No announcement yet.

RTX3080/3090 Canadian prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know EK blocks will be available, but I wonder about *good* blocks like Heatkillers. I expect you'll be waiting a few months for those eh Daz? Or is there any word at all from Watercool?

Comment

EK posted pre-order prices of their 3080 & 3090 blocks for Asus Tuf cards
      https://www.ekwb.com/news/ek-water-b...3090-variants/.
      Nickel - Plexi block - 164.90€ = $256.83 CDN
      Nickel backplate - 49.90€ = $77.72 CDN

Can you say F'n OUCH!
      Last edited by Hooded; 09-25-2020, 03:36 PM.
      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Bitspower has posted some pre-order prices for their Asus Strix and Tuf cards as well as nVidia Reference Design cards. Bitspower is also including the backplate with these blocks.
        Asus blocks $6200 TWD = $283.34 CDN
        Reference Design blocks $6000 TWD = $274.20 CDN

Comment

I can only imagine what the Aquacomputer one will cost. I've seen some pics, and it looks gorgeous, built in temp sensor / flow meter on a single LCD screen. That one should cost megabucks.

Comment

From what I've been reading all the block manufacturers are coming out with something special for the FE editions.

Comment

Those are some steep prices on blocks.

In other news, I've cancelled my 3080 pre-order after the disturbing news about AIB's cheaping out on the caps, which is causing stability issues with alot of the AIB Partner cards.

I think I'm going to wait this out a while and eventually buy a 3080 with a pre-installed block.

If you haven't heard the news yet, here's a link to a great summary video from Jayz2cents:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6bUUEEe-X8

I feel bad for anybody that fell for the scalpers and bought one of these cards off ebay way above MSRP.

-Mack

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
                From what I've been reading all the block manufacturers are coming out with something special for the FE editions.
                I have heard that heatkiller is not making founders block. Aquacomputer maybe same situation. If you have founders you can send to optimus and they will make you an block as they need samples.

Comment

This is the nicest looking Founders Edition block I've seen so far

Comment

Interesting design for sure. Wonder how convenient they will be with the terminal on the side like this. I hope to see some builds done with this soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Danny79-Qc View Post
                      Interesting design for sure. Wonder how convenient they will be with the terminal on the side like this. I hope to see some builds done with this soon!
                      I hope so but hard to say. Most of us are stuck waiting for GPUs rather than waterblocks. The situation isn't the best i will say, prices are higher than 2080TI blocks. I myself had my eyes on Optimus Strix Block but man they are expensive. Ranging from 250USD (Copper with Thin Backplate) to 380USD (Nickel with Thick Blackplate). EKWB/Aquacomputer/Heatkiller should all be in the same price range of 200-300USD (depending on backplate and accessories).

1. Only EKWB/Alphacool supporting many blocks.
                      2. Heatkiller is XC3 (reference) and one of the FTW3/Strix (results to be announced shortly)
                      3. Aquacomputer is XC3 (reference) and they just came out with Strix render
                      4. Optimus has XC3 and FTW3 Ready. Tuf and Strix is to come. - All that 2080TI research and people sending them samples allowed them to come out with block in time.

If i get ahold of even an Radeon 6900XT, i would consider sending it to Optimus myself.

Comment

Canada Computers starting to show stock available in stores.
                        https://www.canadacomputers.com/inde...%2C3_7&sort=3a

I see a couple different 3090's a 3080 and a 3070 in stock in a few stores in Ontario.

Comment

Yeah they are becoming more available. Lot more options though with 6800, 6800xt, 6900xt and 3080ti coming.

3090 is dead in the water unless you are professional that needs that card.

Deciding on GPU block will be tough since i am limited to three options (only like those three companies)

Comment

Working...
                          X