Damode Packing Peanuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damode Packing Peanuts

If I had not seen it with my own eyes, I definitely would not have believed it. I saw on the main site that the packing peanuts Dazmode uses are eco friendly and would "flush" down a sink or can be thrown in with your compost!!

Needless to say with receiving my last order I was almost more excited to test the claims on the packing peanuts than the order its self lol.

So I took one of the peanuts in my hand and ran it under the tap in the sink. Almost immediately it started to, I can only describe it as melt or dissolve, almost like cotton candy when it gets wet. The cool thing was it left no residue art all on my hand which I thought was pretty awesome, so my wife walks in the room as I dump the entire box of packing peanuts in the kitchen sink and shes like WTF! are you doing!? HA HA the look on her face was priceless as just smiled with a huge grin and I turned on the water, putting the tap on spray and proceeded to essentially dissolve all the peanuts! It was so cool and it only took a few seconds before they all were completely gone with not a trace to be found that they were there in the first place. I did find it funny that when they were dissolving that they smelled almost a little like popcorn when I was dissolving them lol. I did also make a video of it because I thought it was pretty cool and I might re-compress it and upload later if I remember ha ha.

Kudos to you Daz for being so environmentally friendly with not only the packing peanuts but the rest of the consumables in your office and warehouse!!
    Besides the great service and top drawer support it makes me feel that much better placing orders with you my friend

-dave

Never tried myself, but took description from manufacturer site. We use them almost since the beginning ie about 10 years by now.
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

I can verify the awesome popcorn smell. I melt them in hot water to enhance it, LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
        I can verify the awesome popcorn smell. I melt them in hot water to enhance it, LOL!
        LOL thats awesome!

Comment

Daz fights climate change ONE ORDER AT A TIME.

I remember these from years ago when I used to sit in the back of my first computer store job with the shipper dude and he showed me these. I thought it was pretty damn cool back then. We talked about eating them for extra fibre

Now my 5 and 7 year old play with them, getting them wet and molding them into shapes.
          DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Originally posted by 10e View Post
            Daz fights climate change ONE ORDER AT A TIME.

I remember these from years ago when I used to sit in the back of my first computer store job with the shipper dude and he showed me these. I thought it was pretty damn cool back then. We talked about eating them for extra fibre

Now my 5 and 7 year old play with them, getting them wet and molding them into shapes.
            lol thats awesome. Not sure if I would want to eat one though lol.

Comment

Very cool. I never knew that. I mostly keep a few bags though for the odd need to ship something. Will have to try this with my next order though

Comment

Working...
              X