Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member/customer intro

Good day everyone!

New member here embarking on my first serious WC build in a very long time. I also just made my first and second purchase from Dazmode, and so far the experience has been great. My second order in is transit as we speak.

Bit about me: I am approaching the big 50, started my love for computers with my TI99/4A and been working with them as a hobby turn career ever since. I was born in Kingston, but after college I moved to Ottawa as there was far more opportunities in IT. I currently work in IT security for the Government of Canada.

I have been wanting to go back into a fully DIY custom cooled PC for some time, but finally decided to take the plunge. It will be a themed build "Angelus Sanguine" and will entail only rad painting as a mod.
    New system:
    Ryzen 3900X
    32GB Corsair 3200MHz Dominator RGB RAM
    ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB
    Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master
    ASUS Vega 64 STRIX
    Lian LI PC-011 Dynamic XL - Black
    Corsair HX1000i PSU

My cooling loop is a bit of a mix and match:
    3x 360 Coolstream SE rads
    Corsair pump/res combo
    Heatkiller IV waterblock
    EK STRIX Vega waterblock
    12mm OD Acrylic tubing
    Darkside fittings
    10x Corsair ML120 Pro RGB fans

I already have the fans, and a significant Corsair ecosystem (Commander Pro, Node Pro, Strafe RGB Keyboard, Ironclaw Mouse, ST100 Headset stand, Void Pro Headset, MM800 mouse pad). The Corsair pump was choose mainly due to its iCUE compatibility. I currently have an ASUS board and its the last ASUS I will ever own, second one to have serious issues with its own software, which is the reason why I own the Commander Pro. I also have the Vega 64 and have no reason to change so will just block it.

I have not worked with custom cooling for some time, so I am looking forward to the fun and frustration of tube bending. I went to AiO loops for ease, since I tend to upgrade a lot (I'm replacing a Ryzen 2700X), but that needs to change so with this investment my base system will be a long term build with the expectation every few years I'll change out my GPU.

Theme: Angelus Sanguine
    Loosely inspired by the Viking torture method referred to as Blood Eagle. The black case, I will paint my top and bottom rads white, and splatter them with red paint and using a wooden stick scrawl the "Angelus" on the top rad and "Sanguine" on the bottom. The loop will be filled with EK Cryo Fuel Blood Red. The RGB fans, when gaming I have them set to change based on Temps from green to red, but will play with what colour looks the best for non gaming and the theme. Probably the best part of RGB fans, you can really play until you find the colour you want for your theme. I know RGB is frowned upon here.

So long intro yes, but I jumped in big.
    I have known about Daz for some time, and when it came to finally do it, there was no other Canadian WC dealer like it so it was the obvious choice and with my first purchase it was less than a week from purchase to the box at my door. Smooth! 2nd order is in transit and if you remove weekends, will be same speed, truly great!

Look forward to being a part of the community!
    Last edited by Exmortis; 12-13-2019, 02:32 PM.

Welcome aboard.
    It sounds like an awesome build.
    Hope your planning a build log to share with us all
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Welcome, great motherboard choice! You will enjoy it. Latest gen Ryzen is quite a leap over your 2700X in terms of memory speeds. Looking forward to your build!

Comment

Welcome to the club! Great to see Im not alone with soon reaching the Five-Ohhhhh "50 " milestone soon. Mine is still a year away though lol. Looking forward to seeing your journey on your build though, Im loving the concept!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome.

Side note second order from Dazzie came and all was good.
          Little tip o the hate here, the packing was really good, the box was full of those annoying little bits but all sides and bottom lined with foam! outstanding!

Build begins during vacation break over new year, still need a few parts yet.

Comment

Just reusing some packaging. Normally we dont have this kind. Delayed landfill action.
            Sentinel Build: Build Log,
            Venom Build: Build Log,
            Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
            Orange Build: Final Video
            HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Nice to meet

Comment

Those little foam bits are kinda cool that Daz uses. you can either throw them in the recycling bin, compost or wash them down the sink Ive done all three but the sink is the coolest according to my son haha

Comment

Yup, and pro tip: if you dissolve them with hot water, it smells a little bit like popcorn, since the biodegradable packing peanuts appear to be corn starch based.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
                    Yup, and pro tip: if you dissolve them with hot water, it smells a little bit like popcorn, since the biodegradable packing peanuts appear to be corn starch based.
                    LOL they really do smell like popcorn. Was kinda freaky the first time I did it haha.

Comment

HAHA well I just had to try the hot water trick and wow, its true!

My ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB NVMe M.2 drive just arrived.
                      My Corsair HX1000i is on route
                      My Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master should arrive at my local CC this week
                      My Corsair pump/res combo ordered and arriving Tuesday.

Then the work begins!
                      I have to break down my rads, sand them and put the base white coat of paint on them this weekend. Then comes the red paint touches after a good long cure time.

Already getting antsy I have near 4k worth of parts, time to start using them!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	system.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	89947 Click image for larger version

Name:	system2.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	89946
                        OK some pics of my build. Seems I have so much going on 1000ml of coolant was not enough.
                        Leak test ran short since I could not fill loop.
                        I will likely do a partial drain and redo my drain, same location but change it from a 90 to side to 90 down with direct connect to fittings and forgo the little tube.

The flow meter is a bit heavy and causes the rotary fittings from the rad to GPU to sag, not sure how to fix that, but it does not leak. it sagged once it it was filled with fluid.

Comment

Looks great.
                          Well done.
                          Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                          OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                          Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Nice color scheme, very Canadian! For the flow meter, I'm set up in a similar fashion (same case and triple rad layout), I found that Barrow digital flow meters didn't sag my tube. And my tube run is quite similar to yours (build name is 'Indigo Violence', in the build forum). My flow meter is in almost the exact same spot. You could probably help it by adding some extensions to the bottom radiator inlet. I think the flow meter needs to either be lifted higher, or you need to re-bend the GPU-to-meter tube so the bottom of that tube is closer to the bottom row of fans. Build looks good!

Comment

Thanks I had to change my rad painting idea, I tried 12 painted cards and could not get the effect I wanted so I just went with white with red blood splatters or my scrawl.
                              I intend to have the board lighting to be low white light, and the fans I have yet to decide on effect and colour.

As far as the GPU tube, a small bend maybe the best idea, bring it down if I can to meet the flow meter.

Comment

Working...
                              X