Best ATX cases for watercooling in 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best ATX cases for watercooling in 2023

I've been using the Phanteks evolv for more than half a decade now, so I was thinking of getting something new. What do people like now? is there anything good thats not $500?

Of course there is the popular Lian Li 011 which comes in many sizes and colours. Don't kow how I feel about the glass front. and distro plates look col, but they are expensive and since they are essentially pointless they kind of bug me. using a distro plate usually takes a rad slot and even when they don't there is unused space where you could have a res anyways, so its not solving any real problem, which is why i called it pointless. I think there was an NZXT version that looked better too but I can't find it.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	O11D-XL_white_side45.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	95937

then there is the y60 i see a lot. not my thing.

Name:	71TuyBKv0UL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	95938
    I like the evolv X, but its kind of the same case but better that I already have. also can't find it in black, may be out of production.

Name:	11-854-112-01.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	95939

post your favorite case!

My Imgur

I had dual 480x60 rads on push pull in my Enthoo Luxe.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclops View Post
      I had dual 480x60 rads on push pull in my Enthoo Luxe.
      I do really like Phanteks cases, they are well built and have great features. I kind of thought the enthoo line was mostly lower end cases but after checking them out there are some really nice ones, like the Lux. I really like the 719 which is very similar. supports dual 480's AND 360's at the same time apparently.

Name:	81gALg+hx3L._AC_SX466_.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	95948
      My Imgur

Comment

I see the new Phanteks NV7 with 3 revers fans is to be available next month.
        Pre order was sold out today when I checked their site
        Click image for larger version  Name:	01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.0 KB ID:	95950
        Last edited by Hooded; 03-29-2023, 03:03 PM.
        Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

I saw this case and I like it but in the end I went with the 011 evo. Its overdone but the evo seems like a nice refresh, plus you can flip the mobo tray and I've always wanted to put my pc on the left of my desk. (and look at the underside of my expensive gpu blocks!)
          EK had their thick 38mm 120's on 60% off so I picked up 10 to stock the case. the physical cost of filling the 719 with hardware eventually put me off. it would have needed at least 4 more fans, another 480mm rad and probably just a bigger res to look normal. even then its kinda empty unless you put an itx system in the basement.
          I plan on putting 3x 360mm rads in with 3 of the 38mm thick fans on each. They are also pretty neat that they have a 0rpm mode where they can go off at low PWM signals for silence under low load. on top of those upgrades I'm also putting in 2 temp sensors and a flow meter from aqua computer that should work with the CH6 mobo. I've always wanted to set the fans to the liquid temp and not just the cpu. flowmeter because... it has a flow meter header i guess?

Name:	31LYY8JUM2L._SL500_.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	95952

Name:	ek-meltemi_120_720.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	95953
          also any suggestions for controlling 10 PWM fans?
          they are 12v 1.6w so thats ~0.13333333 amps. If a fan header does 1 amp I can put, 6, almost 7 on one header? that doesn't seem right, does it?

My Imgur

Comment

Getting my NV7 next week. with a dozen fans. 6 are reversed.
            $800 CDN shipped directly from Phanteks.
            Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
            OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
            Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
              Getting my NV7 next week. with a dozen fans. 6 are reversed.
              $800 CDN shipped directly from Phanteks.
              thats a lotta fans! hope you show some pics when you finish the build.
              My Imgur

Comment

Not wanting to open up a new thread on the same topic,

I am also looking for a new case with the plan of putting in a nice custom loop (currently just air cooled) and I am looking at 7000D, NV7 and a few others.

What are people thoughts on the 7000D? Hooded How do you like the NV7?

Cheers,

Chris
                Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Intel i7 3930K | Crucial 4x4Gb | OCZ Vertex 3 MaxIOPS 240GB | WD Velociraptor 1TB | AMD r9 290 Crossfire | Win8.1 Pro 64 | EK-Supremacy | 2 x Alphacool XT45 360 | EK - FC290 | 2x Liang DDC 3.25 | Koolance RP - 401X2 | Case Labs M8 |

Comment

7000D claims it can fit 3x 360 rads but I would say only 2 will actually fit. but it may actually fit a 360 and a 420. seems pretty good for airflow, so if you just want 2 rads looks pretty solid. I like corsair's triangle mesh look.
                  My Imgur

Comment

Working...
                  X