Anyone used the Core V21 yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone used the Core V21 yet?

I've currently got the Corsair 450 monster case and its just too huge, it's annoying me now

So I was looking at this smaller one: http://www.thermaltake.com/products-...?id=C_00002559

Does anyone have experience with it? My idea is to mount the motherboard horiz but I'm not sure if i should have the radiators on the sides or the top or.. yeah just not sure but I'm in the mood for a new setup.
    I'm also way done with the thick hoses I'm using now, they collapse too easy and bending is not really a thing haha. So I'm planning to return to the 10/16mm hose with the nice thick walls but still some flex.

Any thoughts?

If you're doing horizontal motherboard mount it's always easier to do the radiators in front and side but because you can drop them in to brackets on the V21 while still having the top panel off, it should be super easy to build in regardless.

Nick Blackwell on MOdders-inc did a pretty in-depth review and put a full acrylic loop setup in it, so you might want to head over there and take a look.
    DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Thanks for the lead, I'm going to check it out for sure.

As far as acrylic goes, that will be a dream for another day when I buy a whole new computer. I get too shaky from withdrawal if my system is in pieces for more than 1 day =P.

Comment

I was looking at the V21 because it has a lot of support for such a small and moderately priced unit. Probably go with 2x 240mm in the top like in the picture would be the best bet. I think I also saw a build with a 180mm rad and fan in the front. Side mounting may be hard if you have a micro board and not a mini itx.
        My Imgur

Comment

Just FYI sale on it at Newegg currently. $79.99 with a $20 mail in not a bad price.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16811133274

Comment

Dangit. Now I might buy this.
            My Imgur

Comment

Got mine at ME for $89, no shipping and no waiting <3

So I kinda ordered not enough tube but I had some lying around from an older build and got impatient.

Can confirm with horizontal mAtx board the rad's easily fit on the sides. Here is some badly taken pictures with sexy slippers in them.

Comment

Nice build, I like that you can fit so much hardware into these thermaltake cases.
                Isn't there normally a window on the one side where you put the one rad? Or do they make a non-window version I haven't seen?
                My Imgur

Comment

You can put the window on whatever side you want, the 3 panels are interchangeable.

I have the window at the top of the case now and the two filter panels on the sides. Just didn't have the panel on the top for the pictures, it would have reflected the flash and made them even worse haha.
                  I have to say this case is really nice to work with and you can put even more things in it if you wanted.

It would be possible to just barely fit SLI video cards in there with some fancy bends in the tubes and you can still put another rad in the front of the case if you are the overkill type. The rads in the roof wasnt all that appealing to me because tightening the tubes would have been hell. My fingertips feel like bleeding from the bit I've done today!
                  Of course my planning wasn't 100% and there are two tubes that's routed the wrong way around and I'll have to redo those at some point.

At the bottom of the case I have a bunch of extra tube and a drain port that can pop out the side and easily allow me to drain the system.

Another note is that mu PSU is massive and this case handles the longer PSU's with absolute ease. I honestly really liked working with it and apart from no CD-rom support (who uses those things anyways) this case is as close to perfect as it comes.

Comment

Thanks for sharing Lipe. for all the bananas Tt had last year, its good to see people putting together rigs with their chassis.
                    HAF932 Mods
                    C70 Mods

Comment

Working...
                    X