"Grey Horizon" S8+Pedestal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool plates.
    Can't wait till march when you put it all together.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Very cool mod be cool once ya have it together.
      Blackout
      Something-New
      Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Nice!

Comment

few more updates. drilled mounting holes for res on top chasi and res. added soft grommet spacers to kill any potential vibration. installed dark side LEDS in res. and started cutting tube. should all line up good i hope. was a lot of measuring and if the top and bottom line up i'll be very surprised with myself

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0063.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	77427

Name:	DSC_0059.jpg
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	77428

Name:	DSC_0054.jpg
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	77429

Name:	DSC_0055.jpg
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	77430

Name:	DSC_0055.jpg
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	77430

Name:	DSC_0060.jpg
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	77431

Comment

That looks amazing

bad ass rig

Comment

Awesome!!! Can't wait to see this thing filled up and lit up!

Comment

You'll have to explains the fluid routing too then, looks sweet though nice mods on the routing.
                Blackout
                Something-New
                Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Originally posted by nass View Post
                  You'll have to explains the fluid routing too then, looks sweet though nice mods on the routing.
                  Oh it's entailed! So the left resivoir and pump / from pump down to plate from plate to mosfet block to Cpu to ran block to plates passthru down below into pedestal then back up to passthru closest to front rads back up to res on left.

Right res and pump / from pump down into plate over to underside fitting to right front rad then out rad to other rad thru rad out back up to bottom of plate then over then I have two 90s under bridging the loop back toward mobo. From the distri plate it goes over to the left gpu then the second then back out gpu to plate and routed to the res for return.

I'll try to sketch up a flow diagram basically gpus get two rads up front and the CPU ram and mosfet get 2 monsta 360s in pedestal. I have quick disconnects that I'll be able to unthread at 140 fan hole in lower psu side to disconnect the ped

Comment

Awesome planning.
                    Looks sweet. Can't wait to see this all together.
                    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

used the rest of my stainless today and finished most of the runs. still apprehensive to make some 90 bends specially in the shorter runs. have a instrument bender on the way and may try to bend the gpu 90s when i get my next stick of stainless. also took apart my 24 pin mobo cable to thread thru the mid plate and rewired it. she's coming along slow and steady. have my pedestal leak testing and need to still figure out a simple way of connecting the two.... think i got it figured out.

Name:	DSC_0080.jpg
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	77439

Name:	DSC_0079.jpg
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	77440

Name:	DSC_0073.jpg
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	77441

Name:	DSC_0078.jpg
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	77442

Name:	900x900px-LL-f3ed0a1b_IMG_8963.jpg
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	77443

Comment

oh man. that manifold with the 24pin cutout is super slick!
                        HAF932 Mods
                        C70 Mods

Comment

Couple questions for those following.

Of coarse I bought ek d5 pwm pumps. Well known I can't control thru my a6 any other ways to set and forget speed so they don't run full tilt? Hook up to mobo fan header and set thru bios?

My pedestal I plan on drilling two holes and placing grommets in the 140 lower fan mount and mounting it from the underside of my case. There will be two threaded quick disconnects on the bottom of distribution plate that continues the Cpu loop. Just can't think of a better way to make it clean but simple. I plan on running my solid half window door now on the psu side to hide some of the underside of the dis plate. Though it is clean want to focus on top half of Case.

I also disconnected the aquacomputer filter was way to many leak potentials in the ped and really it was only for asthetics never really used it specially with pastel liquid.

Thirdly I ordered a instrumental bender for the stainless and another 6ft of tube (90bucks &#129297 gonna try to do some bends on the gpu tubes. Anybody have experience bending stainless?

Comment

If you bought EK d5's with the 4 pin (PWM) header you can set through bios on mobo as long as you use true PWM port. Used to be only on cpu fan 1 but I think newer Asus boards have true PWM on most if not all headers.

Also build is looking amazing!
                            My Imgur

Comment

Oh wow that 24-pin cutout is super slick. This build is looking better and better with each post!

Comment

Also started a seperate Instagram account to log my builds. Look me up and add me if that's your thing I'll prob update more on there than forums.

SkeezersPcs

Comment

Working...
                                X