I saw this today and thought the more adventurous folk here would like it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw this today and thought the more adventurous folk here would like it

To me this looks like something that could be made into awesome with lots of money and work and time.

http://www.techspot.com/news/63897-b...dream-box.html

What do you lot figure?

Wow that is a totally cool idea.
    I need to find more detailed info on the materials used and dimensions.
    Last edited by Hooded; 02-25-2016, 08:07 PM.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

It's pretty cool with the aluminum grooved pipe similar to my square grooved tubing. Has plastic connectors that are pretty nice looking but I wonder how strong they are. Only 2 things bother me about it, one is that there is nowhere enough tubing and connectors to do a case. You would need a 2nd kit as well and also no panels is a biggie. At the price of 2 of these at 150 US and the panel costs you would be better off with Caselabs for sure. Still a good idea though.
      3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

I think where this might shine best is as a customizable test bench.
        Corsair 800D
        2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
        Software Developer

Comment

I believe you could buy enough Item (brand name for extruded aluminum) locally at a better price.
          Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
          OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
          Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Interesting but I would't say that the configuration of it is infinite per say.

Got me thinking though if you could run tubing through the frames that might have serious cooling implications.

Thanks for sharing that!
            The Ultra Fancy Build
            The Bluehawk Pedestrian Build

The Bluehawk Ultra Build - Retired
            The Fancy Pedestrian Build - Retired

Comment

Yea the cost and amount of parts etc isn't really great but its a decent idea.

Who needs side panels anyways, I think it looks pretty cool when you have it all open.
              Maybe one back panel just to stop things from accidentally bumping into the exposed pins on the back of the motherboard.

Always glad to get the creative juices going, I'll never have the time and money to do some of the crazy builds some of the folk here do but its always great to get to see their build logs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
                I believe you could buy enough Item (brand name for extruded aluminum) locally at a better price.
                Look for 10/20 extrusions on Evilbay, there are quite a few suppliers. Retaining nuts for the slots can be bought here in Canuckistan.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0167.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	76982
                3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Working...
                X