Acrylic Sheet bending tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acrylic Sheet bending tool

As the title hints to I'm looking for suggestions if anyone has come across an acrylic bending tool that I could buy?

For bending flat acrylic sheets up to about 6mm thick.

Cheers

dknourek at 6mm thickness you need to have a 2 sided hotwire bender, and that is definitely not cheap .
    what I recommend is clamping your piece down at the point you want to bend it, and heat the bend evenly on both sides with heatguns till its soft enough to bend.
    6mm, even 4.5mm is thick af for a DIY hobby bender

Comment

Originally posted by Tpbmods View Post
      dknourek at 6mm thickness you need to have a 2 sided hotwire bender, and that is definitely not cheap .
      what I recommend is clamping your piece down at the point you want to bend it, and heat the bend evenly on both sides with heatguns till its soft enough to bend.
      6mm, even 4.5mm is thick af for a DIY hobby bender
      Hmmm ok, thanks for the info. the one ill probably end up using is some extruded acrylic that's about 1/8" or 3.15mm. I figured that 5mm or 6mm was going to be a challenge but the 3mm, for what I need it for should be more than adequate. I had thoughts of buying the pre-built one from P-PCS but if I can source the materials then I can build one like that myself. Its more so the nichrome wire (I think that's what it's called) that I'm not sure where to buy it from.

Maybe amazon.ca? as I also am struggling to find a bloody Tap for the G1/4-19 fittings and that is the only place I can find that tap as well. I had no idea the threads on the fittings are based on British pipe thread specs.

Comment

Working...
      X