Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tube amps and modern preamps ie: network, bluetooth usb file players.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tube amps and modern preamps ie: network, bluetooth usb file players.

Well still haven't grabbed a 2080ti so been playing with my audio stuff . I have a denon receiver running my living room home theater, a paradigm speaker package, cinema 100 I think they are called, 5 sats and a powered sub. Now movies/bluerays sound good but stereo music is lacking, it is OK but nothing to write about. That changed last night...

Usually am buying headphone amps this time picked a used Jolida hybrid tub amplifier for the living room, some serious power this amp has by the way. 75 watts a channel into 8 ohms manufacture says.
    So basically this thing has a toggle on/off switch and 2 gold volume controls, one for lr front and a separate sub or center channel, 3 amp setup.

So at first I was on the hunt for a preamp, not so easy these days as separates are a dying breed and or are priced for people with way more money than me. Anyway hadn't even checked this amp yet so connected a dac I have with a line level out, part of my schitt stack a modi2 and then preceded to get my speaker wires out of my receiver and connected to this new amp for LR channels , obviously these are just satellites no bass to speak of. Ok have some serious power now.

So I hit the net and start looking for speakers, we have a local 2001 audio/video here so found some heavily marked down floor model speakers, the paradigm floor standing monitor 7 speakers is what I settled on, man what a difference.
    These still could use some help in the lower end so will be hunting for a none powered sub, but what a difference for music.

Now my next thing is to get a dedicated dac/preamp and a remote would be nice. Figure you guys have been playing with your older amps and what not and maybe have some suggestions?

Main goal is usb files played from computer and bluetooth streaming from net or phone.
    Will post up some pics once some light is out if we get any today.
    Last edited by nass; 01-19-2019, 01:12 PM.
    Blackout
    Something-New
    Sma8-Caselabs

Anytime I read things like this I really miss my klipsch belles, huge speakers with huge volume
    Corsair 800D
    2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
    Software Developer

Comment

Working...
    X