mATX cases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mATX cases?

What's good these days? I've never succeeded in finding a BH4, but looking at going slightly bigger than my current Fractal Node 304. Wanting to upgrade to Zen2 when it comes out, but I don't want to stay mITX.

Wow does everything only support 1 x 3.5" Drive nowadays?

Comment

I was heavily considering mATX before I went itx with the last build. I really like the looks of the corsair 280x and I've always liked the phanteks evolv series. I have the ATX but there is an mATX as well.
      My Imgur

Comment

Hey Kennah, one thing you have to keep in mind is that so far most AM4 M-ATX boards outside of a few have had sub-par VRM quality and amount. The MSI Mortar and Mortar Titanium B450M were considered pretty good, but outside of that it gets pretty average to sub-par. I tried the MSI Bazooka V2 and sent it back due to crappy Nikos VRMs on that board.

Unfortunately to get good VRMs either end up at ATX or Mini ITX. It makes zero sense to me because M-ATX is the best platform. Now if you aren't going into 8 cores plus and overclocking most boards should be fine, but buyer beware.

And unfortunately outside of some older Micro ATX like the Corsair 350D and Fractal Arc Mini R2 and Core 1500 most M-ATX these days are 3.5" x 1. Parvum used to as well with the S1.0 and later, and still does with the S2.5 it seems. The Define C Mini and Meshify C Mini do as well but fitting a loop in either is quite the not-so-fun challenge and yet they'll fit stupid large air coolers. Go figure.
        DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Yeah, thanks for the info. Not going to be overclocking, nor will I be going custom loop. I guess I could replace my 1tb hard drives with something bigger. Kids will need hand me downs soon.

Comment

The Meshify C MINI might be a good choice then. It can easily fit the largest coolers from Be Quiet, Noctua and CryoRig and can take 2 3.5" disks in the bottom hard disk cage and 3x2.5"in the single unit multi disk tray above. It is very compact with great airflow and pretty good cable management.

My only quibble with the Meshify is there is no PCI-E cable hole in the shroud so you end up going through the grommets, but hey nothing is perfect The bottom disk cage can be shifted back and forth to accommodate larger power supplies, but I'd stay with 160-170mm or shallower to be safe. Once you hit 180mm you will be getting close.

For the money I find it to be a typical Fractal case: well-built and well-designed. And if you punch the front mesh out of frustration no one will be any the wiser because it looks like someone already did that.

DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Do you want mine BH4 in Green... ? Dont think I ever use it.
              Sentinel Build: Build Log,
              Venom Build: Build Log,
              Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
              Orange Build: Final Video
              HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

YES YES YES 100 times yes!

Comment

This is my go to for anything mITX / mATX related https://smallformfactor.net/forum/

Comment

Working...
                  X