LD Cooling weird prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LD Cooling weird prices

In my search for my next case I started looking at what LD cooling has. The pc v7 looks like a good option, but has anyone else noticed that it's 224 US at frozen cpu, which is where I would order if I get one I guess, because it's 400 Euros direct from LD Cooling...odd price discrepancy there.

Frozen CPU has gone under, don't order from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclops View Post
      Frozen CPU has gone under, don't order from them.
      What??? Dammit, I really had my eye on either the ld pc v7 or one of the test benches. I'm guessing ordering direct then is the only option now? Why is their site still up? That's not cool.

Comment

Case is crap, had them.
        Sentinel Build: Build Log,
        Venom Build: Build Log,
        Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
        Orange Build: Final Video
        HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
          Case is crap, had them.
          Ah ok, I remember you used to stock them, I figured they were on par with Caselabs (should be for the price they want) but thanks for letting me know. Maybe I will just save for the S8 test bench then. That should fit well for an X99 build.

Comment

Case is crap, had them.
            Hey, maybe this better suited to pm, but I was just curious, what don't you like about them? The more I look at the pc-v7 the more I want it, regardless of price, I really like the style. The few reviews I have seen are quite favorable. Is there something wrong with quality? Or just price to features ratio?

Comment

it has like 20 micro-screws for side panels... WTF with that? I love how I just swing my doors with Case labs.
              Having said that Price is great,because they liquidate dead stock. Dealer price is like 375US or so....I remember my cost was about 500 at old exchange rate.

Comment

It's very pricey for the basic case that it is. It's heavy as well being steel.
                Design uses a lot of screws and rivets..
                I won't say they are crap but I've never owned one either.
                Always seemed too over priced for what your getting.
                Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Case is alum!

Comment

it has like 20 micro-screws for side panels... WTF with that? I love how I just swing my doors with Case labs.
                    Having said that Price is great,because they liquidate dead stock. Dealer price is like 375US or so....I remember my cost was about 500 at old exchange rate.
                    Thanks for answering so fast. I know the old version had a tin of screws but the pc v7 has the 3 screws for the side panel. It does seem price is less than it used to be. Cost isn't really an issue. I just really like the look of the case and as long as their build quality isn't bad or anything it may be what I end up going with. I think it could be fun to stick a nice thick 360 in the top lol.

Comment

Hmmmm...turns out pc v8 would be the better choice but even with the cheapest shipping it would be 700 canadian and who knows about possible customs charges. S8 with everything I could possibly want is 640 cad shipped and that includes ups brokerage fee. I think that is probably a better deal. I have 2 months to decide lol. Damn my flip flopping.

Comment

Caselabs mate.
                        HAF932 Mods
                        C70 Mods

Comment

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
                          Caselabs mate.
                          Thanks ya, I've decided I'm going to do an s8s top window, left window ventilated with 360 om the side and my 240 in the flex bay, maybe they will have that as a quick ship by Jan 15th too, would be nice, pretty stoked.

Comment

Nice! Can't wait to see. What colour? I always liked the gunmetal, but I heard thats discontinued.
                            My Imgur

Comment

Originally posted by Necrodead View Post
                              Nice! Can't wait to see. What colour? I always liked the gunmetal, but I heard thats discontinued.
                              Apparently it's still an option, but it's already going to cost me between 650 and 700 depending if I go s8 or sm8 so I'll most likely just stick to black. I'll be ordering it January 15th and I won't be getting my cpu and Daz order until Febuary but I'll start the build log when my mobo is shipped next month. I promise lots of pictures as it progresses. It's going to be a slow go, I want to get it just right lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X