EKWB Quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EKWB Quality

Ive recently bought a few EK related items and almost every one has some issues, some minor and some bigger and Im personally not buying anything EK related again if I can help it as Im tired of spending a lot of money on brand new shit that I cant use largely because its defective or some other issue out of my control. Im just curious what others here think about EK and wondering if mine are isolated incidents which could be as I have a knack for receiving defective merch, or if there is a issue with EK and their quality control?

Just want it clear I'm not blaming DazMode for any of this as they are just selling sealed boxes from EK. My problems with EK products aside, DazMode has been awesome to me since I started buying from them earlier this year.

Cheers,
    -dave

I already have the same bad luck at you. I don't use the brand anymore as result. You should look at heatkiller, for some reason its similar or less than ekwb but is known for its quality and top looks.

Comment

I bought a lot of EK stuff and never had a problem with them. 4 builds of CPU waterblock, GPU waterblocks, RAM waterblocks, some fittings, tubing... never had an issue.
      Bad luck is striking on you, or good luck is on me :/

Comment

Statistically speaking EK parts are not bad. More issues than Bitspower or Watercool, but still rather low. It tems of overall refinement Ek more like any mainstream, while Bits and Watercool are exclusive products with corresponding price tag.

There are plenty of much worse brands, like XSPC and Primochill or Chinese sellers with defect as high as 50-70%.
        Last edited by DazMode; 11-28-2018, 07:15 PM.
        Sentinel Build: Build Log,
        Venom Build: Build Log,
        Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
        Orange Build: Final Video
        HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
          Statistically speaking EK parts are not bad. More issues than Bitspower or Watercool, but still rather low. It tems of overall refinement Ek more like any mainstream, while Bits and Watercool are exclusive products with corresponding price tag.

There are plenty of much worse brands, like XSPC and Primochill or Chinese sellers with defect as high as 50-70%.
          Yes that is true, I did talk with EK but they said to RMA it to you and they would work to resolve it but I told them no as by the time I factored in all the shipping back and forth including the original shipping I would be paying well over $100 for a part that I think is around $36 and just not worth the time and money. As you pointed out and as I do with most things I buy Ill just save up till I can buy the better or top quality parts and hopefully avoid future problems with bad parts.

Hey Daz if you chime in here again, what are your thoughts and anyone else for that matter on Singularity Computers cooling parts like pump mods and reservoirs as far as quality goes? Ive read a lot of good things about them but mostly from online influencers and not real people using the products.

-dave

Comment

Little of mixed bag about acrylic parts. Had to replace a few cracked reservoirs and tops.

Comment

Originally posted by Seboo View Post
              I bought a lot of EK stuff and never had a problem with them. 4 builds of CPU waterblock, GPU waterblocks, RAM waterblocks, some fittings, tubing... never had an issue.
              Bad luck is striking on you, or good luck is on me :/
              I agree bad luck is striking on me possibly. However, it worked out for me in the end. I would always go with heatkiller if the price was similar to ekwb just because its one of the top looks for waterblocks design wise.

Tubing and Fittings are different story, i tried ekwb fittings and hated it. Its such an pain to unscrew and makes my dry hands crack even more. God know how many ekwb 5mm extender i had to buy because bitspower fittings will dethread EKWB G1/4 ports without them. Also its all about your budget. If you want to save, most go for mayhem soft tubing and barrows fittings. If you have unlimited budget, go mayhem tubing with bitspower (soft) or bitspower/mayhem glass with bitspower (hard). EKWB is in the middle and that the problem.

Comment

I have to post a follow up on this. I had contacted EK directly not long after I posted this about the pump top and told them what happened and also sent photos. At first I had sent them a bit of a nasty email and right off the start as I was admittedly more than a bit pissed off as this was my main rig that I make my living with and the bad top was delaying me working on my projects but right off the start I was always met with a high level of professionalism from them in their replies which made me quickly change my tune with them. After a couple emails back and forth with someone from their support group they ended up sending me a new pump top and ended up answering several questions I had about a couple other EK products I have and I am very surprised at the level of customer service I received from EK.

Also right from the start, even though the email I was replying to at EK was a generic support@... I always got the same person which I really liked as well, as they were familiar with me and my case and I wasn't passed off to 10 different people like some places where you have to explain your case every time. The very basis of my personal and professional business is service and although I don't expect anyone to kiss my ass I do expect a certain level of respect and service and when someone exceeds that I am generally very happy and remain a loyal client, and this time so much so that I would not hesitate to recommend them to just about anyone mainly because of their customer service which is almost as good as DazMode's service which is pretty hard to beat

-dave

Comment

Working...
                X