Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RTX 2080 + 2080ti: Who's selling their car to buy this GPU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTX 2080 + 2080ti: Who's selling their car to buy this GPU?

$1300 for the 2080 and $1900 for the 2080ti after tax...
    $1100CAD after tax for a 1080ti on launch was already pretty expensive. Almost double this year is getting out of hand...

way to double the MSPR and not even justify it with performance numbers Nvidia!

Who is actually buying these cards? Seeing as how the clock speeds and performance comparisons are under NDA until the cards launch I can't see any reason why these cards would be worth that price.

Who's upgrading or who's getting a cheap 1080ti second hand?
    Last edited by Torvich; 08-24-2018, 07:31 AM.

I'm hoping that next year I'll be able to find a 1070 for under $300 to replace my 780. Or maybe if it does bench well, i'll drop the $650 on a 2070. Those top end card prices though, ridiculous.

Comment

Uhhh, no. The MSRP for the 2080 and 2080 Ti are $700 and $1000 USD respectively. Roughly equal to $900 and $1300 CAD.

As for getting a 2080 Ti, It'll only be 30% or so faster than my current 1080 Ti so I don't see the reason to upgrade just yet.

Comment

I will be upgrading, trading my 2 980 Tis to a friend for a new 1080 (will put that in my ghost S1 im building) and then buy a 2080ti once the blocks come out.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclops View Post
          Uhhh, no. The MSRP for the 2080 and 2080 Ti are $700 and $1000 USD respectively. Roughly equal to $900 and $1300 CAD.

As for getting a 2080 Ti, It'll only be 30% or so faster than my current 1080 Ti so I don't see the reason to upgrade just yet.
          Newegg and memoryexpress have the cards at $1129, $1199 for the two models of RTX 2080 and $1599 and $1649 for the RTX 2080ti. Then 13% tax so the 2080 will be $1300 and the 2080ti will be $1900.
          The currency exchange isn't that straight forward with these e-sellers. They mark up everything because they can.

https://www.memoryexpress.com/Brand/...RTX.Offer.aspx

Comment

Am going to be selling my 1080ti with a black EK block installed here once I upgrade to the ti founders.
            Blackout
            Something-New
            Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Cheapest for Ti is from nVidia direct, delivery mid Nov.
              Sentinel Build: Build Log,
              Venom Build: Build Log,
              Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
              Orange Build: Final Video
              HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by nass View Post
                Am going to be selling my 1080ti with a black EK block installed here once I upgrade to the ti founders.
                Dibs

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                  Ya am going to preorder the ti, be looking for a cool block and back plate
                  Blackout
                  Something-New
                  Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                    Well after conversion it is $1562CAD then $50shipping to Canada and $149tax, so.... $150 cheaper then the custom cards but still sooooooo expensive.

A pre-order with no actual specs available or performance comparisons for that amount is also really crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Torvich View Post

Newegg and memoryexpress have the cards at $1129, $1199 for the two models of RTX 2080 and $1599 and $1649 for the RTX 2080ti. Then 13% tax so the 2080 will be $1300 and the 2080ti will be $1900.
                      The currency exchange isn't that straight forward with these e-sellers. They mark up everything because they can.

https://www.memoryexpress.com/Brand/...RTX.Offer.aspx
                      Couple of things.

First, I can't find anything on Newegg.ca.
                      Second, pre-orders through third party suppliers will always be more expensive.
                      Third, those prices must be for the founders (reference) edition which are more expensive than AIO cards as well as inferior in terms of cooling and overclockability.
                      Fourth, wait for the the actual cards to be available on retailers then check the price there.
                      Fifth, Nvidia doesn't charge for taxes, your province does.

Comment

As for the specs, ASUS has already announced their RTX line up:

https://www.pcper.com/news/Graphics-...-2080-Graphics

Comment

I wouldn't touch this overpriced crap for free.

Comment

not sure what the retailers (third party) are asking but $1241 cad delivered for the founders 2080ti, am in. my 1080 cost me over a grand first month it was out, had mine for about 4-5 months before anyone else did.

Every year people always whine about the cost and then later upgrade anyway. My son keeps reminding me that 7nm wont be long now before it is released since this is such a later release compared to norm. He has a point really. But you guys know me never been a wait and see guy, patience being my middle name, ya no.

Think will order it anyway, find me a cool block/back plate for this beast Daz..
                            Blackout
                            Something-New
                            Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

guess u need to be faster on the preorder, already gone on there site, lol just the 2080 left. Wonder how many they had to sell of the ti's?

Might be waiting for 7nm after all.
                              Last edited by nass; 08-23-2018, 09:16 AM.
                              Blackout
                              Something-New
                              Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Working...
                              X