No announcement yet.

Archon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wanted to bring this rig up to date. I changed my mind again I'll use the Gaming 7 in another build.

So I stuck with the X99/5930k/Vengeance DDR4, and went ahead with upgrading the GPU cooling with the EK full cover blocks/backplates/bridge. Once I finished rearranging the plumbing/hdd cage and moving the 140 rad to the front, it looked a lot less busy!

Pics to come shortly. I have to say, I know hardline is all the rage, but I still like flexible tubing!
    Last edited by Grinder; 01-09-2017, 02:52 AM.

Comment

• I posted this over at HWC as well. Trying to accumulate enough posts to use the BST forum

Here ya go:

Comment

• Ah! the IO panel Garage! ... third most trendy thing after RGB and Tempered glass
        HAF932 Mods
        C70 Mods

Comment

• Sorry Bungz, somehow missed that comment in all the chaos last year. Funny, my garage never looks this neat! I have never done RGB or tempered glass. Maybe I can find a way to use RGB in my MODell build

Over the years Archon has gone from 3770k to a couple of different FX-83XX CPU's to a 5930k. The last picture shows 5930k/X99-UD4/Vengeance 4x4GB DDR4-2666 with a pair of R9 290X's. I did change that to an X99-A II but didn't bother to post the change. However it is time for one last upgrade!

The loop has been changed from 3/8 to 1/2 ID, with Mayhems white absorbent tubing, and an EK Supremacy EVO replaced the Raystorm. I've added an MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X. And inbound are:

i7-8700k
          Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming
          2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200
          Corsair CS750M Gold certified PSU

I will move the X99-A II/5930k/Vengeance and likely the 850 EVO and RM1000i (RMA'd an RM1000 with a flaky plug and got an RM1000i back) to MODell.
          Last edited by Grinder; 08-29-2018, 12:49 PM.

Comment

• Here is a quick shot of the X99-A II/5930k/GTX 1080/RM1000i after moving to 1/2 ID. Currently using some white Ballistix DDR4, will probably change that to the black Vengeance when I move it all to MODell. I also removed the Lamptron Touch since the mobo had great fan control and a header where I could attach a water temp probe.

Comment

Working...
            X