My First Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Build

So im home from work today thanks to H Sandy, thought id post some pics and ask some questions for the future. This went from a first pc build with 7 case fans to my first liquid cooled rig. I had a blast doing it, big props to daz's youtube channel for giving me the lowdown on every step of the process (you are the man DAZ!). This was my little project for about 2-3 weeks, slowed by a mobo destroyed by static im guessing.

CASE
    Azza Solano 1000
    MOBO
    990FXA-UD7 (somehow killed a UD3 in the process of building, replaced it with the UD7 and water cooled the NB and VRM)
    CPU
    AMD Phenom 1090T
    LIQUID LOOP
    1. EK Ultimate Performance CoolStream 120 XTX Series Liquid Cooling Radiator (EK-CoolStream RAD XTX (120))
    2. Swiftech MCP355 PUMP
    3. EK Dual Bay SPIN Reservoir w/ Flow Meter - Acetal White
    4. EK Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7 Full Board Cooling Block Kit - Nickel Plated
    5. EK Supremacy Universal CPU Liquid Cooling Block - Nickel
    6. Koolance CHC-125 Water Block (Southbridge)

Some Feser Tubing 3/8" ID UV Reactive Blue
    PrimoChill ICE Non-Conductive Liquid Cooling Fluid UV Electric Blue
    (Ive got a few UV cold cathodes on the way)

So for next year ill be getting a new CPU (steamroller if i can hold out), and a new gpu with waterblock prebuilt..
    but im not sure if i should get a better pump or a secondary pump for that.
    I assume ill have to get another radiator for sure,but i already know ill have trouble fitting the thing in there (ive got a push/pull setup its pretty huge) and i had to remove a whole 4 pack hdd bay to get the existing one in, maybe if i attach them together? any thoughts?

My rig as it is now, ive never seen a temp higher than 33C and thats after several hours on full load so that is fairly decent, right?

Here are some pics, please excuse the dust and poor cable management (this is a work in progress) nothing like some of the builds ive seen on the forum just whoa

please comment with suggestions, questions and comments i would love some feedback thanks!
    The Ultra Fancy Build
    The Bluehawk Pedestrian Build

The Bluehawk Ultra Build - Retired
    The Fancy Pedestrian Build - Retired

Hi Alex. Welcome to the Forums.

thanks for sharing pron.
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

Originally posted by alex5389 View Post
      So im home from work today thanks to H Sandy, thought id post some pics and ask some questions for the future. This went from a first pc build with 7 case fans to my first liquid cooled rig. I had a blast doing it, big props to daz's youtube channel for giving me the lowdown on every step of the process (you are the man DAZ!). This was my little project for about 2-3 weeks, slowed by a mobo destroyed by static im guessing.

please comment with suggestions, questions and comments i would love some feedback thanks!
      Alex!

I like your setup. Your pump shouldn't have any problems with the mobo, CPU and GPU blocks. I would probably try to squeeze in a 360 rad to compliment your 120. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with your case so I don't know it's dimensions.
      I think any load temps below 40 degrees is amazing so yours are stellar. I don't stress to much about cable management. It's an area no one sees and (at least in my case) you're always tweaking anyway. Keep us updated with any future mods, changes or upgrades!
      Last edited by bungwirez; 10-30-2012, 01:35 AM. Reason: removed originally posted pics...
      Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Hey looking good bro.
        I would be looking to add at least another 240 rad to your loop, if you can fit one in the case. A 360 would probably be better. The rule of thumb I've heard for rad to blocks is 1 - 120 per block.
        Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
          Hi Alex. Welcome to the Forums.

thanks for sharing pron.
          Thanks Bungz
          Last edited by alex5389; 10-30-2012, 11:35 AM.
          The Ultra Fancy Build

Comment

Originally posted by scaccima View Post
            Alex!

