"Grey Horizon" S8+Pedestal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Grey Horizon" S8+Pedestal

Completly rebuilding my S8 as well as upgrading a few components chasi parts and adding a pedestal.

Components

-Asus ROG Maximus Vll z97 motherboard ( plan on painting red Ots black

-4790k i7

- dual evga 980ti upgraded from 780s

- evga supernova 1000w psu

Cooling

-Nickel EK supremacy Cpu, gpu and ram block

- 2x EK 240 PE radiators for gpu loop

-2x EK 360 PE radiators in Pedestal for Cpu ram and mosfet

-2 EK d5 xtop clear acrylic pumps

Case

-caselabs S8 in gunmetal with upgraded full top window kit

- caselabs pedestal with ventilated flex bay and front cover

-custom "rapture" themed aquaero 6 cover and psu cover

- custom ensourced sleeved extensions

- Custom dual water plate style resivoirs for top of frame on the s8 working with James from clockwork on specifics.

Pics will be added shortly
    Last edited by trestles126; 03-01-2017, 01:02 AM.

Last edited by trestles126; 10-29-2016, 06:19 PM.

Comment

I went and spent the 5 bucks/year to have no ads in photobucket.

still some ads.
      HAF932 Mods
      C70 Mods

Comment

The mobile app Completly doesn't work anymore was useful very tedious to post from phone now!

Comment

Other idea is to have a single water plate across front of s8 roof 16 wide by 5 inches long and 1.5 deep. With two seperate resivoirs supplying my two d5s below mounted in the middle of the 240 rads. And also linking the inside ports of rads together using the water plate as well. James at clockwork has been very helpful and his response time is super fast. I look forward to working with him

Comment

funtimes! going with Jim is a win all round.
            HAF932 Mods
            C70 Mods

Comment

This is cool!
              Sentinel Build: Build Log,
              Venom Build: Build Log,
              Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
              Orange Build: Final Video
              HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

sounds like some cool idea's for the res or res's
                Blackout
                Something-New
                Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
                  funtimes! going with Jim is a win all round.
                  Amen!!! I'm a big fan of his! Can't wait to see this one come together! I must somehow have acrylic tube routing panels in my PC someday.

Comment

Progress is good Got 4 gentle typhoons in. My first two boxs of caselabs parts came including new mid chasi panel I get to cut into to make the 240 rad fit on the left. Going with 240 left 360 right then two 360s below.

My res is all mocked up and sent all info to Jim for rendering. All that I need is my pedestal in 2-3 weeks but for now tore case Completly apart and am gonna start possibly painting all red on motherboard black at least the sata ports and the last PCI port with no card. I'll post pics tomorrow of final res idea and build pics

Plan on throwing A6 in pedestal to clean up case wiring I figure go soft tubing with quick disconnects to make it easily splittable

Comment

Also as my drives are very basic a 120ssd for op system and a 240ssd for games prOb throw a 450 in there

Anyways I have a 1tb and 2tb with nothing on them that I plan on putting in a cage in the left lower portion of my s8 as I'm taking my 240 rad out and using this space for easy cable management and a drain on off for my gpu loop.

What are my possibilities for home storage and say a NAS style setup. Mind you have no knowledge of NAS or home networking other than I tried to get my htpc to link up to my s8 and failed.

Can I use these hard drives in a home network to save pics music and movies too and back up certain data from folders such as saved games. ?

Comment

I have 4tb of movies and music saved on a nas that I then use throughout the house. Works awesome.... can't see why saved games would be any different.

Live the concept of the build.
                        "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

Comment

My living room pc seems to be my nas though have never watched/listened to anything other than at home albeit have a fiio with 128gb of space for tunes. So seems I get smaller drives to move transfer things around instead of using my home network. Should really consider a nas also. Drives are cheap now and believe you can connect them into the router directly for storage and retrieval .
                          Blackout
                          Something-New
                          Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

I really need to build a bigger NAS I have near 9tb of movies, 4tb of series and a 2gb of music I currently stream to all devices and PC's on my LAN.
                            Next step 4 x 10tb drives in raid 5
                            Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                            OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                            Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

what are u using for an enclosure Hooded or maybe suggest something other than a 4 bay..
                              was thinking of something like this
                              https://www.qnap.com/en-us/product/model.php?II=217

this is under $200 cad
                              Blackout
                              Something-New
                              Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Working...
                              X