Windows 11 CPU Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 11 CPU Support

You guys seeing this BS MS is trying to pull with Windows 11 system requirements?

Gary Explains video have some good detail.

Time for everyone to contact MS and raise hell.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

At the individual level it isn’t so bad, it’s the corporate side that should be pissed. Lot of them use older pcs as they don’t need super high powered pcs. Not good time for so high corporate expenditures.

Comment

As an individual with 6 PC's running it i still an issue as only 2 of my 6 are upgradable to Win 11.
      This won't be good for hardware reviewers either.
      Is MS going to give me a grand/pc to upgrade them to be able to run Win 11. No. Guess it's not to great for individuals either.
      Bear in mind I can still and do run Win10 perfectly fine on machines that are 15+ years old. eg I have two x58 systems running i7-970 and i7-960 work just fine for surfing office apps and media streaming.
      Last edited by Hooded; 07-04-2021, 01:57 PM.
      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

I don't understand the need to "upgrade" to 11. If anything, microsoft decision to stop "updating" windows 10 is the best thing you can hope for, since it will be stable for the first time since its release. There has never been a better time to install and use windows 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
          As an individual with 6 PC's running it i still an issue as only 2 of my 6 are upgradable to Win 11.
          This won't be good for hardware reviewers either.
          Is MS going to give me a grand/pc to upgrade them to be able to run Win 11. No. Guess it's not to great for individuals either.
          Bear in mind I can still and do run Win10 perfectly fine on machines that are 15+ years old. eg I have two x58 systems running i7-970 and i7-960 work just fine for surfing office apps and media streaming.
          You have lot of PC’s. I keep myself to one pc and one laptop. At some point you can’t have so many computer running in the house.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclops View Post
            I don't understand the need to "upgrade" to 11. If anything, microsoft decision to stop "updating" windows 10 is the best thing you can hope for, since it will be stable for the first time since its release. There has never been a better time to install and use windows 10.
            It's called "latest and greatest" syndrome, millennials tend to be the most affected age group. I'm quite fine sticking with 10. Until MS decides to force people to switch over.

Comment

Working...
            X