AMD r9 290 Crossfire | Win8.1 Pro 64 | EK-Supremacy | 2 x Alphacool XT45 360 | EK - FC290 | 2x Liang DDC 3.25 | Koolance RP - 401X2 | Case Labs M8 |

Comment

• My Corsair RM750x has successfully performed zero fan rotations for 743 days.
            HAF932 Mods
            C70 Mods

Comment

• No one bought anything in 2020 yet? LOL! Ok, I'll break the New Years ice. I decided to get into a new hobby, 3D printing. I kinda went a little big for a first printer, but I didn't want to limit myself. Nor am I the type of man to buy something small, then buy a bigger thing later. I'll buy the bigger thing up front. Hence the Creality Ender 5 Plus, show next to a Lian-Li PCO11 Dynamic XL for comparison:

It actually prints very nice in stock form, but I already have plans to mod the ever-loving snot out of it:

Comment

• Cool and welcome to the most painful/annoying hobby on the earth!
                Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                Venom Build: Build Log,
                Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                Orange Build: Final Video
                HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

• Nice score Bart keep us posted on your progress.
                  Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                  OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                  Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

• Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                    Cool and welcome to the most painful/annoying hobby on the earth!
                    Good to know, LOL! Yeah with some models, like the Enders, it seems patience / tuning is required. I'm doing some stringing tests as we speak. If you want small detailed prints, it looks to be hugely painful. But what a RABBIT HOLE of a hobby. Learning the printers mechanics is one thing, then you need to learn all about the slicing software, then you get into filaments and the variations between them, and it goes ON and ON and ON! But I'm liking it so far.

Comment

• Well, my best PC hardware 'score' wasnt a new one. It was a water block. Not just any water block............let me tell you. We all have that favorite screw driver, PSU for testing, that pump/rez combo, or piece of plastic for spreading TIM .

First off, I am not a huge EKWB fan. That goes back to the days of another forum and an Eddie debacle. Yes, that one. Daz was there. Back then, I was quite satisfied with anything Watercool had over EK. Well, then came the launch of X79, LGA2011. The S2011 CPUs didnt come with a cooler and nobody knew for certain at first what water block going to fit it. EK was the first to announce a block for it so I bought the Full Copper Supreme HF. EKWB beat Watercool to it. I had ordered a Noctua D14 SE2011 to fill the void until a block became available (another stellar purchase, fits almost anything). I did however have my name and money on a Heatkiller at same time. When first available, a HeatKiller replaced the EK.

No Regrets! Simply the most valuable piece water cooling equipment I have. Busted benchmarks with it. Not only does this block fit any Intel CPU I have thrown at it, it performs at the absolute top. I have had it on CPUs from S778, S1151, S1150, S1366, S2011, to S1200 (w/options to fit AMD). S1200 being my present i9-10850 system prior to the present block. An EK Velocity (thats another story).

Well, long story short, a person would be hard pressed to find a better water block performance wise. It isnt too pretty to look at, but no whiskey or bag required. She puts out! Too bad industry went to aesthetics rather than sticking with performance. That goes for other the big player(s).

With some lapping, I have no doubt another water block, modern or not, could out-perform it. My 'go to' block. This baby aint going nowhere!

To the manufacturers: Yes, copper is expensive these days. But guess what? Some of us are willing to pay for it.

And hey, about EKWB beating you to the punch, where the hell are the RTX 3070 water blocks Watercool?
                      I am a Watercool fanboy. But Watercool let me down with the RTX 3XXX shitshow. Why do I have a colossal EKWB block on my EVGA RTX 3070? I can tell you, but hoping Watercool has a better explanation as to why I do.

Back to the topic. Here she is, patina and all.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210921_005523.jpg Views:	0 Size:	82.5 KB ID:	94798

Anyways, a few vodka and 7's, I am done. Just trying to livin up the forum.
                      Last edited by notgod; 09-21-2021, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X