Price Gouging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price Gouging

Seems the shitshow with RTX 3000 has trickled it's way down to the 2000 series. I paid $722 for my Evga RTX 2070 (08G-P4-3071-KR) late last year from newegg. Not even a month ago, it was still relatively the same price. They now have that exact same card listed at $1064. This isnt only newegg. Retailers following MSI's business practices? Pretty sad. Likely aint gonna happen now. He will have to continue on with his GTX 1070 for now.

To compound things, I cant find the card in stock anywhere. Card is for my son. Plan was to grab a 2070 for now, then use the Step-Up Program to upgrade to a 3070 once available. I only use EVGA cards, and the 08G-P4-3071-KR's pcb is reference design, so I know I can get a Heatkiller block for it.

Can anyone confirm what other EVGA RTX 2070 cards share reference design? Also, no word in Watercool's site indicating if/when availability of a block for a RTX 2070. Any leaks yet as to PCB design on the 3070? Does it share reference design with the 3080's as some of the 2070's did with some of the 2080s?

I sent an email to Watercool asking about the RTX 3070 blocks. Hopefuly good news soon.

Those prices are from third party sellers, not newegg. Right now, Newegg has no 2070s in stock to sell so all the prices you see are from third parties.

Comment

Working...
    X