Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More than enough. That should be good for about 2 to 4 liters
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Build looks great so far!
      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
      Venom Build: Build Log,
      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
      Orange Build: Final Video
      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Yup she is shaping up nice. What's the advantage of the petg compared to acrylic?
        Last edited by nass; 07-23-2015, 08:47 AM.
        Blackout
        Something-New
        Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Originally posted by nass View Post
          Yup she is shaping up nice. What's the advantage of the petg compared to acrylic?
          PETG isn't as brittle, its easier to work with (doesn't tend to get those micro spider cracks), but more difficult to clean up after cutting even with a Reamer / Deburring Tool.
          Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 .:. PSU: Corsair AX760 .:. Mobo: Asus Maximus Gene VI .:. CPU: I5 4670K w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Plexi Water Block .:. Ram: 24gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600mhz .:. GPU: EVGA GTX 780 TI Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block .:. Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250gb & 1tb SSD .:. Rads: Darkside LPX360 & LP240 .:. Fans: 5x Noctua NF-F12 1x NF-S12A FLX .:. Pump/Res: EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Comment

PETG tubing also has a lower melting point so you don't have to wait as long before you start bending the tubing. PETG is the same type of plastic used in coke bottles. So the durability is a lot better. It can also handle pressure which also prevents those micro cracks from forming.

Mounted and installed the water cooling block for the GTX 980 ti. Went smoothly.

I was not able to complete the build last night. Ran out of tubing
            This was probably because I was wanting to use bends for everything instead of using angled joints.

Lesson learned... Buy lots of tubing haha. One of the big problems going with PETG is that the only size available right now on Dazmode is 500mm which is just short enough that a single mistake can basically waist an entire tube.

Here is a pic of what the build looks like so far.

I am not sure I am too happy with this connection. Should I instead invest in some 90 deg angle adapters and turn it into a straight tube cut or leave it? Maybe flipping it around (flip the tube around 180) would look better...

Last edited by kabe0; 07-23-2015, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Finished the loop. Now going to try to add some water.

Comment

Very nice.
                Some cool tube runs there.
                Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

yes, some nice tube runs in there looking good Kabe0
                  Blackout
                  Something-New
                  Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Thanks! I am happy with the build so far. Only had two leaks which were just tightening issues so so far so good!

I have a friend that now wants to build their own water cooling system. Water cooling is kind of contagious haha.

Comment

love the plastic
                      Blackout
                      Something-New
                      Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Looks great and yes, water is contagious ! Everyone wants to pretend they are a plumber !

Click image for larger version

Name:	644279_10152057850818490_817317325_n.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	76793
                        3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Looks nice, My stuff shipped out from Daz on monday or tuesday but is still sitting with the shippers in Ontario >_<
                          Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 .:. PSU: Corsair AX760 .:. Mobo: Asus Maximus Gene VI .:. CPU: I5 4670K w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Plexi Water Block .:. Ram: 24gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600mhz .:. GPU: EVGA GTX 780 TI Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block .:. Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250gb & 1tb SSD .:. Rads: Darkside LPX360 & LP240 .:. Fans: 5x Noctua NF-F12 1x NF-S12A FLX .:. Pump/Res: EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Comment

thats weird daz shipping is usually super fast been using even canadapost and get the next day with in ontario though
                            Blackout
                            Something-New
                            Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Originally posted by Ryoku View Post
                              Looks nice, My stuff shipped out from Daz on Monday or Tuesday but is still sitting with the shippers in Ontario >_<
                              Wow that's incredibly slow! Luckily i'm in Ontario, so I almost always receive stuff the next day I order it.

Who you ship with?

One thing I learned with PETG tubing is it's a good idea to get some sand paper, 200 and 600 grades. Otherwise tube gunk might spread through the lines.

Comment

Originally posted by kabe0 View Post
                                Wow that's incredibly slow! Luckily i'm in Ontario, so I almost always receive stuff the next day I order it.

Who you ship with?

One thing I learned with PETG tubing is it's a good idea to get some sand paper, 200 and 600 grades. Otherwise tube gunk might spread through the lines.
                                Canada Post, usually pretty good with them, but they are ****ing the dog pretty hard this time around. It's also not just this shipment either I ordered some dirt bike parts and they've been sitting with canada post in quebec for pretty much the same amount of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X