I like your setup. Your pump shouldn't have any problems with the mobo, CPU and GPU blocks. I would probably try to squeeze in a 360 rad to compliment your 120. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with your case so I don't know it's dimensions.
            I think any load temps below 40 degrees is amazing so yours are stellar. I don't stress to much about cable management. It's an area no one sees and (at least in my case) you're always tweaking anyway. Keep us updated with any future mods, changes or upgrades!
            aww man it would be really hard to squeeze another one in there i might be able to squeeze a thin 240 or 360 up top but i would have to bore my own holes and the fins wouldnt all get air cuz of the 230mm fan up top, i might be able to squeeze a skinny 120 in front of the psu possibly but those heavy duty psu wires really get in the way mayby with a custom sleeving solution??

would it be any use to hook up two radiators in close sequence kind of like two video cards might be in adjacent pci slots? by that i mean like straight up back to back maybe a fan between them?

as for temps i havent tried an oc yet, ive got a stable 4.0 that i should do a load test on..
            Last edited by alex5389; 10-30-2012, 10:43 AM.
            The Ultra Fancy Build

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
              Hey looking good bro.
              I would be looking to add at least another 240 rad to your loop, if you can fit one in the case. A 360 would probably be better. The rule of thumb I've heard for rad to blocks is 1 - 120 per block.
              Hey so this 120 i got in there is like double wide does it make it a 240 in 120 form?
              Click image for larger version

Name:	xtx_120_detail_800.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	74664

i thought it would def be enough for cpu and chipset?
              The Ultra Fancy Build

Comment

there's prolly not a lot of difference between that double wide 120 rad, and a slim240 ... for CPU and chipset they both work.

kinda complicated working in those tight spaces. maybe consider bigger box? lots of good deals coming up.
                HAF932 Mods
                C70 Mods

Comment

kinda complicated working in those tight spaces. maybe consider bigger box? lots of good deals coming up.
                  this WAS a pain because i had not intended this case to be for a liquid cooled rig, i am kind of reluctant to spend money on another case tho because i would be kind of a waste. i was hoping to do a mineral oil submersed project next and this case would just sit there. how good of a deal are we talking?

someone was telling me that a 200mm rad would fit on a 230mm fan, know anything about that?
                  The Ultra Fancy Build

Comment

Not sure where you can get a 200mm rad. A good thing about getting a new (bigger) case is that in the future, with any additions or upgrades, your new case would handle it. You could always sell the old case to help pay for the new one. With Christmas around the corner, I'm sure you will be able to get a bigger case cheaper than you think.
                    Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Originally posted by scaccima View Post
                      Not sure where you can get a 200mm rad. A good thing about getting a new (bigger) case is that in the future, with any additions or upgrades, your new case would handle it. You could always sell the old case to help pay for the new one. With Christmas around the corner, I'm sure you will be able to get a bigger case cheaper than you think.
                      phobya actually makes one and it kinda looks like it has an adapter bracket.

what kind of case would you guys recommend?

i know you guys have seen snef's CaseLabs M8 build holy crap btw i would kill for something that offers complete freedom like that but maybe a middle ground..

if not ill wait a while i might ditch amd eventually anyway if they dont get it together,, maybe go with the m8 for an intel build some years down the line...
                      Last edited by alex5389; 10-30-2012, 11:36 AM.
                      The Ultra Fancy Build

Comment

Yeah ncix had some 50$ off case not to long ago ended up being 9.99$. To bad they were sold out before i could get home was a nice deal.

Comment

I wouldn't go any smaller than a Cooler Master HAF 932. Here's a Tigerdirect.com link for full tower cases:
                          http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati..._160_6120_6120

Not sure if this case is your thing, but there is a review of it in this forum: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...393&CatId=1510

Here's the review: http://www.dazmode.com/_forum/showth...a-Genesis-9000
                          Last edited by scaccima; 10-30-2012, 12:09 PM.
                          Mario

Comment

first axiom of watercooling is, "this is gunna get expensive"

oil submersion case eh? just to say you did it?
                            thats a very end of life build. the parts submersed are never re-useable.
                            don't get me wrong, its a coolass project for the science.
                            but I wouldn't be putting my 3770K in that.
                            HAF932 Mods
                            C70 Mods

Comment

first axiom of watercooling is, "this is gunna get expensive"

oil submersion case eh? just to say you did it?
                              thats a very end of life build. the parts submersed are never re-useable.
                              don't get me wrong, its a coolass project for the science.
                              but I wouldn't be putting my 3770K in that.
                              no no you should never. i was gonna put my old 1090t in there after i upgraded and use an old dell mobo ive got laying around, basically i was gonna cannibalize a whole bunch of old pc's and make a little media center with like a pirate ship or somethin in it lol pretty much just a neat lil project.

i actually am starting to really like that CaseLabs M8 so i might just start saving now
                              The Ultra Fancy Build

Comment

Working...
                              X