No announcement yet.

"Grey Horizon" S8+Pedestal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, pretty sweet build. I have a few questions about the custom acrylic work. Roughly how much for one of those distribution plates? Did you have to do the cad(?) drawings yourself? Are they pressure tested etc.? Thanks

Comment

I did it old school ha ha drew it all up on hardstock measured all the distances and did a lot of back and forth with jim at clockwerks .He is fair priced and competitive if not cheaper than others. And his customer service is top notch. Yes he pressure tests all his stuff before hand. Check him out. I'll pm u about prices
      Originally posted by Gutternutz View Post
      Wow, pretty sweet build. I have a few questions about the custom acrylic work. Roughly how much for one of those distribution plates? Did you have to do the cad(?) drawings yourself? Are they pressure tested etc.? Thanks

Comment

Yes. Jim is quickly taking over this business.
        HAF932 Mods
        C70 Mods

Comment

Originally posted by trestles126 View Post
          I did it old school ha ha drew it all up on hardstock measured all the distances and did a lot of back and forth with jim at clockwerks .He is fair priced and competitive if not cheaper than others. And his customer service is top notch. Yes he pressure tests all his stuff before hand. Check him out. I'll pm u about prices
          Also curious about pricing... Had something in mind for my next build that requires something similar to what you have.

Comment

Can't PM from phone for some reason. So don't quote me but jim charged a little under 500 for both the top reservoir and bottom plate. The material gets more expensive the thicker you go I think the res was a solid 1.25" thick.

Seems high but for custom one odd machines pieces I think it's reasonable. I know he has some man hours into both. And was very very thuro with communication on getting it right.

You figure some resivoirs are 100 bucks. To me worth it for what the finished product was.

Comment

Originally posted by trestles126 View Post
              under 500 for both the top reservoir and bottom plate.
              That seems completely reasonable for custom work, especially if he is doing the technical drawings and cnc programming on top of it. I am a machinist apprentice by trade, so I know the time involved for such projects. Wish I had access to a CNC to toy with.

Comment

Originally posted by Gutternutz View Post
                That seems completely reasonable for custom work, especially if he is doing the technical drawings and cnc programming on top of it. I am a machinist apprentice by trade, so I know the time involved for such projects. Wish I had access to a CNC to toy with.
                He really is good to work with sends all the cad drawings to you to view and make changes and frequent updates. You can tell he takes pride in work and I can appreciate that

Comment

got the rest of my stainless tube today and made the last few pieces. Filled the GPU loop up and started a leak test. Looking good so far. the D5 is running full tilt so once i get the PC up and running normal i will hook the pwm cables up to the mother board and turn the pumps down in the bios. 100 percent is definitely too much but 30-40 should be perfect.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	900x900px-LL-21d710a5_IMG_9193.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	77453

Name:	900x900px-LL-24af16f2_IMG_9201.jpg
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	77454

Name:	900x900px-LL-c16821cd_IMG_9189.jpg
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	77455

Name:	900x900px-LL-5353add6_IMG_9183.jpeg
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	77456

Comment

Looking awesome Trestles!

Comment

Sweet ! Love the stainless and the colours of the sleeving are great.
                      3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Very cool indeed.
                        Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Both loops filled and leak testing currently

Few more Got my pedestal all plumbed as well as wired for quick removal. Cut out for a grommet in the 140fan plate on psu side .used soft ek tubing with alphacool quick disconnects that connect the pedestal dual 360 rads to the CPU loop. Also my aquaero 6 is fully wired with the fan extensions USB and molex wired up to the other side thru a grommet so I can completly disconnect the ped and not have to drain

Lil leak test on the CPU loop. Just about ready to button this thing up.

Comment

thats freakin awesome

its tough getting from the pedestal to the loft cleanly

well done

Comment

Great stuff Trestles!

Comment

res's and tubing is amazing, very nice refit tres.
                                Blackout
                                Something-New
                                Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Working...
                                X