A new Dave mini tech tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new Dave mini tech tip

So for anyone new to modding and/or in this case sleeving wires I have a tip that I do to ease the pain in sleeving.

First off when I go to sleeve a wire and if it is connected already to something, I always take a pic to identify what wire goes where (just in case lol)

Also if your soldering skills are not that great or like me, you are too lazy to change all existing coloured or mustard and ketchup wires to all Black or White wires before you sleeve them then I also have a tip for that. Often with sleeving two colored wires in one sleeve no matter how close you get that sleeving and heat Shrink tube to the end, you will almost always have a little colour showing through which can throw a hole build off and especially if you have an OCD how things are supposed to be. So I will take the wires and a black sharpie and colour the wire starting about an inch or two from the connector and then colour right up to the connector. This way from an average distance that you view a computer it will look far more tidy, uniform and not grab attention away from the rest of the great sleeving job you just completed.

Cheers, Ill post a pic below.

Below you can see the tiniest of blue and green colour coming from between the 4pin plug and the heatshrink tubing.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PumpPlugBeforeEdit-sm.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	87203

As I descibed above, I took a black sharpie and coloured in the wires to help give the build a little cleaner look. I also changed the White 4pin plug that came with the pump for a black 4pin connector.

Name:	IMG_7170smCloseUp1024.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	87204

I also usually colour in the wire on the pump side as well.

Name:	ColourInPumpSideWiresToo.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	87205
    And here is the finished sleeved wires. And I didn't go heatshrinkless on these as I didn't want to sleeve all the wires individually and I think sleeving to together in this instance will look much cleaner in the long run.

Name:	PumpPlugAfterEdit-sm.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	87206

Cheers and thanks for watching
    Your friendly neighborhood dave
Working...
X