Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case Labs announces bankruptcy

"

We are very sad to announce that CaseLabs and its parent company will be closing permanently. We have been forced into bankruptcy and liquidation. The tariffs have played a major role raising prices by almost 80% (partly due to associated shortages), which cut deeply into our margins. The default of a large account added greatly to the problem. It hit us at the worst possible time. We reached out for a possible deal that would allow us to continue on and persevere through these difficult times, but in the end, it didn’t happen.

We are doing our best to ship as many orders as we can, but we won’t be able to ship them all. Parts orders should all ship, but we won’t be able to fulfill the full backlog of case orders. We are so incredibly sorry this is happening. Our user community has been very devoted to us and it’s awful to think that we have let any of you down. There are over 20,000 of you out there and we are very grateful for all the support we have received over the years. It was a great journey that we took together and we’re thankful that we got that chance.

We understand that there will likely be a great deal of understandable anger over this and we sincerely apologize. We looked at every option we had. This is certainly not what we envisioned. Some things were just out of our control. We thought we had a way to move forward, but it failed and we disabled the website from taking any more orders.

It was a privilege to serve you and we are so very sorry things turned out this way."

This is awful news How is everyone doing? I just scoured all the sites to see if anyone had a BH4 left for sale, and there's nothing anywhere. Was going to get one for next year when I finally replace my 3770 and 780

Ugh, this truly sucks.

Comment

You can thank Trump for this.

Comment

Damn, this is some bad news. I had always hoped to 'one day' be able to afford one of their cases. (actually the case I really wanted went out of production years ago) but this is really a shame since they have so many orders you know they didn't fail do to lack of demand or a bad product.
        My Imgur

Comment

This is a sad day for computer builders.
          This just the start some of the effects we are going to feel. Expect prices of everything to rise.
          Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
          OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
          Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Maybe I’ll try to upgrade sooner rather than later. Sigh.

Comment

Really sad and big loss for modding cmmunity. They were little wonky for past couple of years, but I could not imagine they can close up.
              Sentinel Build: Build Log,
              Venom Build: Build Log,
              Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
              Orange Build: Final Video
              HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

So sad to see this. I too was hoping to one day get a case-labs case.

Comment

ya just heard about this today, have 3 caselabs with no builds in them but does suck, tariff's he was talking about are from Canada?
                  Blackout
                  Something-New
                  Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Ah man, the tariffs... John Oliver just did a video on the subject and how idiotic it is.

Comment

It’s not just Canada. There are tarifs on almost all steel, to incentivize using US steel, but that only served to drive the price waaaay up.

Comment

I'm looking for CaseLabs TX10D/W drop in top/bottom radiator mounts and covers (three venting hole groups on top, looking for 150mm deep top to cover fat radiators).
                        Will also buy pedestal base assemblies (4U rack ears on the rear, 2x caselabs special mounts in front). Any hope they will unload their residual inventory or stop moping and get back into some kind of new and improved business?
                        Last edited by drdbkarron; 08-22-2018, 08:16 PM. Reason: terrible speller

Comment

Working...
                        X