Buyer BEWARE - Primochill RFB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buyer BEWARE - Primochill RFB

Just a heads up to seasoned or new water cooling enthusiasts about the Primochill RFB or Rigid Finishing Bit. Now I can only speak to the 3/8"/12mm tool as that is the one I bought, but it is pretty much useless and don't want to see others waste their money on something that wont work. Below is a review I just posted to the Primochill site and not expecting them to let it see the light of day but I'm posting it here as I think there are a great bunch of people in here and Ive appreciated the honest input Ive gotten and want to do my part to give back when I can as well. I would post photos but it looks like the tool is cutting the tube flatter than the factory lol.

Cheers,
    -dave

Below is my 2 star review of the Primochill 12mm RFB tool:

Overall the tool looks like its built ok, I'm a little doubtful on the "Scuff-Free Spinning" as I have marks in the scrap tubing I was trying this on, but can not give it any kind of solid review as it does NOT work other brands of 10mm ID x12mm OD tubing. So far it does NOT work on Bitspower Acrylic or PETG 12mm tubing and also does NOT work on EK Acrylic 12mm tubing either. It seems the U shape in the base of the tool is far too large to make any kind of chamfer on the tubing and just leaves a flat edge. Better off with the standard hand tool or sand paper. The only reason it got as high of a score as it did is it is useful for taking off 1mm or 2mm of tubing at a time but you still have to use some other method to get a chamfer on the tubing as this tool just doesn't cut it (pardon the pun).
    The only other thing I can think of is maybe it ONLY works on Primochill tubing and if that IS the case then the marketing description on this site and others along with information on the box are VERY MISLEADING, because it leads the user to believe that it is to work on any 10mmx12mm hard tubing in general as no brand is specified in the description or on the box which I have right in front of me.
    -dave

I dropped Primochill long time ago due to constant quality issues and zero support. There is always small print and always user fault for any problem with their products.

Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Yes I have quickly discovered that. I did just check their site and was quite surprised they let my review go public, but that wont change my opinion of them or the tool I got. Definitely wont be buying Primochill any time soon

That is another thing I really like about you Daz, you are not afraid to call something crap when it is and refuse to sell crap to your customers. Im looking forward to a funtastic 2019 and continuing on satisfying my cooling needs through your store.

Hope you have a wonderful xmas my friend and a fantastic new year
      -dave

Comment

Working...
      X