• Time
  • Show
Clear All

ITS ALIVE!!!

Comment

Very nice.
      Time to get your game on.
      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Really nice build.

Comment

Looks great, you going to add any color to the coolant?
          Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 .:. PSU: Corsair AX760 .:. Mobo: Asus Maximus Gene VI .:. CPU: I5 4670K w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Plexi Water Block .:. Ram: 24gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600mhz .:. GPU: EVGA GTX 780 TI Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block .:. Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250gb & 1tb SSD .:. Rads: Darkside LPX360 & LP240 .:. Fans: 5x Noctua NF-F12 1x NF-S12A FLX .:. Pump/Res: EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Comment

looking good
            Blackout
            Something-New
            Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Originally posted by Ryoku View Post
              Looks great, you going to add any color to the coolant?
              I think I am not going to add any mostly due to the increase in maintenance needed to maintain the loop. However, I may get that IceDragon cooling at some point in the future (maybe a year from now) if things are going well then I could have white coolant.

Not a spectacular shot below but an image of the full case.

I am probably going to be building a water system for a friend who wants one. So maybe he will want his to have some colour haha.

Comment

Nice, I'm going to go Red to match the leds/colors on my RoG Mobo. But no matter what you should clean your loop every year or so (well everyone says that but whether they do or not is another story =P)
                Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 .:. PSU: Corsair AX760 .:. Mobo: Asus Maximus Gene VI .:. CPU: I5 4670K w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Plexi Water Block .:. Ram: 24gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600mhz .:. GPU: EVGA GTX 780 TI Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block .:. Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250gb & 1tb SSD .:. Rads: Darkside LPX360 & LP240 .:. Fans: 5x Noctua NF-F12 1x NF-S12A FLX .:. Pump/Res: EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Comment

Tubing turned out very nicely. Way to jump in straight to acrylic an kick butt!

I really like this case. If I didn't already have the R5 I definitely would have looked into getting one of these. The fact that you could put a 420mm radiator in the top in push/pull (with short heatsink RAM) is very nice.

I also like no optical slots. Watercooling takes priority.
                  DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Thanks! Yea the case was awesome to work with! Lot's of room and I did not need to even use a drill which was nice for a first time build. I would definitely recommend for anyone making a water cooling case for the first time and does not want a disk drive. I did not show the back but it was super easy to wire and had lots of room to manage cords as well as good strap placements.

Having a radiator on the top however is very tight. The larger problem is once you install a radiator it becomes very hard to remove the ram (as the radiator sites in front of it). I decided against having one on the top as I wanted to make the case as quiet as possible.

Comment

Some pretty awesome tube bending! System look great!!

Comment

I think I might change my loop a bit. The processor runs at about 65-74 deg and it's not overclocked. Graphic card is usually around 45 or lower. I think the reason is the front radiator is not able to push enough air out of the front of the case.

My solution is to swap out the single radiator on the side and replace it with a two slot radiator on the top. If anyone else as any other ideas let me know!

Comment

Ideally you'd want Rad on the top of your case exhausting since hot air rises, along with the rear case fan/rad. Then air intaking from the front/bottom of course you can have a rad in the front/bottom as well but you'd still want them as intakes.

Comment

Looking at your fans step I don't really see anyplace drawing fresh air into the case. You can't maintain a cool system only pulling air through rads. ou still need a good airflow.
                            Adding a couple fans to the bottom of the case as intakes would help drop your temps greatly. Or even just reverse the flow of air so your drawing air into the case on the front rad would also improve your temps. The air coming across your rad will only increase a couple degree's above the rooms ambient temp. Also try opening one of the top air vents if you wish not to add fans or change they're positions.

Comment

Yea I think my mistake was having not enough air coming into the case. Oh well live and learn

I will try swapping the fans around. The bad news is I set the radiator too high for it to work well as an intake.
                              Good news is the temperatures are not killer so I can do it a few weeks or a month from now and still have a system to use.

If I had a 3 slot raid on the top pushing out and a 2 slot raid pulling in would that be sufficient?

Comment

The 120 and the 240 should be enough depending on how hard you like to run your fans. Adding to a second 240 rad would allow you to run your fans at lower speeds/quieter. Even a single fan in the cases bottom pulling air in would greatly help to drop temp inside case.

Comment

Working...
                                X