Core P5 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
    There are a couple build logs using Core P5 check them out.
    Yup, just browse the build log forum and you'll find several P5 builds.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
      Yup, just browse the build log forum and you'll find several P5 builds.
      I perfer to think of it as "P5 owners club" rather than Dazmode now.
      My Imgur

Comment

lol, maybe caselabs owners club, parvum owners club, Tt u know how I feel about them...Even though the p5 is nice is the point that there company suck's... People seem to have short memories I notice.
        Blackout
        Something-New
        Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Originally posted by nass View Post
          lol, maybe caselabs owners club, parvum owners club, Tt u know how I feel about them...Even though the p5 is nice is the point that there company suck's... People seem to have short memories I notice.
          I've never historically been a huge TT fan but gotta give credit where it is due. The P5 is a well built and unique chassis, yes I know Lain-LI has a wall mount chassis but with the exception of the fact they can both be wall mounted there is little else similar. Why not give credit where it's due? If CaseLabs or Parvum makes a mis-step will you forever rule them out? Just saying sometimes a quality product is a quality produce regardless of who stamps their name on it. Is the P5 perfect? far from it but its still a pretty impressive chassis.

Now all that being said there is no comparing Parvum or Caselabs cases to TT cases (Even the p5), they are in a league of their own (and that is pretty accurately reflected in their price)

Comment

wasn't actually talking about the p5 and lian li, all the other stuff, caselabs (even though they got an apology), ek water blocks, swiftech cpu water blocks basically any company that was popular they copied... Your right the p5 is a nice case, that being said the company still sucks... Caselabs , Parvum, your right are more expensive, different materials make a big difference in cost. Anyway am not worried about the other company's, Just repeating what Tt has done in the recent past, it wasn't a mistake... Beside's this is old news now it seems.

Not knocking the p5, for the money is a good case, but still won't forget what they did... Nor should the community really.
            Last edited by nass; 01-21-2016, 10:05 PM.
            Blackout
            Something-New
            Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

I don't believe in thinking ill of a whole company because they are made up of lots and lots of people. Sure, the DESIGN side of TT copied some stuff, but that doesn't mean the workers in the factory, or even other departments are at fault within TT. Even with the whole 'copying' debacle last year I, personally, didn't think that TT really did anything wrong. I agree the cases looked very similar and that it wasn't a nice thing to do, but I also agree that there isn't so many ways to make a metal box look overlymuch different.

Caselabs as a small company is really what this was about because if you copy another huge companies case, like the fractal case for example, someone would make a comment and then move on, people buy whatever case they pefer becasue the prices are very similar anyways.

But with caselabs they are a small organization so they were threatened by a much larger company undercutting them with essentially the same product. (note that all computer cases are, in fact, essentially the same product. ie, you put a motherboard, psu etc. inside)

Why Caselabs didn't have a patent? I think it was something along the lines of you can't patent a box.

In the end CL and the community over-reacted; TT may hurt their operation slightly at the time of releasing the case, but CL offers a much more complete product that the people who do buy their cases are already prepared to pay a $500 premium for.

Don't get me wrong though, drama aside TT has some good products like the P5, and bad ones like their GPU waterblocks which I keep seeing people using despite the fact that they DO NOT COME IN CONTACT WITH THE VRM's and are therefore, NOT a full contact block. Now thats some shifty marketing.

Anyways rant over, I'm thinking of starting on my P5 soon as waiting on parts for other comp is getting annoying.
              My Imgur

Comment

Originally posted by Necrodead View Post
                I don't believe in thinking ill of a whole company because they are made up of lots and lots of people. Sure, the DESIGN side of TT copied some stuff, but that doesn't mean the workers in the factory, or even other departments are at fault within TT. Even with the whole 'copying' debacle last year I, personally, didn't think that TT really did anything wrong. I agree the cases looked very similar and that it wasn't a nice thing to do, but I also agree that there isn't so many ways to make a metal box look overlymuch different.

Caselabs as a small company is really what this was about because if you copy another huge companies case, like the fractal case for example, someone would make a comment and then move on, people buy whatever case they pefer becasue the prices are very similar anyways.

But with caselabs they are a small organization so they were threatened by a much larger company undercutting them with essentially the same product. (note that all computer cases are, in fact, essentially the same product. ie, you put a motherboard, psu etc. inside)

Why Caselabs didn't have a patent? I think it was something along the lines of you can't patent a box.

In the end CL and the community over-reacted; TT may hurt their operation slightly at the time of releasing the case, but CL offers a much more complete product that the people who do buy their cases are already prepared to pay a $500 premium for.

Don't get me wrong though, drama aside TT has some good products like the P5, and bad ones like their GPU waterblocks which I keep seeing people using despite the fact that they DO NOT COME IN CONTACT WITH THE VRM's and are therefore, NOT a full contact block. Now thats some shifty marketing.

Anyways rant over, I'm thinking of starting on my P5 soon as waiting on parts for other comp is getting annoying.
                I thought people complaining about the GPU blocks because they aren't full coverage was just people looking for something to complain about. Yes, they obviously aren't going to cool the vrms or memory sufficiently, but XSPC has been doing the same thing for at least as long as I've been water cooling. Not a fan of the way TT designers handled the Caselabs thing, but after seeing several builds on here in the P5, I can't say they don't make anything worth buying.

Comment

Ya maybe am just getting old and stuburn , sorry for ranting on your thread OP.

There will be lots of p5 builds, price is right and is a nice layout. Will look good in the end. It still is Tt though.

See on hardware canucks the w100 wp100 is being released now even with the changes looks pretty familiar too me... But guess is a square box still right and damn they have a base for rads. Lol.
                  Blackout
                  Something-New
                  Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Originally posted by Chann3l View Post
                    I thought people complaining about the GPU blocks because they aren't full coverage was just people looking for something to complain about. Yes, they obviously aren't going to cool the vrms or memory sufficiently, but XSPC has been doing the same thing for at least as long as I've been water cooling. Not a fan of the way TT designers handled the Caselabs thing, but after seeing several builds on here in the P5, I can't say they don't make anything worth buying.
                    Didn't know that XSPC did that. My 290 blocks from xspc do cool the VRM's, if they didn't that card would not be doing anything, lol. Probably not as issue for maxwell, but hawaii is hot!
                    My Imgur

Comment

Those W100 series are ridiculously heavy, the lightest weighting in at 68lbs.
                      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Necrodead View Post
                        Didn't know that XSPC did that. My 290 blocks from xspc do cool the VRM's, if they didn't that card would not be doing anything, lol. Probably not as issue for maxwell, but hawaii is hot!
                        Their new blocks I guess have active cooling but back when I was looking for something for my 7950 the block of course touched the vrms and memory but water only ran over the core. Ya, I had an r9290 and I used the aquacomputer block for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Estrates View Post
                          First post here bear with me.

I started attempting to do a build from a scout 2 advanced case to a Core P5 which I love, this case opens up alot of options

I want to go with Black and Red.

I want to use liquid cool (first time)

I live in Canada and having some huge item issues up here cant seem to find them locally anyway Ive been looking around and found a couple great ideas starting off with the Fan Shroud as per pic I would love to paint this a blood red but cannot seem to find any information on this shroud.

Does anyone know where to get these fan shrouds as per pic below ?
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]3726[/ATTACH]

Also looking for great modding online stores or local stores in edmonton alberta, Canada

Will have more on this build as I get items and progression with build

Thanks
                          Love it!

Comment

Working...
                          X