Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bungwirez
    replied
    cool. it really is easy to like this despite the pedigree.

Leave a comment:

• Necrodead
    replied
    I just bought a P5, couldn't resist.

Leave a comment:

• bungwirez
    replied
    one of my earliest cases was the Thermaltake Speedo. Enormous.
    kinda wonder where the hell it went to?

Leave a comment:

• dvnoakes
    replied
    If you did do a scratch build with an open frame and glass top that is a build I'd love to see.

Leave a comment:

• dvnoakes
    replied
    I don't mind them as much. They do have a lot of stuff to offer. I've purchased from them in the past and likely again in the future. I actually like their riing RGB fans, x9 cases and their fan hubs and controllers. I also think that the P5 case looks like it is an evolution of the Level ten case that has been a well known case for years. They may have gotten the idea to go in that direction from LianLi case and said it wouldn't take much to mod the level ten similar to that. If they did I hope they don't deny it.

I'm not saying they are good nor am I saying that they are bad. In my opinion it isn't nice to take an idea that was originally someone else idea, incorporate it into your gear and say it was your own idea all along. When accused of getting the idea from the other company they denied the allegation. They then had the accusing company write a public apology. They could have just said yes we saw something we liked and expanded on it.

Leave a comment:

• nass
    replied
    me personally wouldn't buy anything tt, even if they didnt rip this one off... but it will look cool all the same Hooded, I will be boycotting them till the end...

Leave a comment:

• 10e
    replied
    Originally posted by Hooded View Post
    Yeah well I got a x58 system with an i7-970 just sitting around not in use and have all the blocks for the board, VRM's Chipsets, RAM, CPU, and 2xGPU so I'm thinking this will make one hell of a Living room HTPC LOL. Plug it into my 60" Bravia TV and Home Theater run wireless keyboard and mouse.
    I think it would be pretty cool.

I don't think the P5 is a Lian Li rip-off. I think it is a nice product. It would go great with my RX 480 V3 radiator.

Based on your Enthoo Pro HTPC's nice aesthetics I think this would be a fashionable brother/sister PC that would be a conversation piece with the ladies

Leave a comment:

• bungwirez
    replied
    giddy up Hooded. don't be a slave to the angry mobs opinion of Tt

Leave a comment:

• gdesmo
    replied
    Will be awesome Hooded !

Leave a comment:

• Hooded
    replied
    Yeah well I got a x58 system with an i7-970 just sitting around not in use and have all the blocks for the board, VRM's Chipsets, RAM, CPU, and 2xGPU so I'm thinking this will make one hell of a Living room HTPC LOL. Plug it into my 60" Bravia TV and Home Theater run wireless keyboard and mouse.
    Last edited by Hooded; 12-07-2015, 04:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bungwirez
    replied
    very good Hooded. I was hoping someone would make the point.
    If you really need a wall mountable PC, with 480mm rad capacity.
    then the Tt P5 is for you.

Leave a comment:

• Hooded
    replied
    I personally don't think they ripped of Lian Li with this case. There is plenty of difference in the way the case look and function.
    #1 difference is the Thermaltake case is actually setup for water cooling non of the Lian Li are.
    However not actually having my hands on either of these cases I'm inclined to think that Lian Li with have better quality build materials than the Thermaltake.

Leave a comment:

• dvnoakes
    replied
    Cool looking cases! Just gave me an Idea on how I want to do my built in desk build. Hahaha. Now I'm thinking like Thermaltake!

Leave a comment:

• Chann3l
    replied
    Ya my wallet stays in my pocket when it comes to them. Of I remember correctly their old junkie all in one cooler used an aluminum block. Their new "full cover" gpu blocks are only full cover in appearance just as xspc does. No active vrm cooling.

Leave a comment:

• nass
    replied
    Easiest way to fix them is too not buy there stuff period. They don't sell things, is easy, they die... The community should stick together on this kinda stuff. Company's like this don't deserve to be in business. This is not a situation that they go to an oem and re-brand, this is just a rip off...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X